Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Can you not just use the 99% stuff? It has to be 70%?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Not sure but maybe it would be too harsh on the skin or the plastic?

Edit: actually I found this after posting.. seems 99% would evaporate before properly cleaning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

this guy makes good videos… very educational

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Nope, 90%+ isopropyl is actually quite poor at killing bacteria. It damages the bacteria too aggressively, causing its cell wall to coagulate too quickly. The layer of coagulation actually then protects the bacteria, preventing the isopropyl from coming into contact with it. Also, 70% has just the right amount of water in it. Water slows the evaporation process, resulting in longer contact time with the bacteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IrelandABU

It’s been a long time since I went through the procedure but I was back with Dr. Nel about 9 months ago for a check up so I thought I’d share some of the results here but at the time there was the Boards.ie migration and so it totally slipped my mind. Anyway here are a few of the before and after for me as promised. It’s actually got a lot better since these were taken. Sorry it’s taken so long to post these!!!

• Advertisement

Looking great, what regime do you follow now (i.e. what meds and how much/how often) ... and are you dermarolling (what size mm and how often)?

Also will you be getting SMP to fill in any remaining areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IrelandABU

Have been on Fin and Loniten since the op. Less than 1mg each a day and thankfully no side effects. Did the dermaroller for a few months postop but haven’t been in a long time to be honest (I know I should).

Im thinking about SMP for the crown area as I got no implants there at all but being honest I’m super happy with the results as they are so it’s a 50/50 at the minute but will probably do it at some stage this year alright.

Same advice I had at the time I’d give now to anyone. If it’s bothering you, go and talk to a few places, research, research, research and then go with whatever option is best for you,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 con49

Hi all. Thanks for this really useful thread. I wanted to add a point about saw palmetto. I’ve been using it along with beta sitosterol over a few years and feel adding beta s really made a difference. I haven’t seen anyone else mention it but might be worth looking into if you’re on or thinking of using saw palmetto.

I also wanted to ask about Tir na nOg clinic - I went for a consultation there and was impressed. But I see very little mention of it on this thread. Very few responses to previous questions. Is there a reason? I’d really appreciate anyone’s experiences. I’m finding it hard to take the plunge. I went to consultations at a few other places, including some more expensive ones, but felt more positive about Tir an nOg really.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Hi, where do you get your saw palmetto and beta sitosterol? Is it tablet form or have you tried shampoo or anthing? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 con49

Hey, I use tablets of both, ordering on Amazon from the UK. At the moment 500mg of beta s (ecovits) and saw palmetto from pureclinica.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't go combining finasteride, saw palmetto and beta sitosterol. Your prostate won't know what's hit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 St. Pat

I posted this in the other HT thread. Definitely worth a listen.

https://www.goloudnow.com/podcasts/dermot-dave-65/everything-you-need-to-know-about-hair-restoration-320393

Dr Nel spoke with Dermot and Dave today and highlighted the importance of taking finasteride for a successful HT and what other clinics tend to do to keep clients. A perfect example was the second segment where a listener told his experience of a HT with another Irish clinic.

Caller in the second segment hasn't a clue. Doesn't understand what Minoxidil does and isn't taking Finasteride.

Yeah seems so, and considering he only got 2500 graphs he probably has a lot of native hair susceptible to further loss.

Are you sure that whole piece wasn't actually a comedy sketch?

Nel: "95% of all hair transplants fail ... patients don't take the medication."

Dermot & Dave: "So how come you don't have to take the medication caller?"

Caller: *Pause*

Caller: "I dunno"

Definitely not. Ailesbury wouldn't be too impressed if that was the case.

Ailesbury advocate taking Saw Palmetto, but not Finasteride

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭HBC08

This is true,of the 1000s of clinics around the world from the very top surgeons to hair mills to backstreet butchers you won't find anybody else on the same page as Ailesbury clinic in Dublin on this.Avoid at all costs.I say this as someone who had a consultation with them and there were many red flags

Post edited by HBC08 on

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭suave.4u

I have had consultation with Dr Nel (did not have HT) . 95% hair transplants fail does not look right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 md1994

Hello there !

I got hair transplant with ailsbury about a year ago now and I am not happy what so ever. I will be going to war with them until I get a refund. I haven’t seen anyone else’s HT from them but you say you were happy, which is good. I think it’s hit and miss in there.

any chance you could share you results so I can compare in some way to mine ?

would be a big help !

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭HBC08

Sorry to hear and good luck in trying to get something back.

I hope your story and others will steer people away from there.

I don't know what avenue you have to get money back or anything like that,how are you thinking of going about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

He meant 95% fail if they dont take finasteride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Seen ailesbury results before, madness to go with them imo.

They do offer a written signed guarantee that 95% of the implants will remain in place (or something similar) though I think they would normally offer additional sessions for free rather than money back...so there might be a case there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Neil R

Hi there I also went for a consultation in tir na og and was not impressed, I had a procedure 3 years ago in DHI which is no the beacon but still run by Justin . They absolutely made a mess of my hair transplant hairs placed in wrong direction and not enough grafts . I have just had an additional transplant with Dr Andre Nel . The man is an expert in this field and his team are first class . He is honest and open and will not do the procedure unless you commit to the medical side as well by taking proscar and lointin . In my opinion the only place in Ireland to get a hair transplant is with Dr Andre Nel . His price are more expensive but trust me it is worth the money .

Dr Andre Nel is the only place in Ireland to get a hair transplant. Yes more expensive but his work is top quality . I had a procedure in the beacon 3 years ago ,they where cheap but they did a terrible job, I have had to get another hair transplant to repair the work done there and add more density, I can honestly say that Dr Andre Nel and team are expert’s In what they do and will only do the procedure if you agree to take the medication he tells you to use

• Advertisement

I just found the consultation very brief and vague . Didn’t even examine my hair during it , i made the mistake of having a hair transplant with the DHI in the beacon which is now under a different name but still managed by Justin who is just a sales rep and again the consultation was very vague . Dr Andre Nel will go through everything with you and is realistic and not just out to sell you something. I know he is more expensive but I am very happy to have paid the extra money for him to carry out the hair transplant.

Advertisement