Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

No, I use a very small amount of fin - about 1/4 of the recommended dosage.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

Cheers man. Still looks good. Delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Looks great.

Have you recommended Dr. Doganay to any friends / boardies?

I'm a bit reluctant to go to Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I can only recommend my experience with him, which was great in terms of results and cost. It takes an insane amount of research across forums, etc to find who is best for anyone's situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheManeMan

For people who don't what to take a 5 ar inhibitor or any growth stimulant for fear of side effects yet still get a HT, you'll likely be in for disappointment in a few short years.

MPB is progressive and covering your entire scalp will never provide the same density as before with multiple HTs, especially if you have poor donor density, hair thickness and even worse if you have retrograde alopecia.

While the follicles in the donor area are generally resistant to balding, not all are and if you have over 20% miniaturisation in that region, then those transplanted hairs will also fall out. The bare minimum should be a topical anti androgen and some growth stimulant to buy you extra time.

OP your hair line looks decent still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

Dr Doganay & Dr Bicer in Turkey are about the only 2 doctors that come recommended out of the 1000's of places in Turkey on hair forums. So be weary a lot of places in Turkey are hair mills.

A mate of mine is getting a HT done in Ailesbury in 2 weeks 4600 graphs for about €5000 be interested to see how he gets on. As I definitely need a second one and he is a lot worse than me. but I only got 2000 graphs. I say 1 think about HT's it is totally painless. Just time consuming and expensive but worth in the long run if your paying 30/40 euro a month on rogaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭HBC08

That's good advise in general but not strictly true.For some older people like myself in my 40s hairloss was very gradual and can stabilise naturally without dht blocker.Im not taking finisteride now but did for most of my 30s, I do use minoxidil but that's not a dht blocker.

Retrograde alopecia is a different kettle of fish, you'd really need to discuss your options with a proper ht surgeon on that.

Even the beginning of miniaturisation in the donor can be a problem down the line, again you need a proper in person consultation on stuff like this,WhatsApp and Turkey are not the answer.

That clinic will have quoted hairs and not grafts so it's about 1800- 2000 grafts he's getting so dishonest from the start.I went there for a consultation, one price if I would do the surgery in a month,an extra thousand if I waited longer,getting the hard sell etc,does this sound like a trustworthy place to have surgery? I'd tell him to run a mile.How many close up before and afters can you find from them? Who preforms the surgery?Also that's about €2.5 a graft,for that price you can get the higher end of the middle tier surgeons in Europe.

Oh I know. I have heard nothing but bad reports from there. Not a chance I would get a HT done here even if it was same price and you would save on the hassle of travelling. He travelled with me to Poland when I got mine done. He has done no research and doesnt listen. He thinks my job wasn't great as in I dont have a full head of thick hair but I only got 2000 graphs and was told I would need a second hit. You always need 2 anyway from my research. But the Doctor I went to although is good is very conservative and does'nt do many more than 2000 graphs at a time but is very good for hair line and natural looking next one be for density. But I am still interested to see his results.

Yes sorry,I think we interacted before on here and you had your homework done.Man if he's a close friend I would get him to ask the questions I had in my original post,you only have one donor area.

I'd much rather a conserative Dr like you had in Poland, that an anonymous surgeon/tech/ramdomer in City centre dublin.

• Advertisement

Does he know he's only getting 2000 himself? Likely by a less skilled operator, who's name or work he doesn't even know? Show him this thread seriously it's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

any ailesbury results i have seen have been very poor, advise your friend, it would be a massive mistake, show him these posts.

I said it to him loads. He doesn't care he just wants it done. Plus the fact Id say hes a scale 6. He works for himself so doesnt want to go abroad as it be to much time off work.

You just can't talk to some people, he's taking a massive risk that he'll have for the rest of his life over taking a few days off work (which he'll have to do anyway after a ht)

At least let him know they're talking hairs and not grafts,not a lot else you can say to him it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Best place to get minoxidil foam and a 0.5mm dermaroller that aren't a rip-off?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭BigProblem

pharmadirect.ie or medipharm for the minoxidil foam and foleys chemist website for the dermaroller.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

He got done today anyway. They started at 7.30am and were finished at 2.30pm they told him his graphs were good and got 4000. He send me a picture it doesnt look like 4000! When I got my HT they started at 9.30am and finished at 6.30 pm with half hour lunch and that was for only 2000 graphs. I said it to him was he sure it was graphs and not hairs and he said no graphs 100% have to say doesn't even look like 1000 incisions never mine 4000!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GenericName2

Hi all, I'm new to all this so reading this and other forums has been so useful.

OP - sound for putting this out there. So helpful for lads like me who want an Irish perspective on things.

After reading up on clinics abroad and FUT/FUE, does anyone have any feedback on Tir Na Nog clinica in Dublin?

I'm sorting a consultation with Dr. Nel but am thinking of getting another with Dr Kevin too.

Jesus....

As long as he's happy but any paperwork or anything he has from them will say hairs and not grafts.Depending on his hair characteristics he'll have had 1700- 2100 grafts approximately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 St. Pat

I did a consultation with Dr Nel and delighted I did because i hadn't a clue really about HT and he put my mind at ease about taking finasteride. Someone said before in this thread that it is well worth paying the 200 consultation fee alone even if you have no intention of paying €4 a graph and I'd agree 100%. Can't say I know much about Tir na nog but the results on their website don't look great imo.

I was initially looking at the cheap places in turkey and some of the cheaper Irish options but once you start doing your research you realise a lot of these places are a role of the dice in regards to getting a good result! If your willing to pay Dr Nel's prices I'd also suggest you look at some of the top surgeons in Europe such as bisanga, HLC, pekiner, feriduni, Ferreira etc. some have long waiting lists though!! I went to Ferreira and although I'm at the early stages I was very impressed how the procedure went and hopefully I'll get a good result!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Had my second consultation yesterday with Dr Nel yesterday and booked my procedure for March. My donor area is pretty weak especially after the poor job I got first time so I'll be getting a mix of FUE and FUT and then getting SMP to cover up the scar from the FUT.

Yea he seems happy. Cant believe how painless it was. I will say he had a few appointments before the procedure and has follow up ones at 6 and 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GenericName2

Cheers St. Pat for getting back and HBC08 too.

Dr Bruno Ferreira came up from from a few other places too. I have no interest in Turkey but with the extra cost of flights and accommodation of Porto, i don't know would I pay just a bit more for the handiness of Ireland. But I am still at the very early stages of all this.

Dr. Nel seems crazy busy as the next consultation is not until March/April!

I planned on doing like St. Pat and finding everything out at this consultation but also getting a prescription for finsterade. But with no access for months, what's the best way? I don't think I will have hope with a local GP, even though I'm near 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Coady2020

Anyone know where to buy dutasteride in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 St. Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nhighnote414

Hello there! I had a hair transplant 3 days ago in DHI London Clinic. The reason i share my story with you is because some months ago i had a consultation with them. Ι told the consultant that i was visiting the forum and he asked me if I want to share my story. I thought that if my result will turn out to be not good enough then their clinic will be defamed. I guess that was one good reason for me to choose them and of course to write here.

As for my experience: The doctor performed an alopecia test on me and he calculated how many hairs i can give lifetime. Then we designed the hairline on my scalp and we talked about the distribution of the grafts. We decided to restore my a zone now and my crown area later (maybe next year..). They also showed me the implanter and a video with the method. Also, they showed me some famous patients but I €™ve asked them to see results up close. I really liked the transparency of the whole procedure and i think that was the main reason i was convinced to have a second consultation there were i saw 4 live cases (3 very impressive and 1 which was fair enough). We booked the date and here we are. So, in total, I had 1.664 grafts which is 3.764 hairs in my A zone. (They asked me to take a photo of the grafts extracted. That was a very honest approach from them).

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭suave.4u

thanks for sharing.

There is a DHI in Sandyford, why did you not go there instead?

• Advertisement

Great,throw up some pics there.

How much per graft? What doctor?

London wouldn't be my first choice for value or quality I'd have to say.

Advertisement