Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Almost 1 week of driving with mix of motorway under cruise control, back roads and silly sport mode bursts ... (Also heat enabled given recent cold weather)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Have you tried the pre-heating of the cabin yet with the car via the app? Did it work? Any heating issues at all infact?

Yeah I preheat with the app before morning departure. Car isn't warm but I have immediate heat when I start. I'm told the car has the heating fix installed but I still feel it's not 100% .. inconsistent behaviour with the auto settings so I've gone to manual override. Today i had it back in auto and it decided that no heat needed , windscreen steamed up within minutes. Will be discussing with dealer as I've read that some cars built before mid September need a new part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Father in law has had pick up of his EV6 delayed by three weeks as he is waiting for a part for the heater to be upgraded. I assume it's due to the issue you have mentioned. Part expected in in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Yep, my dealer advised that pre-Sept build requires the AC Inverter to be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

One hint my dealer was to use the Lane Following Assist rather than Lane Keep Assist. To activate, press the Lane Driving Assist button for a short rather than a long press, green steering wheel icon should be displayed on dashboard. Car will now keep centered between the two white lines on the road. Works very well.  

Post edited by ClassicRellic52 on

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

thanks for the reply. Any way to find out what the build date of the car is from the VIN number? Any other issues you have had with it since you picked it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭eltoastero

Do we get a years subscription to Ionity (to avail of the cheaper per kWh rate) along with our EV6 purchase?

Mine arrived this morning so I'm in the process of setting everything up, for the rare times I'd need to use an Ionity it would still be handy to benefit from 29c/kWH rate compared to the standard 79c/kWh rate.

I haven't found a VIN decoder yet (maybe it's clearly printed in car documentation ... need to check) . No other major issues to report. I had the feeling that tyre pressure was off/too high as I'm getting a bit of vibration at 120 on motorway : found another forum and users reporting the same : apparently goes away after 1000+ miles once the tyres settle in - so will keep an eye on them. I absolutetly love the car and don't regret my purchase. Coming from many Skoda models, I was looking at the Enyaq but wasn't a fan of the looks - the pricing put me off . ID4 was 'meh, not bad' but again not overwelmed. The EV6 is getting some attention and questions at charging stations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

There a bit more information on the AC invertor replacement stuff here: https://www.speakev.com/threads/heating-issue-inverter-update.164872/.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

Not sure how they look, apparently I'll have them by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ffocused

GT line velour mats for LHD.

all available accessories for EV6 are on the website.

https://accessoires-kia.be/ev6/protection/CV143ADE00GL/

Did a charge test at Ionity as I had hit 10% battery and was next to station.

After 2'30, I used 2.7kWh , speed @76kW - battery13%

After 7'49, 9.5kWh, speed @79kW - battery 21%

After 13'49, 21.6kWh, speed @198kW - battery 36%

After 18'52, 34.8kWh, speed @155kW - battery 51%

After 25'40, 50.2kWh, speed @137kW - battery 70%

Really hope they implement battery conditioning in their next software ... (winter mode was off)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The 200kW is brilliant but the really good one is the 137kW at 70%

That's pretty good lads, I can't get more than 50 Kw from ESB charger 150 Kw in my id.3 77 Kwh, really bad but it doesn't heat the battery for charging but heard that you have to plug in at 10% to get decent charging speeds that this is the only way to get decent charging speeds. Still very disappointing to say the least, Ionity gives me 60 Kw. But as it stands now there's no real benefit at all using 150 Kw ESB chargers or even ionity at these woeful charging speeds.

VW have said they will fix this in 2022, yeah, I'll believe it when I see it just lucky I got the 77 Kwh because the range is great, it's fairly efficient, coming home tonight from Grangecastle Dublin, 120 N7/M7/M9 to Casteldermot/Carlow turn off on M9 and 50-60 rest of the way home over 70 kms. Fast charging will be very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

That is not a pleasant read! I test drove the ev6 for a couple of hours when it first arrived in Ireland and noticed the demo earth model was not heating. It didn't seem that important at the time as there were too many settings for me to play with and heat was not that important(too busy being a child trying out the acceleration etc). I'm meant to be collecting our EV6 this Friday/Saturday... I don't have much luck when it comes to this sort of thing so a bit of trepidation going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

If you are just collecting I'd imagine the fix has been done. My father in law was told that Kia would not let the dealer release the car until the fix was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

hmm not sure about that, I collected mine last Wednesday, dealer said that he didn’t think my car needed the fix as it’s only vins lower than some number, anyway he said if it turns out that it’s needed they’re not expecting the parts for a few weeks and the car would need to be booked in. So seems to be different things being said. As it happens I’ve no issues with the heating in mine so far.

Post edited by v10 on

Hopefully you are correct... I was told that my car has been in Dublin since December and I was getting pissy with our dealer (I was originally told I could collect on 4th of January). He was putting the delay in delivery down to Covid, never mentioned a fix being done...

Ironically, the salesperson I bought the car from is off from work with Covid at the moment

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/L7hY7iOS_zQ

Good ole ev odyssey seems to have a couple of shorts on heating/pre-conditioning and software updates as well

Post edited by Onlyzeone on

Well that forum thread I linked to is seems fully of alarmists and angry British men pining for the days of empire or some such when they made cars and foreign cars stayed in foreign places. It seemed to have plenty of undirected guff once you get past the first few posts.

From what I can tell there are two issues, one is heating while driving, another is pre heating not charged in. Not sure if the hardware fix is for both. Should be straight forward to check the heating while driving when you go to collect.

Post edited by Manion on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice stats, have you access to the OBD port with software to check out the battery temps? In any case that is very good with (I assume) a cold battery

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

You can try increasing those charging speeds next time by "yo yo-ing ", that will warm up the battery some. Accelerate, then Regen , repeat.... For a few minutes on the way to the charger

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Anyone know if KIA have listed accessories for the EV6 yet? I can't find any details on KIA.ie

Kia.de has a full break down. I'd assume we would have access to anything listed there.

I don't have a dongle (yet .. on my list) .. I did a bit of 'yoyoing' before charging but not too much as my passenger is prone to car sickness 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 44 179club

Oh Oh. Getting mine Saturday15th.

These problems are not very good for a car costing €60343 before grant. Have Fiat had anything to do with these cars.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I don't fall into belief on that Yo Yo, I have a Tesla scanner and in Yo Yo'ing for the 5 minute motorway drive to my local Rapid there's barely any increase in Battery temp

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

Bjorn explains the charging temps on the EV6 at 9 minutes in

Edit: oh, turn off HVAC to not overheat the battery while charging

Advertisement