Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

This is crap. Beta Fett being a good samariton and forming good relationships with the sand people doesn't interest me in the slightest. He was better off back in the sarlacc's gut.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,822 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Well that went right over your little head didn't it.

🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This is why Star Wars fans can't have nice things

Find nothing wrong with this show so far , it's a slow burn that is moving through two timelines past and present for 30 years people have wondered what happened to Fett after falling in the Saarlacc pitt , flashbacks are showing this and how he got to the point we last saw him and Mando

and also progressing where we last saw him at the end of said show , also before Mando Fett has had 6 or so minutes of screen time and was always that looked cool , he's had no literally no characterisation at all till now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's a strange show. Very little dialogue, and the main plot about Fett trying to keep power doesn't interest me at all. I am enjoying the flashbacks though and it's compelling enough for me to stick with it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,748 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Episode 2 was a serious step up!

That whole section on the train loved it! I still find the whole two stories takes you out of things a bit....he doesn't half spend a lot of time in the bath healing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Using the term flashback was incorrect because there’s nothing flash about them. This whole episode seemed to be in his dreams.

I’m ok with flashbacks being used sparingly to explain why someone is doing something in the present. Shows like Arrow season 1 done it fantastically. You have the protagonist make decisions in the present and the “flashbacks” help explain their motivation.

I just think they are trying to tell stories in two timelines in parallel in large chunks and I’m far more interested in the present day timeline than spending more time in the desert with the tribes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Maybe someone can tell me if I’m wrong but the Tusken who is teaching him to fight looks female.

If this goes full on Avatar/Dances with Wolves then he will have a love interest in the tribe.

I don't think that's what's going to happen. Apparently the Sand People are hideous under all that wrapping. So hideous even a 60 year old fat bloke would pass on them. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Relikk

I would hope it doesn't go that far and that it's just a deep respect between two warriors, and maybe there's some tragic element to it where she dies and it's related to Bib Fortuna in some way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

now you aren’t even posting about the show

com on - spill the beans on how you have so much free time to spend decades hating Star Wars

It is flashbacks though even if it comes in dreams

I don’t what sparingly using flashbacks means. Arrow devoted a fair chunk of each episode to true flashbacks. It was neither excessive nor inadequate - it was t r amount they needed. It wasn’t used sparingly. It just used what was needed.

Same for Lost.

I don’t believe there was any part of the flashbacks so far that was unnecessary

you seem to think - which but do you think is too much?

I wasn’t expecting the show to explain what lead Fett to this point - as I assumed it was a lust for power and wealth so I was looking forward to gangster shenanigans and a lot of power plays and shoutouts

however once they started showing the Tusken culture and that Fett was adopted into the tribe (as someone aid earlier Dances with Tuskens - there are a lot of other old westerns with the whites join the natives - and I was hooked on that too.

She is definitely a women playing the role and the Tusken is female.

I wander if she was going to be a love interest but I open it is going to be friendship between warriors

she was awesome in the train attack

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

A bit boring, and a bit watchable so far.....

Science soap opera fiction maybe ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Everyone has opinions, it would not be as popular without the full spectrum of them! Ep 1 was a slower than I'd like burner but having watched back Mando Season 1 and 2, so was Mando S1E1. Ep 2 IMO was bloody brilliant. So much Lore with the Pykes, spice, Hutts etc and that Wookie Bounty Hunter I'd only heard of a while back (I read the books but not comics) looks positively badass. Speaking of badass the Tusken helping Boba is definitely a woman, I think its Joanna Bennett https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4131057/. Loved her scenes in general but especially the train. Overall I though the Episode was beautifully crafted, the soundtrack is amazing and teh Character Arcs are good, even the litte kid Tusken

Netflix created the recipe of bringing character in for their own spin off shows, like Luke Cage, Jessica Jones etc.. Disney's similar recipe for Star Wars is making it a great time to be a SW Fan (TROS long forgotten) Mando Season 2 brought Bo Katan, Ashoka, Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker! I don't care if its a slow burner if it gives us a fresh and deep access to the rest of the Galaxy!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with slow burners. In fact, I prefer a measured approach than whizz ping. But at some point there has to be...well...a point. And we're two episodes into this and there hasn't been one yet. That leaves just five episodes to go.

However, Ep.1 wasn't necessarily slow to me. It was just extremely flat and lacklustre. Ep.2 upped things a notch, but was still kinda mediocre. It's nice seeing the slice of life moments of Tatooine and all, but I'm still left wondering what the point of the show is. It seems to me that the raison d'etre of the show is merely to redeem Boba Fett so he isn't just the criminal scumbag he was in the OT. He's now the white saviour of some desert natives and a guy who wants to use Jabba's criminal organisation...ahem..."rule with respect". As if that's going to wipe out the fact that he worked for the space mafia and the space nazis and was famous for murdering his bounties. But as Star Wars has shown, redemption is extremely easy in this universe. Even if you've been party to murder and enslavement of billions (Hello Vader), it's still all cool in the end bro.

Perhaps the story will finally get going after all the redemption flashback stuff is done away with, who knows. But I think there's more flashback stuff to come. Something's going to happen to Boba's new found Sandpeople friends. Perhaps the Pykes will be back to fuck them all up. After all, they are a powerful crime syndicate (according to the web anyway), why the hell would they now pay a toll to a bunch of backward natives to run their drugs through the desert? In fact why the hell would they be using a train anyway, when there's spaceships in the Star Wars galaxy? But that's another story altogether. But something has to happen so that Fett is left wandering the desert for a few years, as that seems to be where he came in in 'The Mandalorian'.

But as far the "modern day" story in the show is concerned, it has been terribly anaemic so far. It's obvious that Fett is going to clash heads with the various criminal elements on Tatooine, the Pykes, the Mayor and the twins (while the hell did they leave it for 6 years to make a claim to Jabba's organisation????). But if they don't develop that quicker, it may end up just looking like a flash in the pan.

You thought Mandolorian started as a slow burn? I thought it went at full speed from the start. I wanted longer episodes.

Is this the first we’ve seen in live action of the Pykes? I think this is the first time they’ve showed us them with the masks.

That Wookiee looks like he wants to Jill someone. Anyone. I hope there is a fight between him and Fett or Shand or the bodyguards (Frank and Colin are the guys inside the suits) Or all of them. Obviously a Wookiee not someone they take on in fisticuffs but I hope any fight isn’t just gunplay.

Second episode was great. Tusken lady was amazing on the train.

I think Temura Morrison might take offence at being called a white saviour.

I don’t know where you get the idea that this is redeeming Boba Fett.

He was gun for hire in the movies. He worked for bad guys just like Han Solo. Just because he helped the Tuskens from getting kicked around doesn’t mean he is good or looking to save his soul.

If he was just all bad it would be fun but he wouldn’t be very interesting.

The idea of being respected in his rule of a criminal empire is sensible. If the people who work for him are worried he is going to kill them for a mistake then business will work away and his people will be happy and loyal. He will be more secure. It doesn’t mean he won’t punish when it is necessary.

The Pykes have no control on Tatooine. They just ship the spice in. The Twins were probably happy with Bob Fortuna running things - they might have been getting a cut. They came to twin because the money flow stopped. The Mayor was probably happy with Bib running things too - had his own businesses going - maybe he didn’t want the danger of sitting on that throne.

The Pykes use a train because Favereau wanted to do an old fashioned train robbery. That is the reason. Why did not give Luke a fake surname? Why have we never been told why Artoo keeps quiet about knowing Anakin? Why did they just ignore the incest? If you are expecting a lot of in depth details and definitive explanations you are going to be disappointed. Star Wars never does that.

The flashback is going to reveal Fett’s motivation for taking Jabba’s empire. Favereau wants to show the Tuskens more so that people care about them when the bad thing happens.

• Advertisement

You are assuming that Fett wanders the desert for years.

Maybe he lives with the Tuskens for years and before something goes wrong there. It may only be months or weeks that he is searching for his armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Episode 2 was fantastic. Much better.

I didn’t pay attention to the credits - for some reason I thought Robert Rodriguez directed this one.

However the director is some new to me. Steph Green.

She has directed episodes of Preacher, Luke Cage and The Americans.

I wonder the train sequence is something new to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Great episode. Love how they flesh out the culture and ways of the Tusken Raiders.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

It's been, easily, the best aspect of a fairly mediocre show so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I'm enjoying the show so far. However it may as well be the Mandalorian (not a bad thing), a show I also thoroughly enjoyed. Is there going to be another Mando season?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Relikk

Yes. Season 3 of The Mandalorian will be out sometime this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Advertisement

I’m sure it has started filming

I saw something a few weeks ago that they had been shooting going for a good while without Pascal

He was still working on Last of Us

I hope it wasn’t true because I had been hoping that Mando meeting Bo Katan would mean he would learn the helmet rule was not a Mando creed and that we’d see more of Pascal in action

If they are shorting with out him then it means most of Mando will be stunt doubles

Advertisement