Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tonight Show - Virgin Media One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just watching Regina Docherty & Holly Cairns there on the tonight show......... it's a bit like the ole dog v the young puppy

I was sure Holly Cairns was a South Dub with the posh accent, never heard Cork people talking like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

I was sure Holly Cairns was a South Dub with the posh accent, never heard Cork people talking like that.

She grew up on the south side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Claire Brook taking over from Ciara

She's good. Will take a while to kinda stop seeing her as a newsreader though.

Seems it's just maternity cover, disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,403 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Holly and her FF fella Christopher represent Cork, West Cork I believe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Holly and her FF fella Christopher represent Cork, West Cork I believe

Someone said before they broke up.

I find it weird that someone in politics would end up in a relationship with someone with polar opposite opinions.

Soc Dems would disagree with FF in just about everything, yet Holly and Christopher are TDs representing constituents and they're going out together.

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Someone said before they broke up.

I find it weird that someone in politics would end up in a relationship with someone with polar opposite opinions.

Soc Dems would disagree with FF in just about everything, yet Holly and Christopher are TDs representing constituents and they're going out together.

They probably had an agreement not to talk politics during sexy time :D

Healy Rae talking sense tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Claire Brook is very good.
    Colette Fitzpatrick on the news is excellent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 67,114 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What used to be a programme that was essential viewing has become one that is eminently miss-able. Don't know when I tuned in last.

Slot has lost it's way, long ago.

• Advertisement

Matt Cooper has shocked Virgin Media viewers after quitting The Tonight Show after four years at the helm.

The renowned broadcaster used the summer break as a gauge to decide if he was going to return in time for the new season in August.

He decided to leave the current affairs show to focus on his Today FM and his family life at home in Dublin.

And Matt will enjoy more flexibility in the evenings after he was diagnosed with diabetes nearly three years ago.

He told RSVP Magazine: "There were times after the radio show that I would be keeling over from the exhaustion and from there I would have to go on and do TV.

"I was quite unwell but I only let it carry on for a few weeks."

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/inside-matt-coopers-health-battle-24733538

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah I only tune in now if there is nothing else on, you dont miss much if you dont watch it. It wasnt too bad when Ivan was on it (if a bit tabloidy) but since he left its on a downhill slide.

I wonder who will replace Matt, probably be Gavin Reilly with Claire Brock continuing to do a couple of shows a week as well

I really miss the days of Vincent. Nowadays all these programs are hosted by presenters, rather than journalists who are presenting the show.

They have their set questions to ask and that's it, there's no going off script or digging deeper. There's no challenging politicians anymore.

I can't think of one strong proper journalist who ask difficult questions anymore.

On the topic of Matt, would anyone have an idea of his work schedule pre quitting tonight show?

He's on radio from 4-7. Then TV from 10-11. I assume he wouldn't go home between jobs. What time would he start for the radio work?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

I can think of one, Sarah McInerney, who takes no bulls*it and is not afraid of anyone.

Maire Treasa on about women sports again. Yawnnnnnn.

I see the canseecansee hashtag was on twitter over Leona Maguire yet no one pointed out her golf was on SkySports...who can afford SkySports eh?

The fawning over womens sports really gets annoying. Talk of the womens gaa final last weekend...a girl went for a point from 35 yards out and she didn't reach and the goalkeeper let in a goal over her head.

This cabinet leaks like a sieve, go on Eoin 😁

Barry Cowan basically saying to stay in government he had to go with his party majority

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

Brid Smith is in nasty form tonight. Can't debate any topic without making personal attacks against Billy Kelleher sitting opposite to her. She even turned on Claire Brock when she got a question she didn't agree with. "Are YOU trying to tell me!". Thought she was going to reach across and slap Claire at the end. There is a journalist making an independent case and whenever he says something she doesn't agree with she sort of rolls her head and huffs in her seat with her arms crossed.

How does she get away with this constant bullying behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Is Claire the main presenter on this show now? Not as much of a presence as Matt or Ciara IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 81,499 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Matt is gone since old series ended, not sure on Ciara. The station is dropping lots of staff, apparently it's up for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I like Clare, she really knows her stuff and is a good anchor. She knows exactly when to let the guests talk and doesn’t make it about herself. She has a similar skill to Bill O’Herlihy rip although she hasn’t shown her witty side yet like Bill would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Claire is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did he say a truck does 16 mpg , more like 6 mpg

Gavin Reilly and Claire Brock area decent enough presenters but VM1 is never able to get anyone who sits at the cabinet table on the show which puts them at a disadvantage to Prime Time over on RTE.

M

Another hatchet job on all men living in the country coming up. 'Justice' demanded, the suspect shouldn't have been out on the streets but had been released on bail.

M

Male priviliage ffs.

M

Keith Walsh arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

3 panelists, 1 presenter , all Female , should be an objective discussion 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭bigroad

• Advertisement
    M

This is like North Korean or Chinese TV, completely trying to brainwash the audience and skip over the issue at hand with a brutal justice system, she would be still here tonight if he wasn't on bail and that's a FACT.

Advertisement