Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW22 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Only have two DGW players as it stands - Dennis and DDG. I do have a bench that should play so I’m half tempted to just use the BB just to get it used.

That would mean:

WC when I need it (without needing to buy bench players), potentially before the DGW

FH2 for BGW

TC for DGW - I’m specifically thinking about Liverpool’s game with Leeds and using it on Salah that week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Currently have 4 DGW players (DeGea, Dennis, King & Son).

I definitely won’t be free hitting as the only other players I’d want are Maddison & Kane.

I have 2 Liverpool players & the plan was to bring in Robertson. I still might stick to this. However it would mean difficulty in a route back to Salah who I’ll definitely want for my TC in a few GW’s.

I have 3 WHU who play Leeds - so happy there. I’ll probably still play Dias over Johnson though.

My other players are Foden, Sterling & Livramento.

I’d currently have one of those City players on the bench (Foden).

My options would be James to Robertson or a DGW player like Lowton/Emerson and not use a hit.

Or I could use a hit & get two of these by replacing Livramento aswell and then benching Dias.

2 City players on the bench at home seems crazy :)

Foden has covid as well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah but it should be cleared up by the next PL fixture as he got it around the end of December. I think Im going to hold him for now but he has been a frustrating own. There is a monster haul on the way somewhere with him but his missed games were all chances to do it.

Coutinho to Villa seems to be confirmed. Havent been following him but I think he has become a bit injury prone in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He missed the game on New Year's Day with COVID, he should be good for the 15th January.

He might actually be needed to play anyways as City will be down a few players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭scotchy

Possibly makes Leicester players slightly more attractive for the DGW??

edit. Maddison still yellow flagged😣

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

This is grim.

Hands up who already transferred in Son as the Salah replacement

That’s very bad luck for Son owners

• Advertisement

Can't even see an outstanding replacement for Son at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've got both Salah and Son to get rid of. No idea who to get in for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭shmeee

Anyone doing transfers now is silly TBH even with price changes it ain't worth the risk . Son also in doubt now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Plays for Burnley, very under the radar player

Do all the planning you want but luck is a massive part to it!

First Liverpool, then Dennis & now Son.

I might just be free hitting after all or il -8 Kane, Maddison & Emerson in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭shmeee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Of course I had brought in Son for Salah (last GW) but still have a FT to play with. Who is most likely to fill the Son gap for Spurs? I assume Moura is nailed on, and any two of Alli/Lo Celso and perhaps Gil?

Like others, I cannot identify a clear replacement for Son. Sema with Sarr injured and Watford's easier double GW?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I was trying to find room for Bowen so Son injury frees that up.

I had planned on keeping Salah but might bring in Coutinho for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

If Daka is injured then Harvey Barnes could be up front for Leicester. Vardy out for 8 weeks and Nacho off to AFCON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Son injury makes me even more likely to free hit, could get him out for DGW22 and then hope he is back for 23 which is not until 23rd Jan for him. The deadline isnt until next Friday so we should have more info on his injury by then. Have been burnt by a Son 'injury' before so wont be doing anything till the last minute. Itll also give time to see if Maddison makes it back for the DGW

Very good but I wouldn’t be touching him. Zero form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭munster87

You could say that of a lot of Burnley! Only ones I’d consider are Wood and Lowton but will almost certainly go without.

Anyone got any real insight into Coutinho’s current form (over the last year or so)?

Looks like he’ll be added at 6.5/7mil

That would make him seriously appealing

FH Team:

DDG (Bachmann)

TAA Lowton Emerson (Cucarella Johnson)

Bruno Mount Tielemans McAllister (Gray)

Ronaldo Kane (c) King

——-

Current team

DdG (Martinez)

TAA Dias 7.0m (Johnson Livramento)

Sterling Foden Bowen Jota (Son)

Antonio King Dennis

Captain - no idea

With Dennis & Son doubts I decided to put a FH team on paper. The FH team is fairly punty but I think it’s the time to be punty with Salah out & City/Chelsea playing each other.

Captaincy will be big & I don’t think I have a strong one in my current team.

Lots to consider between now & next week. What do people think of both teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭macraignil

That free hit team is very dependent on how three big hitters in Fernandes, Kane and Ronaldo perform over the double game week. The versions I have looked at so far for my free hit team do not allow for this number of premiums. I reckon the FA cup and midweek games will tell a lot about who is in form for the double. Not sure who your third defender is in your normal team but I also have the issue with having a difficult captain decision now that Son has been ruled out as injured and it is making me go back to the idea of playing the free hit since my own team is not looking good for the double week. Leicester have a load of defenders flagged so think it may be useful to bring in attacking players from Spurs but not sure who to bring in from Burnley with Cornet gone to play in AFCON.

Yes the captaincy is a big one I think as it could easily be the 20 point differential.

Kane has a great record against Arsenal & Leicester so makes a worthy captaincy shout.

I know United have been very poor but I think it’s fair to gamble on Ronaldo & a mid over 2 games as they can produce.

Id of gone Cornet myself but steering now & looking at MaC Allister who seems to be coming into a bit of form & has 2 Home games.

I will keep a close eye on FA Cup this week & im starting to talk myself into making the punt

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Those double fixtures have me a bit deflated. Patiently held onto both free hits with a view to using it this week but the fixtures just don’t look good. I’m sorry now I didn’t play my first one a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

The last 18 months have mainly been on the injury table.

Prior to that, he actually had a good return for Bayern Munich. Combined 20 & A in 34 games in the league & CL. Not all starts either.

Advertisement