Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Well you are wrong because Pentecost is a casual fan/viewer and enjoyed it.

Nothing this episode that would bewilder someone unfamiliar with Star Wars.

Criminals in outer space. No connections to the larger Star Wars galaxy that are vital to know.

Mandolorian brought in new fans and that had connections like talk of the war, Republic and the white armoured soldiers running about.

nothing In The new series at all that is fan only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I'll have to rewatch but nothing struck me as cheap, production values looked on a similar level to Mando.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Thought it was very similar to the feel of the Mandalorian, the music they put on the end credits felt wrong though. Can't put my finger on why, it just was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

I reckon the group who assaulted the moisture farmer and who sprayed their tag on the wall work as heavies for the mayor. They definitely set them up as being a problem to be solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm really hoping it's just my parents' tv. Like I said, say what you want about Disney but they don't do anything on the cheap. E2 will tell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought it was a decent opener. At the very least, more than one starring character whose faces we can see, talk to each other and have rapport gives it an advantage in many respects over The Mandalorian.

It was a decent, if unremarkable, opening episode, but I think it has promise. The toll everything seems to have taken on Fett's body is interesting at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Much weaker than EP1 of Mando, which was great and ended on a huge cliff hanger.

It didn't add much to the bib fortuna scene with got at the end of Mando. Some fights, some CGI, and not much benefit from it.

I thought at first that those thugs were the same ones that were putting the squeeze on Mos Pelgo but I have been told I am wrong.

Minions of the mayor is possible but I think they are just one of many groups taking advantage of the power vacuum left by Jabba’s death. I think that Boba is going to stay with the Sandpeople and that thugs like these are going to cause harm to that life leading to Boba deciding to bring order by taking Jabba’s place.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It was grand, however I just kept thinking to myself during the whole episode what’s the point of this series.

Can’t that be asked of everything on TV ?

What is the point of The Mandolorian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what happened to the gamorrean guards during the fight? they left the bar with boba and fennec but weren't there when the fight started. when they did appear they did their job but seemed to disappear at times during the fight itself.

They didn’t disappear during the fight they just were not on camera.

Their disappearance for the ambush itself does appear to be a plot hole - if that is the correct word.

Having them come to the rescue shows us they are loyal but having them disappear in the first place seems like a goof.

maybe they were lured away or distracted and they cut the scene?

this kind continuity problem has showed up in the franchise before.

It did look like Power Rangers when she was chasing those 2 guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Why did they choose to use an alien with pen1ses for fingers to be in the scene where they are digging for those water containers. Took me out of the scene entirely with his wibbly wobbly mickeys digging into the sand

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

If your penis looks like this, then you probably need to get to a doctor fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thought it was bang average. Would need to improve dramatically on last nights episode.

Having said that, I wasn't impressed by the 1st episode of the Mandalorian either, but it grew on me.

Worse bits for me last night was the fight scene in the town. Thought it was poorly choreographed and looked very fake.

All rounded off by the sand creature which wouldn't have looked out of place in a 1960s Japanese B-movie.

I could understand a criticism of the alien fingers being able to dig or something like that but if your thought was “dick fingers”then I think maybe the issue is with yourself

:)

Yeh, though it was very meh too and the parkour thing was definitely a bit hokey. Over all, it alright. But just alright.

As far as that creature was concerned, I looks like it was meant to be a nod to Ray Harryhausen?

One thing that's getting up my spout about this whole Boba Fett thing is this though...

We first see Fett at about 10 years of age in 'Attack of the Clones', then there's 20 years between 'Revenge of the Sith' and 'Star Wars', so he's around 30 ish. There's roughly 4 years between 'Star Wars' and 'Return of the Jedi'. So Fett is around his mid 30's in the flashback scenes and early 40's in the Mandalorian period.

Temuera Morrison is 61.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Well he could develop a psychic link with the personality of a guy the sarlacc ate millennia ago , anger it enough that it damages his rocket pack , causing it to malfunction and shoot him out of the pit.

Seriously , that was how he did it in the old EU books!

Sso I think I like the new one better , which at least riffs on the comics , where he was puked out , and picked up by Jawas , although they thought he was a droid , he had amnesia , and then Han solo shows up and ..yeah its a whole thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I enjoyed it , although it was a bit slow to start , but if I remember The Mandalorean was a well.

Also Matt Berry voicing a Droid!

After Richard Ayode in the Mandalorean , what are the odds on Chris O Dowd and Catherine Parkinson Voicing something in the future?

(or someone from Garth Merengi , I'm not picky)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah I was thinking about this as well. Episode II established that Boba was a clone of Jango. The regular clones had accelerated growth which meant they grew to adulthood twice as fast. Potentially they kept growing old afterwards. However the Kaminoans told Obi-wan that Boba was an unaltered clone and didn't have accelerated ageing, but maybe they lied or their cloning wasn't as perfect as they claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing the scene of Bona holding Jango's helmet reminded me of the question about why Jango's head didn't fall out.

Morrison doesn’t look 60 to be honest

but then Hamill didn’t look 18 (or 20) either

don’t people age differently in outer space ?

I can understand the annoyance. Bugs me no end that they had two actors playing Howard Stark in the MCU and that one of them looks like RDJ and one doesn’t

Kenobi’s age also doesn’t match between the trilogies

I forgot about the aging. Rex is a lot older in Rebels than a normal person would be

And how it happens in the tv show is way better than these so I don’t see what th point is

:)

Morrison looks his age.

He certainly does NOT look like a guy in his mid to late 30's that's for damn sure.

I wasn’t saying he looks 30, just that he doesn’t look 60. No need to get melodramatic.

Kenobi’s age in the Prequels doesn’t match his age in the OT.

Yes, Fett should only be 36 or there about in this show - maybe they will reveal that he doesn’t age normally, not as fast a Clone but not like a human either. Or we have to make it up ourselves.

I’d rather have this plot hole than no Temura Morrison.

I not the one getting "melodramatic". Nor am I trying to make excuses for a TV show.

The guy looks his age and it looks a bit silly if anyone traces the timeline.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss about Boba Fett or most of Star Wars to be honest as it's largely rubbish. But it's continually taking me out of his resurrection, whether it's here or in 'The Mandalorian'.

• Advertisement

The melodrama is in claiming I said something that I didn’t.

I’m not making excuses for a TV show just having a conversation. but it is a rather odd thing to say when you criticising the age of of fictional characters, etc.

Again he doesn’t look 60

and if you don’t give a toss about Boba Fett or most Star Wars because you think it is rubbish then why are you watching it and why are you on a discussion website about it?

and I’m not saying you aren’t allow to watch it or post about it, just asking you why you are devoting time to something you consider to be rubbish

Advertisement