Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

To those of you that have collected your new cars - any issues with getting your current insurer to cover the car?

I’m just after working to get a quote but I can only pick Ioniq and no option for Ioniq 5 even in the trim selection. Reg number doesn’t come up yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

if you plan on keeping the car for a few years you'll be glad to have the bigger battery as it will loose some battery capacity over time.

I had to ring them up directly think was 70/80 euro more on top of my current policy.

I'll shop around again when it up in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭denismc

I think Axa allows you to choose your Ioniq 5 spec from a drop down menu even though it doesn't recognise the reg.

I got a pretty good quote from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭eagerv

My wife tried to change yesterday on line with Aviva, but as mentioned above the car was not included yet. had to wait about 20 mins for call to be answered and got through to a very pleasant lady from India who called out about 50 different names for different specced Ioniqs worldwide! I think the last one was Executive 58kWh..😊

No price increase over her previous Ioniq 28kWh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Anybody know what the availability is like for the 58kwh model ?

I’ve a ID4 city ordered since July and tbh my misses is getting feed up waiting and the constant delays. They are blaming semi conductors but yet fulfilling orders for the bigger battery ( more profit) versions.

the 58 KWh version is about €5k more than the ID4 but at this stage I might just take the hit.

Post edited by ted1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Quite a few Ioniq 5 on carzone, but haven't looked at specific models.

I bet if you ring round you'd find one.

I do remember when I was changing my mind and trying to get a 73 premium or premium plus there were more of those about than the 58s (back in Nov).

But I reckon you'd find one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Always go for the biggest battery you can afford, it will degrade over time and short Winter trips wipe out efficiency, also impacts resale value

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Is there a setting to get the car to lock after you walk away? Last car had it, and I’m still in that routine so already the app has reminded me car hasn’t been locked a few times .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,947 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Disagree , go for the biggest battery you need 95 percent of the time, if the vast majority of your trips are local buying a bigger battery is a waste. If not then get a bigger battery.

Most of them have buffers now as well so degradation won't be an issue in the short to medium term.

• Advertisement

I thought they cancelled all orders for smaller battery version?

I had an ID4 order supposed to be of August delivery but when sept came around they said they didn't know when.

Got my deposit back. Ring Hyundai dealers out the country and see if they have 58kwh maybe less demand and dealers will get an allocation.

Post edited by podge1979 on

No, the order is still in the system was meant to be in September but got pushed out. At the start of December it had a build date of 15 December. Which was missed.

I see some people got a delivery with the smaller battery this month.

if I hadn’t got such a cracking deal I’d probably have cancelled earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

My 73 kWh seems to be getting about 380 km to a full charge. That’s with heating and motorway driving.

Tends to go up a tad when driving in town. I’m hoping that will get to over 400 in the summer, maybe 420-430 without the heater on but that might just be wishful thinking.

I did try our the IONITY chargers - just to see. Worked perfectly but I didn’t manage to get it more than 90 kW.

That said I did charge it to 100% last night from about 25%. The charger app tells me that cost 5 Euro! 😇

I wouldn’t agree. Take the ID4, there’s 14k+ difference between two battery sizes.

is it worth paying €14k for 25kW. When the smaller range suits your needs.

at resell I think the gap will be less than 14k.

Are you doing a trade in, they kept dropping the value of my trade in too.

I was doing a scrappage and getting a generous 3k for an 06 Touran but the timing chain snapped. They are giving me a deal. But not the original 3k I would have got had the car being delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

You are talking about the EV home charger grant?

I recently applied and got approved. I don't have the car or any of it's details. I just filled in the online form and it was approved in 2 working days via email. The approval email has the letter of approval and the request form attached together.

However looking at the payment request form that was attached it looks like it needs a copy of log book, picture of vehicle of reg plate. So does that mean I have to have the car before I get the grant money if I go ahead with my installation? Anyone knows how the grant process work?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

You obviously not only have to have the car so you can take a photo of the reg plate on the car but you also have the log book, which has to come from the Dept of Transport at Shannon so you can scan it and print off the scan to send. The money goes direct to your bank and normally only takes a few days once they receive your documents according to people who applied before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭denismc

Yes, you can start work on the installation once you have received approval from the SEAI, but to receive the grant you will have have taken ownership of the car.

From what I remember the grant arrived into my account a few weeks after I sent away my paperwork, it may be faster these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭grennscreener

Had my 58Kw Exec Plus since Friday, loving it I have to say.

I did have one concern though, twice now since I got it the driver assitants have all flashed up an orange warning light. Anyone else had that happen to them, in both cases the warnings went away without me doing anything after a few minutes.

Was just wondering was anyone else seeing similar? have we established what the latest software version is? I aksed the dealer but he hadn't a clue and I wasn't hanging around while he pretended to investigate (he was up to his eyeballs doing hand overs).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭eagerv

We have also had it once on our new car (New yesterday), also happened a few times previously on our other cars. I reckon it's the new wax and paint treatment on the sensors and cameras. The beading on our new i5 is spectacular..😊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Has the specification on Premium changed since launch?

On Hyundai site, auto opening door handles are now only on Premium Plus 73kw model.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭grennscreener

that it is, getting to appreciate that a lot in the first two days of ownership 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

I posted this on 29th Dec ( see 49) Dealer informed me on 25th. Spec changed on Hyundai site since Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Unfortunately so, seems to be due to chip shortages

Yes it's absolutely worth it if you can stretch to the larger battery, the 77 Kw id.3 has made a considerable difference to my EV experience. Sure I could have lived with the 58 Kwh but when I need the range I have it, I'm not looking for it and it means less times on a fast charger and a lot more range in places with poor infrastructure which is a lot of places in Ireland.

all we generally do is daily school runs, shops etc , or a spin to our holiday house in Wexford. All within the range of the small battery. Spending €14k is not about stretching a budget. It’s about spending money unnecessary I could pick up an ID3 on a PCP aswell as the ID4 with that 14k

if we do an occasional trip to Galway , Donegal etc I’m fine with stopping to charge it’d be very rare

We plan to change it in 3 years, maybe then we might go bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

When you had the Rex you seem to do longer trip frequently enough. Hence the Rex. Is that still the case. I'm wondering for myself vast majority of our trips are short. Its only holidays we do a longer trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Ask yourself is it worth 5k to not have to stop for an hour and charge 4 times a year.

For me it is not worth 5k so I bought the 58kw. If I was going down to Kerry once a month I'd have got the 73kw. But I go maybe twice over to westcoast a year. Hence stopping 4 times.

Save the 5k and upgrade the 2nd car.

• Advertisement

The Rex was ultimate freedom, still is, you really do not have to stop to charge if you don't want to. Just fill the small tank with petrol in 8 seconds, pay and off you go again for around another 90-110 Kms.

But, the 77 Kwh id3 has completely changed my EV experience like you'll never know because now I can travel much more on EV alone having 50 Kwh more battery than the i3.

In December I drove from Grangecastle Dublin, had 95% charge, drove to Carlow picked up Family and drove to Galway and had almost 40% battery left, amazing, if I had left with 100% charge would have only used around half the battery charge to travel around 270 Kms.

So, it's safe to say I will be doing a lot of long trips in this car, the only thing VW need to do is improve fast charging speeds which they said they will do this year. Other than that, absolutely love having the extra range because it's better to have it than want it and better to be able to pass more chargers risking more queuing, I would give up gadgets in the car for more range.

Advertisement