Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW22 Transfer Thread

• 01-01-2022 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭

Might aswell start it early.

James -> Robertson

Rubber stamped.

Double Liverpool defence is back baby!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Lots of time for thinking this time. Robertson has been in great form after his slow start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭macraignil

Might free hit if it is announced to be a good double game week so any transfer will not count long term anyway. Also had considered bringing in De Bruyne but not convinced now after the display against Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have 2 FT due to complete incompetence of missing the deadline today.

No firm plans yet ...the whole squad is potentially on the chopping block

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Same boat

Also missed a few other deadlines and then had to use a FH when I had 2 FT's which was annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

A lot of time so won't committing to any transfer yet...some teams have 3 games during the "winter break" and others have 1 while a lot of time to pick up Covid19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Pretty sure the answer is not the one I want, but if you have 2 transfers and you use the FH, the following week are you back to 1 transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Thought so. A tad unfair imo but maybe I'm biased!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Trying to undo an accidental Wildcard (was supposed to be a free hit).

Of the players I'm now stuck with. I don't want at least 50% of them.

My collection of gems include Coufal, Gray and DCL...

Some of the other players I'm left with aren't too bad I suppose but I'm already starting to miss Gallagher, TAA, Dias and Rudiger all of whom I'd like back. I'd like Martinelli back too.

Lots of time to mull it over but probably don't have the funds (even with a -12) as I bought all those guys much cheaper than I sold them.

I don't think it's a season killer but it's a definite handicap and could cost me some leagues. Or then again I could get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The Everton boys are ok as they have another Double coming up.

Id keep DCL anyway. Gray could easily go to Martinelli but for now Gray might be the preferred option - Martinelli might feature in League Cup fixtures too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No idea who to get for Salah as I’ve already got Son.

KDB?

Sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

Gray and DCL I’d have picked on a wildcard anyway this week tbh. You can’t be too badly off if they are the worst!

TAA is the main issue but if you’ve money in the bank will be grand.

No rush on Rudiger, they’ve a couple of blanks coming up and not looking as good defensively anyway at the moment. Also will be missing Mendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Salah to KDB/Son ? Not much between them other than price driving me to Son. Any thoughts. Salah and Son going down/ up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its a tough call. Presuming you are doing it for 2 GWs and then getting Salah back? KdB has Chelsea and Soton, Son has Arsenal and Chelsea so KdB the better fixtures in playing Soton. But Son is guaranteed minutes compared to KdB.

I would say Son becasue it is almost certain that he gets a double GW in 22. Spurs had three postponed games v Leicester, Burnley and Brighton so one of them should slot into DGW22. So you should get 3 games off Son but only 2 off KdB before you go back to Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Thanks for the replies. Haven't logged into the FF or here since. In the cold light of day, while there are players I've accidently sold it could have been a lot worse . I'm even less of a fan of Everton now though after their last game. I forgot to include Keane to the list above. Him and Coufal in my defence can take a walk soon. Like I said I haven't logged into the FF since to even begin devising a money strategy for TAA but of course it will be possible some way. I'm not going looking at it again for another week yet though.

Also, while I sold Dias I had got Laporte in to free up funds so still have the double city defence option at times that has served me well so far.

Post edited by Dubh Geannain on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Another week of keeping an eye on Liverpool cases.

I know it's a couple weeks away yet to GW22, but there is some talk that there are further cases again within the players/staff. The goalkeeping department is one being mentioned at the moment.

The league cup game is in doubt but no postponement request yet.

Spurs reported to have another possible few cases

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If we get the number of doubles that Ben Crellin is guessing, I'll probably Free Hit.

No transfers for a week or so anyway until we see where DGW/Covid lands

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

UEFA have announced that PL games are allowed to be rearranged for during European timeslots now too. Not sure how much that throws out his predictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Liverpool have formally requested a postponement of the Carabao Cup game on Thursday. You would have to imagine the games will be delayed by a week each which means the 2nd leg will be the midweek of GW22 ie: no Arsenal or Liverpool double.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

GW22 for the FH really doesn't look that appealing.

Chelsea have City and Brighton and at this stage wouldn't be confident of them beating Brighton.

Spurs have Arsenal and Leicester, they were dreadful last night.

Man United have Villa and Brentford and are in dire straits.

Leicester have Burnley & Spurs, again wouldn't be overly confident.

Burnley v Leicester & Watford, meh not sure I'd look at anyone.

Watford v Newcastle & Burnley, Dennis defo interests me here.

Brentford v Liverpool and MU, their players are hardly firing.

Feels like the FH will be a bit of a minefield and not sure if there is too much points to be got unless you get extremely lucky. I've 3 West Ham already who could do a number on Leeds but they might not make the FH team. Interesting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Countinho meant to be coming into Villa. Depending on price I’ll be very interested, after United they have a great run of fixtures until GW30 and have Leeds and Burnley to be rescheduled.

Pricing will be key but at 7.5 I’d be very, very interested

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

If he can be around the Bilva price point I'd be interested, an easy swap also. We need someone in that bracket above the Saka, Raphina, Gallagher etc price point but a bit below Son's price. Actually not much options in that bracket.

yeah its not that attractive of a DGW for a free hit. The other side of the coin though is a lot of people still have all their chips, probably 5 of them. Assuming using chips in a double gameweek is the best strategy not using one for 22 could end up forcing you to later use one or even two of them in a single gameweek. AFAIK there is another double in 36 and a blank gameweek somewhere as well to use the second free hit chip. Must try to see how many other doubles we can expect but between them and the blank its probably unlikely to be 5 to match each chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I still have all 5 so quite disappointed with how the FH has fallen.

Feel forced into using the FH which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just not sure if it's actually the best strategy but as you say, may not be other times to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have all my chips as well and also magically have 2 FT after missing the deadline last time out.

I'm actually not too badly set as it stands so I'll probably hang on to FH for another time...with all the chaos atm I'm guessing there'll be plenty of opportunities to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Man i wish i had your patience i've been playing this game since Henry was in it and have never kept my chips beyond christmas !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Advertisement