Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Champions League 21/22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

@Ace2007 has me worried, I am 22 points ahead going into GW 21,. second round of Q-F...

@Ace2007 is on a massive double up, FH... I have one player on a double ....

I think I am out all ready ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mid GW update, Kathleen looks to be through, Ace has a lot to do, the other two are very close

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

First day I have logged on in quite a while. Had almost forgotten about this. Playing free hit helped me.

Only coped it now, the last game of game week 21 is on Wednesday 12th January.... A bit to wait to see who goes into the semi finals....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That Everton v Leicester postponement has a huge impact here. I know in my game I’d Maddison and my opponent had DCL and Gray. These situations obviously benefit the people who are already in front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Yeah that ends any chance I have, need a Bowen hat-trick and not sure even if that is enough.

Yeah, I think it would be slightly more than that required if Toney and Antonio get boring and expected 2 point scores.

Will work it out after the 3rd Bowen goal goes in.

I clearly didn’t work it out very well because I think it’s only a point I’ve won by, assuming I’m working out correctly this time.

Yes sickening, DCL penalty and Leicester Covid costing me. Best of luck in the rest of the competition and thanks Green and Red for running this.

• Advertisement

Results in for the QFs, Trimm Trabb unlucky to lose out

Semi finals will be held over GW23 & GW24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ooofff didn’t realise it was so close. Took a -4 to get own goal scoring Fernandez as my second keeper which cost me - he who dares loses.

Thanks for running G & R - best of luck to the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Fair play for running Green and Red. Great competition to have mid season, keeps the interest alive when out if the running in the regular leagues.

Congrats to Kathleen on nobbling me in the Quarters :-) best of luck to the final 4.

Making Dennis captain really didn't help my efforts.....

At least we are even on captain points 😭, in the semi...

Can't complain about him overall though. He has been a hero several weeks.

Mid-GW update. Kathleen is all out on 37, while Duefrine has King to go so you'd imagine that will still be a live contest in GW24.

The other tie really depends on who plays in Watford v Burnley. Mectavba has Ramsdale and Digne to sub in if Foster & Lowton are out again, thats 20 points. His bench alone is 34 points. CSF has King C to go.

Think Hodgson’s imminent appointment means Foster playing the Burnley game is probably quite likely but the Lowton one worries the sh*t out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Pretty pathetic return from my Free Hit - made an absolute mess of the team selection!! As a Villa fan - always expect the worse so benched Digne!

• Advertisement

I was surprised you’d played it. Was that based on this or just a general strategic decision?

Team was a mess, missed a few deadlines over xmas where I would have played it, so still had 2 in the bank. Then there was this, another monthly league and I wanted to wait until post AFCON to WC.

Thats interesting, because I'd actually been quite nervous of your team with the treble Arsenal against Burnley.

That Lowton benching is a blow for me. There’s probably an 11 point swing in our tie based on whether he comes on or not.

The fact that Jay Rodriguez is the only player on their bench who doesn’t appear to be a keeper, defender or DM is about the only thing giving me any optimism towards him getting a cameo.

Well that couldn’t have gone much worse. I’m in poor shape now.

Two very close ties, probably too early to call.

Interesting that the final GWs will be a double & a blank, will anyone use their FHs to take the pot?

• Advertisement

Don't think this would be a good week for it. The good fixtures seem to be largely the teams that we all have as template anyway.

I was certain Lowton was going to come on for a 1 pointer! That 0-0 rescued what was turning out to be a FH disaster!

If you made the final would you consider back to back FHs?

You can't play back to back FHs. But no, probably not anyway. If it was winner takes all 750, what you'd be playing for in a final would be bigger, but once you've actually reached the final you're playing for 250 so that doesnt feel like something you'd go way outside of prime strategy for your entire season over.

That isn't a criticism btw, I think the prize structure is good and fair. But it does impact strategy.

Actually, that reminds me, can you all PM me PayPal details again, it means I can get the winnings out quickly. CSF I have yours

• Advertisement

Just looked at my team again. I don't even have a plan. You won't need mine.

Things couldn't be tighter after last nite, ridiculously close

Kathleen is on FH but Duefrine has two extra players to play.

Mectavba is on WC, CSF looks to be up against it

Looks like the top tie is done. Second tie is all to play for, Duefrine has Tierney, Salah & ESM V Kathleen's Jota, Daka & Ramsdale, tough one to call

Whatever happens I'm happy that I was in with a shout in the end. Good luck tonight Duefrine.

2 goals each from Jota and Martinelli tonight, not a bother on them.

Good luck to you also, its going to be interesting keeping an eye on the match's tonight...

Honestly wouldn't begrudge it - bit embarrassed going through using chips - but as I said in an earlier post this tie coincided with needing to sort out my team after neglecting it over Xmas.

Would be justice (as two Villa fans) if me leaving Jacob Ramsey on the bench put me out!

I don’t see what you’ve to be embarrassed about anyway. The chips are there to be used strategically and you’ve used them strategically.

Pretty comprehensive in the end

Weeks break until the final and playoff

Best of luck in the final guys!!

• Advertisement

I played my free hit but don't feel bad about it. A game is a game and you do what you can to win it. My team was awful so I had to do something. I have played my hand now though so blank week this week for Arsenal and Chelsea will kill me and i won't have the free hit for later in the season for DGW.

Had a great run this year, delighted to have made the semi final,

Thanks to green red for running it this year...

Best of luck in the final, Kathleen grant and mectavba

Well Kathleen - looks like we are finely poised - my TC on Salah nosing me ahead!

I considered it myself but wasn't sure of his game time. Really sickened about Jota. Had already taken a -4 and considered taking a -8 and get in Weghorst and decided if he blanked it wasn't worth it so I'd just chance Pogba. Faint heart never won fair lady! Or in this instance faint heart probably fucked up chance of winning. He who dares wins! Fortune favours the Brave! Ah well, like I say, sickened.

Well Mectavba, it looks like you have done the business. Congratulations. Even if my team had done anything you playing your triple captain would have made the difference. Well done.

I think I’ve won my 50 back right?

I'll get an update today, sorry for the lack of an update before this GW

Bit of a damp squib in the end, congrats to Mectavba, had it won after the first GW

Money will be out to winners today, Kathleen I think I need you're paypal

Edit: Mectavba I need a way to pay you, you still locked out of Paypal? Send me on some of details if you are

Congratulations to the prize winners, if it's on next season count me in ...

I forgot about the 3ed prize ☹️, would have amended my team to give it a shot...

• Advertisement

Had a lot of things said about me but a damp squib is a new one 😜 Sure I played all my cards getting into the final and couldn't get a plan that wouldn't have put all my other leagues at risk. Congrats to Mectavba again. Now sorry lads but I've sent loads of money on paypal before and don't remember getting any. How do I find my name on paypal? Is it just the name with my profile?

Advertisement