Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Got call from dealer this morning, the missus' Executive will be ready for collection tomorrow. Unfortunately due to work commitments looks like Sat will be earliest we can take. (Had originally been told it would probably be next Tues and were planning on that)

But good news anyway..😊

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Collecting my own executive on Monday. Looking forward to it..they've tried to sell me their brand of paint protection 3 times now.Obviously a serious mark up on it for them. Going to get rear windows tinted the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

are people collecting cars from Dublin or all over Ireland, I still have no word from my dublin dealer, all he said was mid jan. Plus what do i need to ask in terms of paints, GAP insurance, etc ? Frustrated and confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

That's interesting, they are the only company that got back to me. They did a great job installing it. I'm lucky that the meter is around the corner from where I wanted to charger. They drilled a hole from the box to the fuse board, so there are no visible cables. And the switch is also around the corner, so overall from the front, it looks really neat.

That said, they didn't configure it properly. They installed the clamp to monitor overall house consumption, but didn't set it up. I didn't go back to them and ask, I contacted Andersen as I thought there was a bug in the app. They setup the clamp remotely in minutes. Overall quite happy.

The app is alright too. It's definitely not perfect, but does a nice job at scheduling the times the car should charge (2am-5am on the EV rate @ 4.54 cents for me). I plugged it in last night around 10pm. It worked perfectly - started charging at 2am and by 5am it had charged 19.7 kWh, so about 6.6 kW per hour. Total cost about 1 Euro :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Was just in with the dealer there and said there was no issue. I've work commitments so we've pushed collecting the car to next week. She's just waiting for her reg number

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

Nice job. As I said it may be a distance thing although they do say nation wide. Is your A2 unit connected to your fuse board or meter box. I am installing next to the meter box but understand the cable will come from the fuse board?

There should be no issue with SEAI grant, ours afaik was done weeks ago.

Another thing I notice, I see Hyundai are installing a larger than normal number plate holder. Ours will be the same, it's a sort of opening frame where they slip the plate in. Hate the look of it with the advertising bar, much prefer a normal plate without advertising bar but were told they have to use the larger holder. A normal plate follows the dark trim on front of car, this wrecks my ocd ☺️.

Car looks great btw..

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Interesting.

I just followed up with the dealer and he's saying there's still no word about SEAI grant approvals. Apparently there's an issue which no-one else seems to be having.

Almost about to start ringing around other dealers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

Depends on the meter box I believe, they need to fit in a mini fuse board. If there is enough space, it can come directly from the meter box. Here the mini fusebox they put into my meter box. You can see the clamp (going to the house) on the brown cable.

What's nice is that they put in a box that could accommodate a second 32A fuse for a second charger.

Ridiculous...sounds like a mess up on.thr dealers part. Has he given you a timeframe of how long it will take to resolve..days or weeks even

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

That is odd as my SEAI grant went in the second week of Dec according to the dealer. I remember now he rang to give me the Application ID as he thought I needed it to apply for the home charger grant

Nope.

Gone for a classic "it's out of our hands, I'll let you know when we know"

They're saying it's an issue with the system but it can't be the overall system because other people are getting their cars.

They've had this car since 19th December as well

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Word of advise on gap insurance, I checked the policy on my insurance and has new car replacement additional benefit.

But seems not to cover leasing or contract hire but dose seem to cover hire purchase agreement.

So no need for gap insurance then if already in your own policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Sorry for obvious question. Can’t seem to find confirmation but presume the car comes with a 3 pin charger too?

Yes, well there is one in the boot of ours, which we haven't yet got..

So it's no used if we go PCP?

Is this gap insurance via Hyundai or separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Not sure best thing to do is check with your own insurance first the term and conditions regarding new car replacement. No point in getting Gap insurance on top of that in my view (but I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time 😜).

Very frustrating.. they know the car is in short supply so they'll sell it regardless if you pull out or not. Surely they can tell you the precise "problem". Is it that they never applied for the grant until now I wonder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

That would be my guess.

I'm fairly sure my grant has already been applied for, and the car isn't even in the country yet.

Unless there's some sort of grant draw down process that needs more access or something....

I'm eagerly tracking Morning Lady as it approaches the suez canal, but I actually have no idea if my car is on that boat for sure. Lol

Yeah exactly - I don't really have a leg to stand on, just have to wait it out. Unless I stump up a bit more money for a Mach-E! But think I'll just wait...

More frustrated that there's no time frame

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

Thanks - very expensive all in with the pedestal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Simon King

Post edited by Simon King on

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

I think I saw your EV charger posted on their Instagram page.

How much did the Andersen and the installation cost if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Unique-1

I’ve been reading this forum for a few months and it’s been very helpful,especially having prior knowledge about the missing spec on the executive plus which is what we bought so I thought I’d contribute as we’ve had the car now a couple of days so a few initial thoughts.

99% happy with the car but just a few small first world complaints and 1 huge one.

We went for white as we thought the black trim looked great with it.58kw

Car looks great and have had loads of compliments and rubber necking in traffic which,let’s be honest,is what you want with a new car.A lot of people saying it looks really futuristic.

You do get both types of chargers.If using the granny charger you’ll need to press and hold the button on it until the number starts flashing and then change it from 6 up to 10 to get the maximum speed charging on it.

I can confirm that the executive plus seats look awful in any photographs but do genuinely look good in the flesh.They do sound and feel a little foamy but having had leather seats in my last 2 cars I actually find these very comfy.The headrest and arm rest is leather and the chair seems to form well around me.The heated seats are almost too good!

The car itself seems a lot noisier then my Nissan Leaf,not just because it has larger tyres,but the electric motor noise is more obvious.Maybe that can be lowered.

I was disappointed that the car doesn’t have wireless Apple CarPlay.This is now gonna be Hyundais flagship electric car and other cheaper cars in the Hyundai range have it so it baffles me why this car of the future doesn’t have it.Especially as it has a wireless charging pad in the console which I’ll now never be able to use as I have to plug my phone into a usb socket to get the Apple CarPlay or android auto.I’d prefer to have no wires cluttering up the car.

The car has 5 USB ports but the CarPlay only works with the centre one beside the cigarette lighter so you can’t even hide the cable out of the way…Hopefully they can fix this with an update.

The assisted driving is crazy,on the motorway when taking a slip road or a long bend it will literally drive the car for you to the point where you could take your hands off the wheel! Yes I was crazy enough to try this and a warning message comes up to tell you to put your hands back on the wheel!

Overall I found all the driving aids too annoying,it’s like someone constantly nudging you,and the steering wheel constantly resisting your own movements.It could be handy for long drives but I prefer the old fashioned way of keeping alert with my eyes open and driving the car myself so I switched them all off.

The biggest issue I have is the lack of a rear wiper!…This sales pitch about the air clearing the window is pure nonsense.It’s been a rainy couple of days and I could barely see a thing out the back ,especially on the motorway,it makes it very irritating to drive as it has to be driven like a van when it’s wet.It does look great and streamlined without a wiper but surely they could make a body coloured flat wiper that would also blend into the car.

As I said at the start I’m 99% happy with the car other then the small first world problem stuff and the lack of a rear wiper.It looks amazing,it drives well,has amazing acceleration,the software is good,all buttons,dials doors feel solid,the seats are comfy,loads of space.It is a great car…..but I’ll bet you €100 the next one has a rear wiper.

**Update,I had great intentions of using the “frunk” to store my cables as I get use out of both of them but after a day I gave up.It’s just too much hassle to open the car door,pull the bonnet handle and then fumble with the bonnet release.Much easier to just stick them in the spot under the flap in the boot.

To get the best use out of the “frunk” it would have to be one button opening like the boot.

Post edited by Unique-1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

I think there is no rear wiper on the Ioniq for aerodynamic reasons, I read somewhere it disrupts the airflow over the rear of the car. Kia EV6 is the same. You could always treat the rear glass with some water repellent which I will be doing on the EV6 when it arrives : https://www.halfords.ie/motoring/screenwash-de-icer/rain-x-rain-repellent-200ml-108282.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭denismc

The original Ioniq doesn't have a rear wiper either, I never thought of it as much of an issue until the reversing camera gets dirty.

Good idea,I’ll give it a go.Id much prefer to simply wipe the dirt and water away though with the flick of a handle on the steering wheel.I wouldn’t believe the aerodynamic excuse,they could make an aerodynamic wiper if they wanted.Like I said it looks good without it but every car needs a rear wiper.

• Advertisement

So do you just have the rear view camera on all the time taking over your infotainment screen?

Advertisement