Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Nov 1st with the adverts embargo lifted up un til the w/e of the LLTS & Christmas FM launch is peak build up for me with this coming w/e the pinnacle. After that I head into 3 weeks of work madness that means I'll barely have time to look up never mind look around and take it all in.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

At least you can mentally prepare yourself for it and it doesn't come out of the blue. Small consolation I know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So November stat's are in, after a BUMPER November last year it's no surprise we are well behind this year. 1,577 post behind to be exact. YTD we are 1,302 posts ahead of 2020. However we require 1,406 posts in December to beat 2020. It's do-able we've averaged around 1800 posts for December over the past 4 years.

• Advertisement

Definitely do-able.

With the change over, downtime and cr@ppy new site, we have soldiered on would be great to match last years effort.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Stats maybe incoming tomorrow…..

Could be anything!! I haven’t had the usual sneak peeks.

Need to blitz this baby for the next 2 hours!

The posts have been counted and verified.....

December 2021 came in 153 posts behind November 2021 and 1,287 posts behind December 2020 which did has tournaments running that years.

• Advertisement

Despite that we somehow ended up 15 posts ahead of last year. Creating a new recording breaking year for posts. Unbelievable considering we were offline for 8 days in July and have lost regular posters and dropper bys since the migration.

We topped 2020!!? Wow!

Wednesday was our busiest day of the week for posting... in a close second Tuesday was the second busiest day for posting. Only 46 posts behind.

Saturday was the quietest day of the week for us once again to no surprise. So it seems we are hump day posters here.

It is important to note we ran constant tournaments from Sept-2020 to Mar-2021. So Jan-Mar 2021 will be hard to beat in 2022. All other months should be beatable if there's appetite for it. We will kick off a tournament this month and it is a big one.

Yep by 15 posts. The final blitz worked haha.

Jan-Mar were run away successes. Jan-Feb 2021 were busier than November and November is traditionally the busiest month of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Amazing let’s do this 2022

I hope to stick around more this year, this Christmas crept up on me so quickly

As we said last year and hopefully we won’t be saying this next year but if post count drops we’re hoping it’s cause covid has fecked off and we can have a normal Christmas season 2022.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have no problem posting less because I'm sitting by a pool somewhere sipping cocktails. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

• Advertisement

Apologies I haven't been around on here much to contribute the last few days.

That is a great effort and testament to the communicate you all have created that is continues to grow even with all the challenges.

Here's to a even better 2022, more posts or not.

Well said TRS, you're spot on to me it's not about the posts, it's all about the chats and the craic in here.

I swear this place keep me sane!

No matter what happens today we have locked in the 2nd biggest January on record for this forum.

The more I look at the stats from last year the worse they read, we has the worst November on record (records only go back to 2017) a mnoth where we traiditonally used to get our lion share of posts. It seems the new layout/boards has killed passing trade as such.

Alot of people didn't stick with the changeover and alot of new people can't find us. Everyone knows I find the stats interesting and this is a telling sign of a poor migration to a "new" platform. It's not just us I know of many other forums experiencing the same, must be stark reading for the CEO.

For me it's never about the number I'm happier now with the community we have now than we did during our peak. It's just interesting where we are now versus before.

I think the migration has fundamentally affected boards as a whole & it will in all likelihood never be the same again, however for all the drop offs etc we in here probably survived better than most given the vast majority of regulars are still here ( I know we lost one or 2 sadly, but in comparison to some of the other forums that's a win)

And like Loughc as much as I love stats, this forum is more than just numbers.

Firstly, brilliant to hear January has been such a great month. The game has been another rip roaring success.

Interesting thoughts above Loughc and ones I would agree with. Stats are great however only really tell part of the picture, certainly in something like this forum. While having more people posting and a mix of regulars and casual drop ins, is great, the volume of posts is only one metric when it comes to judging the success of the forum. I for one come to chat to like mined people about Christmas and whatever else comes up. We are like an online community who learn on and support each other and is a great place to come and get away from the at times, day to day slog of real life.

I suspect that even if there was only a couple of us left posting to pretty much each other, the forum would still keep going. The spirit of Christmas will never die!

Janaury is in the bag with a post total any other year would have been off the charts but we were smack bang in the middle of lockdown in 2021 so we ended up 1,099 posts behind last year.

Jan 22 was still 191 posts ahead of the next busiest Janaury (2018)

A good start to the year.

This year seemed lively enough in here, mad to be 1100 posts behind last year, that's c.36 posts a day!!

• Advertisement

That’s the power of lockdown!

Advertisement