Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Watched this tonight and loved it. So easy to get this type of sentimentality wrong but they got it so right. Hanks really is one of the greats.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The First Monday in May (2016) - Art and celebrity power this documentary that delves behind the scenes of 2015's China-themed Met Gala, the fashion world's most dynamic annual event..

added

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Decided to search for some french movies for the missus and came across a Danny Boon comedy called Stuck Together. It was a covid comedy set during the Paris lockdown and it was excellent. Some really funny laugh out loud sequences in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

This could either be amazing or a total disaster. Looking forward to it though I imagine it could vary a lot depending on the guest star.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I watched Redemption of a Rogue there and started laughing right at the start and barely stopped. I found it very dark and funny.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The UI on both Netflix and Prime are terrible, these are massive streaming platforms and they still haven't set up a proper app to meet their customers needs.

Guys here and on the prime thread post new titles that have been added but yet when go to the recently added folder on both apps, these titles don't seem to surface and you'd have to use the search function.

I have an IPTV app and every day new films are added and go straight into a folder so there's no chance of missing something new.

Why can't the big boys do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Watched the lighthouse last night. All day today I was thinking about it. Well thinking I could have watched anything else but instead decided to watch this. Really hated it.

It was well made, acted etc etc but it's plot and themes were way too ambiguous to the point of needing a degree in Greek mythology to get anything from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Yep I felt the exact same way, farting scene was a bit of a weird laugh!

Because even the what’s new folder is filtered for your taste ( and/or whatever they want to promote).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I dunno, I'm sure there were meanings behind some moments for sure, but I watched this purely from the perspective as an evocative descent into madness from isolation; that alone was, IMO, brilliantly done with the two men just completely unravelling in a manner beyond them both becoming homicidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭jj880

Red Notice greenlit for 2 sequels. Thats gona be 600 million dollars budget for the 3 movies between 215 million subs. First 1 was pure dross and for some reason they are making 2 more. Thats my mind made up 100%. Any more price rises Im out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Caquas

Hand of God is worth a watch on Netflix. Beautifully made, lots of humour, great cast.

Not really about Maradona though he lifts the mood of the whole city.

It is getting nominations and should do well in the award shows.

The Ice King (2018) - Artist. Perfectionist. Pioneering gay athlete. This documentary tracks the remarkable life of figure skater John Curry, who won Olympic gold in 1976.

Annabelle Comes Home (2019) - A devilish doll presides over a haunted house of horrors, awakening evil spirits in the home of two demonologists and terrorizing their young daughter.

Clarence (2016) Season 3 - Adventurous and happy-go-lucky grade-schooler Clarence flips the mundane into fun and finds exciting possibilities in everyday life.

Blippi (2021) - Fun and friendly Blippi takes preschoolers along on interactive and educational field trips, keeping them constantly curious about their world.

Blippi's School Supply Scavenger Hunt (2021) - When his friend gives him a list of supplies, Blippi embarks on a scavenger hunt to gather everything he needs to go back to school.

Added

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm 3 episodes into Archive 81 and really enjoying it so far. It's not a direct filmed version of the podcast (it couldn't be, really, the podcast is written to play to the strengths of its medium) but a strong adaptation of it to a visual medium; there's a foreboding atmosphere and tension throughout that I'm really enjoying. Fingwrs crossed the quality remains consistent, and if so that it gets renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭bullpost

Anyone who enjoyed The Lost Daughter might give this a whirl - very atmospheric with similar themes but much darker:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭dublin49

watched " the Great Beauty " again over the weekend.Steer well clear of this if you must have action ,drama, or even a storyline or plot.This is a visual treat,Rome magnificently photographed ,a two hour pleasure cruise watch ,the storyline for what its worth is about a middle aged playboy wandering around Rome ,interacting with his friends and occasionally ruminating on how his life and the life of his peers has turned out .Well worth a look if you are ok with the caveats above.the photography is truly stunning .The Sound track is pretty good too.

I am not sold yet. I like Rome and all, but is there maybe one explosion? even if its only the doors, this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

Redemption of a Rogue, very dark and strange. A few mildly amusing moments but not great.

Deadly cuts, gave up after 10 minutes, rubbish.

The Puppet Master: Hunting the Ultimate Conman (2021) - In this harrowing docuseries, a cruel conman masquerading as a British spy manipulates and steals from his victims, leaving ruined families in his wake.

Mighty Express: Train Trouble (2022) - A sneaky duo has tricked the trains and taken over Mission Station! Can Flicker flex his skills on the tracks to rescue his friends and save the day?..

Kalushi: The Story of Solomon Mahlangu (2016) - The life and times of iconic South African liberation fighter Solomon Mahlangu, who battled the forces of apartheid, come into focus.

Blitz Patrollie (2013) - Caught between family pressures and small-time crime-fighting, a pair of bumbling cops tries to bust a massive drug deal and go down in history...

DOTA: Dragon's Blood (2021) 2 Books - This animated series based on the popular DOTA 2 video-game franchise tells the story of Davion, a renowned Dragon Knight devoted to wiping the scourge from the face of the world. Following encounters with a powerful, ancient eldwurm as well as the noble Princess Mirana on a secret mission of her own, Davion becomes embroiled in events much larger than he could have ever imagined.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

El Marginal season 4 is out tomorrow, brilliant Argentinian prison drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Yeah watched Redemption of a Rogue and only because I was watching it with someone else I would totally have given up on it.

Brazen- at top 5 today I thought was awful..

Going to try The Puppet Master now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Watching The Puppet Master now. Very watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Watched don't look up and that new one with Sandra bullock recently and wow talk about heaps of shite,Netflix are horsing out some dire stuff with quite a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Registered Users Posts: 31,865 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It is definitely interesting alright...but Christ people can be so gullible.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,865 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Flying through it...it is packing a lot into 3 episodes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Advertisement