Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ha, I remember giving up on season one years ago. Checked Netflix after reading your post and episode 9 was next on the list! Must give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Season 1 first aired in 2019 with season 2 the following year. Season 3 (which I believe isn't on Netflix yet) aired just a few months ago and I think the pandemic only becomes a factor in the final two episodes if I remember correctly. Makes me think there could be up to a 3 year gap between initial consultation and and airing so early season 1 could be filmed as far back as 2016.

In between season 2 and 3 they did a Your Garden Made Perfect series which wasn't quite as good but will probably make its way to Netflix at some stage.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Finally had a go at one of the games on Netflix....

I've been playing the Stranger Things one for 2 hours straight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭dublin49

we watched 2 episodes of Stay close last night and thats enough,I know its invention but holy God Coben's plots are so far fetched with 4 members of one family already linked seperately to the investigation.I'm out and should have know better than to start watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Caquas

This show is a salutary reminder that construction here is much more expensive than in Britain. And in the past few years, there has been massive inflation in construction here. The National Childrens Hospital is the emblematic project but every job has been getting more expensive. I would guess we have had 30% increase in overall construction costs in the past five years. And the politicians are wondering why people can’t afford to buy homes! Just don’t buy a fixer-upper here in hopes that Angela Scanlon and her architect buddies will turn it into your dream home 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,158 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Watches the much hyped A Lost Daughter.

Absolute rubbish.

How do crap like this and nomadland get such praise? Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

Anyone for Motherland?? I don’t have kids but I enjoy it’s take on , yip, motherland .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Wolf of Wall Street (2Undercover (2020) 3 Seasons [15] (Flemish) [New Episodes] The lines begin to blur for a pair of undercover cops as they try to infiltrate a drug kingpin's operation by posing as a couple and moving in next door.013)

Night Hunter (2018) - A detective's hunt for a serial killer intersects with a vigilante's quest to punish sexual predators in a case of dizzying twists and turns.

Undercover (2020) Season 3 (Flemish) - The lines begin to blur for a pair of undercover cops as they try to infiltrate a drug kingpin's operation by posing as a couple and moving in next door.

Added

Watched The Gentlemen last night. Very good movie. Entertaining throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Just got a Lookahead email confirming that Archive 81 season 1 arrives this Friday. I've been looking forward to this, the podcast is really good audio body-horror so I'm keen to see how it's been adapted to a visual format.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,235 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Criminal:UK police drama that is set around a single interview per episode. The episodes are standalone for the most part, each episode being a different case. Some great performances from the episodes' guest star. Season 1 is good but Season 2 is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 terrytrap

I liked the series The Witcher. I look forward to continuing. Also I would not mind at all if they released a season with just Geralt and the bard having some adventures off the main story, like sidequests ... 

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I loved the podcast. I had no idea they were making a series based on it. I'll definitely give it a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Caquas

The Human Factor is an excellent account of the Middle East Peace negotiations in the Clinton years.

Ultimately, the negotiations failed and were followed by the Second Intifada but it is gripping to hear from the American negotiators who helped bring the two sides together.

A great combination of personal narrative and archival footage. I’d like to see an Arab version of the same history.

Dear Mother (2021) (French) - When Jean-Louis' heart stops beating, he must confront his Oedipal issues -- and ask his mother an unthinkable question -- or he'll be dead in three days..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Plenty of explosions so

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So let me get this straight: a film that was famous for its unbroken editing during visceral, balletic fighting, will be produced by a director famous for over-cutting his action scenes? Ok, if Bay's producing he may be nowhere near the editing room - but still. The optics aren't immediately great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Just say no. Like Brick Mansions remaking District 13 before it, it'll be at best pointless.

Also worth remembering that Bay runs Platinum Dunes, who have form for squatting and curling out remakes of Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday 13th that lacked any of the merits of the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,216 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I love it. But I have to say I found the recent series a bit of a disappointment

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The nits/covid episode was good, I thought, but the rest of it wasn't quite as good as the previous series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I see Undercover Season 3 landed- 8 episodes, very watchable show.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

I’ve just begun watching it. Ah no, I thought it’d only get better tbh. But still a lot of fun. Does a good job of dispelling the perfect mother fantasy. Or at least tries. I couldn’t believe that it made me, a singleton and non mother to give a toss, but it did. ps I don’t know how I got the unicorn there or how to remove him. Sorry !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Cheer (2022) Season 2 - This gripping docuseries follows the ups and downs of Navarro College's competitive cheer squad as they work to win a coveted national title.

How I Fell in Love with a Gangster (2022) (Polish) - A mysterious woman recounts the rise and fall of Nikodem "Nikoś" Skotarczak, one of the biggest gangsters in Poland's history. Inspired by a true story.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Agree - I thought A Lost Daughter was absolute pants. Nothing happened, it was just a slow reveal of something someone did. No character development, no story or conclusion. Just an air of misery and dread running through it. Many many pointless scenes (e.g. dancing). It tackles a tricky issue alright but who cares when it is this boring.

Nomadland I liked though.

Advertisement