Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cork ain’t safe from @Sephiroth_dude 😂😂👍

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting here listening to the Mutt snoring.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just back home after meeting a friend in town for late lunch. Town was very busy and I felt a bit stressed with the crowds on Henry Street.

Tummy is much better today but I have a headache and as I was in a chemist getting some tablets - I also bought four Covid Antigen test kits.

Just did the test here at home and awaiting the results. Fingers crossed! 🤞🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch....watching the match.....like a beached whale.......I went out to the kitchen to make a coffee and I picked up a pear out there as well......I came back into the couch with the coffee and a packet of dairy milk chocolates in my hand.....no sign of the pear...honestly, the body is now programmed to eat chocolate.....

Need to lose about 4 stone in the next few months...but not this evening lol lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

And the test result is negative....phew!! 😁👍👍👍

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off to work fiddle dee dee

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grr this time of year 😡 mentally very tough on many, again this year a few of us are supporting a mate who is struggling.. Every year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Well Hello all! Dropped in to Boards to once again try and delete my account as I really really want to but I could be tempted not to! The poor place is sick and.speaking of sick, we are all Covid ridden here. I got it at a work gig just before Christmas. Ms G followed up a few days later and Mrs G another few days after. I'm out of isolation, Ms G is done by Wednesday, but Mrs G is the worst of us so far. Mad stuff this Omicron version. Really hard to avoid if you are in a crowd for a while. Anyway we will soldier on. Happy New Year lads!

Good to see you G, miss you round the place. Speedy recovery to Mrs G

• Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@Grandeeod great to hear from you!

Very sorry to hear that ye have the virus but delighted to hear you are working in these restrictions.

I remember like it was only a few weeks ago your Christmas gig last year and people touting the restrictions. So hard to believe that's a YEAR ago.

I hope the 3 of you are on the road to better health.

For me, this year feels like a blur. On NYE, I started to reflect on the year past and I couldn't actually remember much of what I had done!

I think we all remember 2020 and the novelty of the first restriction, the 2km limit and fabulous weather where we all thought we won the lotto sitting out sunbathing.

2021 then, the novelty was over. It was just ducking and diving trying to avoid the virus and again more cancelled plans and missed events.

I hope and pray that the new year will bring a complete 180° change to all our lives.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

That brought me back! A crazy time. I had to take bigger risks over the last few months for work reasons and it all finally caught up. Got it, but mainly due to others not giving a fook. Mild enough for me and Ms G. However Mrs G has it worse and is still suffering. Cough and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@Gremlinertia , try make sure it doesn't take its toll on you too in the midst of it .

@Purple Mountain well said and so true .

@Grandeeod , great to see your name pop up again ☺ Hope Mrs G starts to recover soon from it without any major issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭thomil

Good to see you around the place again, @Grandeeod 😀 Hope Mrs G gets bets better soon, I think the entire AH crew is keeping fingers crossed for that!

Deskside here, just coming out of a MAJOR downer period over the last couple of days. It's weird, when this whole sh*t show started, I felt like I was one of those best suited to handle it, given that between the loss of my parents, my apartment, the loss of my job and a rather bumpy start in a new one, I was used to operating in a "crisis management" state of mind. But now, I just want this whole rigamarole to be over, one way or another!

Anyway, enough ranting, it's a new year, let's try to make the best of it. Oh, and whoever is playing "Plague Inc", please STOP!!!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

@thomil I don't think any human is wired to deal with the last 2 years.

We are social creatures, we need human interaction.

Even the most casual of interactions are part of our culture. You'd be afraid to linger too long making small talk with cashier staff now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Great to hear from you @Grandeeod it's a stressful time for all the household I'm sure, take care of you and yours. As for ourselves we've had a lovely all be it quiet new year, great walks out in our locality here, lovely food and treats of nice wine and beer that we treated ourselves to for the times we're in, got a delivery to our door yesterday of a pack of six books from a family member who knows how much we enjoy reading, people are so good.

Lying in bed here listening to a torrential shower , can't sleep anyway as I've a serious case of the Glenroes due to going back to work on Tuesday, I'm going to have to sort this out as I can't start the year off like this. PLEEEEASE Lotto Gods, look after Duvet soon.🙁

Oof post time off glenroes are the worst.

They really are Grem, that's one of the reasons I never take long holidays, never more than a week but usually just prefer a long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I know I’m not going anywhere for at least three hours, since my flight to Dublin is officially delayed by about 2 hours, meaning it’s probably going to be more than that. Any Boardsies stuck at JFK gate B28, waiting for DL44: 🍺?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

Feck, wouldn't mind a beer now 🤣

Thunder here now,I'd love a beer too.

Ooh thunder, all sorts coming at us next few days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thunder and hail out my way as well, mmmm beer 🤤.

Bedside sleepy.

It's a long night. Over the worst for now with friend at least. Tae is in order I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Coalface is calling me 😂😂 How can it be Monday already 😂

@Grandeeod sorry to hear about your health issues, now just waiting for you to tell us that MrsG is over it.

Productive morning, coffee with himself, barber shop for a cut and shave, picked up a birthday cake for a party tomorrow, waiting on the delivery of a new washing machine, and have a PCR test in an hour. Needless to say, fun time is over, back to work tomorrow.

Just getting home, feet walked off myself overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Coffee with a view after a gym session. Gotta pick up a few things in Tesco and then I'll make a big sausage, bacon and veggie stew when I get home. The Glenroes will probably kick in at some time this evening though.

Advertisement