Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

I'd say there's some really interesting conspiracy theories in the pipeline for all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The Putin admin doing underhand or conspiracy stuff is common knowledge and as such it doesn't interest conspiracy theorists who want to feel special by having "secret" knowledge.

"Man I was wrong all along" - Something you will never ever read on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

So it looks like all we’ll be left with is masks in certain circumstances for the time being, no suggestion that they’re permanent.

Using Gortanna’s maths, 99% of restrictions will be lifted over the next week or so, that’s a long way from all and permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Nah, all of those "restrictions" were just measures like the measure stopping people from going 5km from their house. They weren't a big deal and were never going to be permanent. He never argued they would be permanent.

When he said 99%, he didn't mean that literally, he only meant it for masks, which is real issue and the biggest restriction of all. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I would imagine that they will announce its removal today , perhaps pushing it to midnight which covers all but Nightclubs, with full openings happening in another couple of weeks.

They might delay the date by a few days though.

Having said that , even if they announced an immediate removal of the curfew most places wouldn't be ready for a few days anyway in terms of staff rosters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

But its the restriction of wearing a mask on a bus which is the real problem and clearly shows the evil control that they have over us. The measure of wearing a mask in a shop or workplace was never a big deal. When he said 99% of restrictions he meant 0.99% and we were just to indoctrinated into blindly obeying the evil plans to realise our stupidity.

We've not had the line about "no country has removed the requirement for covid passes" for a while. Guess that will now get retconned into a new definition soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

But there are so many people thinking it this morning. 2 years. Up in smoke.

Nah. Doesn't involve white Americans and involves Russia in a negative light.

The vast majority of conspiracy outlets aren't going to be able to market it, so they'll just ignore it like they did with all of the Russian shenanigans with Trump.

And without the conspiracy media producing their thoughts for them, conspiracy theorists won't have anything to link dump, thus will have no opinion and no interest in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

That's true. They haven't got an original thought between them so if they aren't fed the information they can't spread it.

Don’t forget the signs. At one point the signs were the most offensive thing ever and probably resulted in him/her staying in their parents box room in the dark.

Weird silence from usual suspects...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

All restrictions apart from masks dropped from 6am tomorrow, one side has gone very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Lots of frogs taking a warm bath, not a boiling amphibian in sight.

Anyway, on to the next big theory....

It won’t bother most of the CT’ists here as they are too fearful of the big bad world and so can’t leave their homes. Covid restrictions were just the latest excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Back to 9/11 it is so

@Gortanna you have to admit you were wrong now, and wasted two years of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

NWO anyone?

Nah. Great Reset again and that this was just practice for 2030 when we will no longer have anything as everything will have been taken from us by octogenarian Klaus Schwab - who if alive will be 90. He will personally be arriving at your door to leave you nothing but your birthday suit.

• Advertisement

Conspiracy theorists everywhere must be rejoicing that measures are being removed, that we aren't living in some nightmare 1984 tyrannical state, that the vaccines aren't killing everyone, that there's no forced labour camps and microchips..

I can't imagine their happiness and relief ;)

I'm waiting for Gortanna or CQD to say we can't judge until they stick a needle in the Earth's core to trigger the reset...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

*ring ring*

"Hello?"

"Hello Mum/Dad/Friend? Its me, I'm so sorry about how I've been for the last couple of years. Ill ignore idiots on social media in the future".

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hahaha hahaha hahashake......

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Crocodile Booze

So...........

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I was kinda enjoying the restrictions

Masks: No fùckwits hacking phlegm up everywhere or coughing guts up spreading germs.

Social distancing: same as above but behind you in a queue, no one sitting next to you on a train meaning no unwanted conversation with nosy bastards.

WFH: Most of the annoying people (who did very little anyway) hopped at the chance to WFH, Work was much more pleasant and got much more done in less time.

Table service in pubs: Nice to get a beer bought to the table meaning no standing at the bar for ages while some drunken gobshìte tries to strike up a conversation about duck billed platypus mating rituals.

Yea very doubtful we'll hear from them on this thread again.

Maybe one more post warning us that the restrictions could come back and they are still right. But there will be no attempt to explain current events ot address any if the hanging questions.

I suspect @Gortanna will attempt to point out that masks will still be permanent but will still refuse to actually explain why this will be or why it's such an issue for him.

Conspiracy theorists have been utterly dishonest from the start of this thread no reason to think they would suddenly start being honest at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

@King Mob

In the immortal words of Dave Grohl....

“Then I'm done, done, on to the next one

Done, done and I'm on to the next one

Done, I'm done and I'm on to the next”...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Must be a lot of icy cold frogs around here tonight. Too frozen even to talk.

If ye do decide to have children (God help us), please think twice before forcing your stupidity on them. Give them some hope of breaking the cycle of fools.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement