Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tonight Show - Virgin Media One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,397 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Cooper is supposed to keep his own personal opinions to himself and be impartial,

He'd be the first presenter of that show to do it. Vincent was no wallflower when it came to giving his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Cooper is supposed to keep his own personal opinions to himself and be impartial, something he has not done over the last few years whenever something about US politics is up for discussion.

None of the presenters have EVER shied away from giving their opinion on a given matter and they're entitled to one just like everyone else.

Personally, I prefer it that way, rather than a loaded question by a disingenuous actor, who pretends to be impartial on a given subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tony EH wrote: »
    None of the presenters have EVER shied away from giving their opinion on a given matter and they're entitled to one just like everyone else.

Personally, I prefer it that way, rather than a loaded question by a disingenuous actor, who pretends to be impartial on a given subject.

Its their job to be impartial, that what they are paid for.

Cooper spent the last 4 years nearly wetting his pants over Trump and the so called far right instead of doing his job in a professional impartial manner.

It's their job to question their guest in a robust manner and they do that.

I don't care if they air their own opinions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Tony EH wrote: »
    It's their job to question their guest in a robust manner and they do that.

I don't care if they air their own opinions.

They only do that when they do not agree with the person. Nice soft questions when they do.

• Advertisement

statesaver wrote: »
    They only do that when they do not agree with the person. Nice soft questions when they do.

Not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Clown from INMO advocating a complete ban on alcohol sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Just tuned in here. Who doing all that coughing in the background?

Ah!.....it’s Mark McSharry. Coughing away , no mask, great example to the rest of us?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Ah!.....it’s Mark McSharry. Coughing away , no mask, great example to the rest of us?:eek:

That clown..... are you surprised ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ciara talking to Senator Eileen Flynn tonight

Stephen Donnelly on explaining about his use of an emoji

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

He can’t answer any question properly, complete spoofer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

Icsics wrote: »
    He can’t answer any question properly, complete spoofer

Waffler

"We're letting the variants in and thankfully the Brazilian variant hasn't spread yet"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Good loser

I thought he did quite a good interview. Much better as a Minister than I thought he would be.
    The presenter was not impressive.

Anyone ever listen to Jo Coburn doing 'Politics Now' on BBC 2 Mon to Thurs.
    Must be by far the best interviewer in these islands, keeps the guests going at a serious pace. Highly intelligent and measured/insightful with her questions.
    Particularly good today (Tues).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Malcomex wrote: »
    Waffler

"We're letting the variants in and thankfully the Brazilian variant hasn't spread yet"
    The clowns can't see that there's actually 0 flights from Brazil coming in to Ireland, a trip to such complicated places as the Dublin Airport Wikipedia page will show you this, meanwhile 97.65% or thereabouts are coming in via Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The clowns can't see that there's actually 0 flights from Brazil coming in to Ireland, a trip to such complicated places as the Dublin Airport Wikipedia page will show you this, meanwhile 97.65% or thereabouts are coming in via Portugal.

Various radio shows were full of the same last week.

"Its time we stopped flights from South Africa and Brazil", despite the fact that no direct flights from these places actually land in Ireland.

Christ that Blindboy is insufferable :mad: Wah wah wah, my mental 'hilth'. :rolleyes:

he has little problems compared to many

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Christ that Blindboy is insufferable :mad: Wah wah wah, my mental 'hilth'. :rolleyes:

he has little problems compared to many

With a bag over his head, how does he expect anybody to take him seriously, a muppet of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Holly Cairns is too emotional. She almost starts crying every point she makes.

Very posh as well.

Very hard to understand how a social democrat TD can go out with a Fianna Fail TD..only way you could get into a relationship with someone with such differing views is if you just view politics as a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Heard her standing in for someone on Newstalk ages ago. Voice is horrible for radio. Doesn't seem to matter anymore. Anyway on The Tonight Show the Doherty woman (can't remember her first name) her voice is just as annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Kiera, aside from her accent is good at her job. She just needs to stop interrupting her guests. So does Matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Kiera, aside from her accent is good at her job. She just needs to stop interrupting her guests. So does Matt.

That's right Kiera. Quality broadcast voice not needed anymore unfortunately. It's not even the accent, it's just the tone of her voice. It grates on the ear.

I don't really watch The Tonight Show much.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Holly Cairns is too emotional. She almost starts crying every point she makes.

Very posh as well.

Very hard to understand how a social democrat TD can go out with a Fianna Fail TD..only way you could get into a relationship with someone with such differing views is if you just view politics as a job.

Jeez..... holly cairns has the answer to everything....... but no input where all the €€€€ is coming from

Just watching Regina Docherty & Holly Cairns there on the tonight show......... it's a bit like the ole dog v the young puppy

Just watching Regina Docherty & Holly Cairns there on the tonight show......... it's a bit like the ole dog v the young puppy

I think I heard Regina using the ‘mansplaining’ word to describe the opinion expressed by Tony Holohan about antigen tests.
    Whether you agree with Dr Holohan, or not, I don’t see what his gender has to do with it. Do women have to make a gender issue out of everything?
    If women insist on insulting men just because they are men at every opportunity, how can they demand respect from men?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

I thought Regina came off quite arrogant. Holly was crap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Good loser

I notice in England the nurses were offered 1% - and not as a covid compensation.

Our nurses are costing us too much already. How can people with less money pay them more?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,397 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

selassie wrote: »
    I thought Regina came off quite arrogant. Holly was crap though.

Holly was indeed awful. Caan't understand how FG pushing out a failed politician everywhere to rep for them is tolerated tbh. Very disrespectful to the public.

• Advertisement

Claire Brook taking over from Ciara

Advertisement