Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Champions League 21/22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Registered Users Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is it consecutive weeks from here on out yeah?

the knockout stages will be two consecutive GWs and a weeks break.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

stand to be corrected

Q-F... GW 20 & 21

S-F....GW 23 & 24

FINAL ... GW 26 & 27

Is that correct ?

Regards

• Advertisement

Sorry for the lack of updates after the GW19, I'll try and get one out between the two GWs in the semi finals. Trimm Trabb & CSF would have been two of the pre-tournament favourites, both dumped out. Down to four now, three of whom will get money

After two rounds Mectavba had lost both but is just clicking into gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Wasn't sure myself during the week whether the 2 legs of the quarters had been played. Christmas is a confusing time in general, let alone in fpl!

But wasn't there a gap week before the quarters? So 1st leg was in fpl gameweek 20, 2nd leg due to be played tomorrow in fpl gameweek 21?

Yeah, that’s got 19 and 20 included and isn’t correct. I’m 8 points up after my first leg going into the second.

Went through a brief mixed feeling of panic at thinking I was out, and flattery at being called a pre-tournament favourite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Very flukey on my part - forgot to change my team for GW 21. Although it is all a bit of a lottery at this stage!

Sorry guys, yer right! Good job someone is on the ball!

• Advertisement

@Ace2007 has me worried, I am 22 points ahead going into GW 21,. second round of Q-F...

@Ace2007 is on a massive double up, FH... I have one player on a double ....

I think I am out all ready ...

Mid GW update, Kathleen looks to be through, Ace has a lot to do, the other two are very close

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

First day I have logged on in quite a while. Had almost forgotten about this. Playing free hit helped me.

Only coped it now, the last game of game week 21 is on Wednesday 12th January.... A bit to wait to see who goes into the semi finals....

That Everton v Leicester postponement has a huge impact here. I know in my game I’d Maddison and my opponent had DCL and Gray. These situations obviously benefit the people who are already in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Yeah that ends any chance I have, need a Bowen hat-trick and not sure even if that is enough.

Yeah, I think it would be slightly more than that required if Toney and Antonio get boring and expected 2 point scores.

Will work it out after the 3rd Bowen goal goes in.

I clearly didn’t work it out very well because I think it’s only a point I’ve won by, assuming I’m working out correctly this time.

Yes sickening, DCL penalty and Leicester Covid costing me. Best of luck in the rest of the competition and thanks Green and Red for running this.

• Advertisement

Results in for the QFs, Trimm Trabb unlucky to lose out

Semi finals will be held over GW23 & GW24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ooofff didn’t realise it was so close. Took a -4 to get own goal scoring Fernandez as my second keeper which cost me - he who dares loses.

Thanks for running G & R - best of luck to the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Fair play for running Green and Red. Great competition to have mid season, keeps the interest alive when out if the running in the regular leagues.

Congrats to Kathleen on nobbling me in the Quarters :-) best of luck to the final 4.

Making Dennis captain really didn't help my efforts.....

At least we are even on captain points 😭, in the semi...

Can't complain about him overall though. He has been a hero several weeks.

Mid-GW update. Kathleen is all out on 37, while Duefrine has King to go so you'd imagine that will still be a live contest in GW24.

The other tie really depends on who plays in Watford v Burnley. Mectavba has Ramsdale and Digne to sub in if Foster & Lowton are out again, thats 20 points. His bench alone is 34 points. CSF has King C to go.

Think Hodgson’s imminent appointment means Foster playing the Burnley game is probably quite likely but the Lowton one worries the sh*t out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Pretty pathetic return from my Free Hit - made an absolute mess of the team selection!! As a Villa fan - always expect the worse so benched Digne!

• Advertisement

I was surprised you’d played it. Was that based on this or just a general strategic decision?

Advertisement