Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yellowstone - Paramount *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4.8: That one felt a bit shoehorned together. Like separate stories dragged along to make some distance. Jimmys felt consistent with the previous though.

Might be the Sheriff story throwing me a bit.. felt a bit out of the blue and for what? Also the sad music during the protestors getting rounded up.. even though it was planned was a bit weird.

If I were guessing, there was a bunch of loosen ends being taken care of.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yeah that ending seemed to out of nowhere not sure where they are going with that unless John is going to use it for votes.

Jimmy landed on his feet at the 6666

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Excellent....thanks for the update.

Trying to avoid spoilers now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭billyhead

He was always weak. Sure look at the way Beth talked him down and treated him in the previous seasons aswell.

• Advertisement

He got to where he has because of the name not because of his character, although he seems intelligent.

The ending last week might be...

to free up that actor as I just saw he is the co creator of Mayor of Kingston with Sheridan and one of it main leads.

I've started watching Mayor of Kingstown and it's quite good. Jeremy Renner is a very good actor.

4.9: Now that was back to a solid episode and I'll say this much.. they sure know how to show Montana when it's lookin great!

I think the biggest story for me this episode was Jimmy. I can't believe I felt so much about them being separated given it's been such a short romance. Solid writing and build up there I'm thinking. It's definitely not the Jimmy-Likes-Rodeo that sells me on it. I'm guessing it's got to be the he's just got this and he's about to lose it and go back to nothing, or less. Some solid Jimmy story upcoming I'm guessing to get him back down to the sixes.. which.. might mean he might be done in the show. I dunno. Huh.

Then Beth.. ah jeez.. I dunno. Maybe the father is gonna learn some harsh lessons about the work she's been putting in... unless she's get totally kicked out or her character is on the way. I can't see that... the show would need to be drawing to a close for that I'd guess.

The Kid and Rip when she was called to the dining room 'discretion the better part of valour' 😁 Those two got the hell outta Dodge.. and rapidly!

Next episode just gonna be

Kayce tripping balls? 😁

Also, lol the kid in this episode when he was on the horse and the balls 😁😂

Ah that makes sense!

He sure must have! I just watched the first episode of 1883 and went to the Yellowstone wiki..

There's another spin-off coming up called: 6666

So... is this like.. a universe? The.. eh?.. Taylor Sheridan Universe? The TSU?

What's cannon? Is Sicario included? Is Wind River? OH! Is Hell or High Water!?!? 😲

• Advertisement

Yellowstone is good and bad in equal measures. 1883 is fun though. So far.

Holy fcuk Jamie.

There must be some amount of the skeletons at the bottom of that ravine put there by the Dutton's over the generations.

I wonder which of the Dutton's will end up down at the 6666 with Jimmy.

On the 6666 it's a real life Ranch that was/is up for sale $350m when the owner died last year.

Known as the Four Sixes Ranch or the 6666 Ranch, this massive west Texas spread has remained in the Burnett family and as part of a trust until Samuel Burnett’s great-grandaughter, Anne Windfohr Marion, died in early 2020. The property was put up for sale for $347 million, according to her will.

Owe. My brain. That was one long-ass, dragged-out, densely-packed episode

How did pan out I wonder? Sheridan being like "I need seven more episodes", studio exec: "i can give you one", Sheridan: "best I could do is five", studio exec: "one but one and a half times the usual length plus two spin-off shows to sweeten the deal", Sheridan: "Okie dokie".

4.10: Right so. More to come I guess.

Biggest development there seemed to be that Kayce seemed to have to make a call between someone dying.. or maybe a family to lose.

Season 5 is greenlit anyway so not sure what the rush was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_(American_TV_series)

On November 22, 2021, Coupm magazine reported that the fifth season has been renewed with a projected broadcast date set for November 13, 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I hate the idea of another yellowstone spinoff just seems like it will be just dilute the stories that could possibly be on the original show. In a weird way I think the shows needs a win for Jamie. Beth just is full of hubris and needs to lose and the other brother has practically disappeared off the show with his boring storylines. I never really enjoyed a show and thought that needs two spinoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Wtf was going on with Kayce during that episode? Lmao. I was v surprised by the way John spoke about Jamie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

A poor, pointless season overall. The show is meandering and going nowhere. They either need to end it in season 5 or shake things up big time. Not sure I’ll even be bothered to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Really disappointing season overall. The only high points were the flashbacks to 18xx.

Don’t see the need for 6666 spinning off unless they’re gonna be concentrating on the rodeo scene, even at that, is it enough to drive a complete new series and cast?

Season 5 is going to be John’s campaign for governor. Then what? Rip or Kayce takes over the Yellowstone? Jamie is totally uninteresting, there’s no storyline there anymore.

1883 is only three episodes in and is must see TV.

There’s maybe a little exploring about the WWII Duttons to flesh out the family tree but that’s not the most interesting of shows because we know John Dutton Sr., if he went to war, made it back to father John Jr.

John Sr. Appeared in 189x in the opening flashback episode of this season. I’m assuming that’s John’s dad as the ages line up and John would be JD the third otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

6666 spin off could be good if they just concentrate on the ranching side of things and leave the terrorists/politics/drama out of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The final episode seems very rushed to me and doesn't need to have been, they whole Kayce thing, he was happy, then he saw a wolf and now they're going back to some PTSD stuff that hasn't really been touched on, considering the first we saw of his this season was him coming out in a ghillie suit it doesn't make sense to bring it all back up now.

Ranching might work but they'd probably need something more than just working all day to keep an audience.

Didn't realise it was real until Agent Coulson pointed it out.

Let's see.. it has a wiki anyway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6666_Ranch

Based in King County, Texas.. so the Mid-North-West of Texas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_County,_Texas

63 hr walk from Fort Worth: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fort+Worth,+TX,+USA/33.61,-100.25/@33.1568826,-101.0838941,1344872m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x864e6e122dc807ad:0xa4af8bf8dd69acbd!2m2!1d-97.3307658!2d32.7554883!1m0!3e2?hl=en

Wonder if the 1883 people are passed it yet. Maybe in episode 4 or 5.

So, not near the border but set in the modern day.. so not sure if Sheridan would bring in border stuff then. Can't guess anything from Jimmys experience so far. Except maybe a shortage of young men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

1883 is quite good, watched the first episode last night. Liking James Dutton

I think that ravine has a river that goes to 4 different states of something so any body that goes over there is never traced back, they covered it in 1 of the earlier episodes, I can't remember it now, about getting a lift to the train station.

Haven't started it yet, I'm going to wait for a full season and binge on it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

I love Yellowstone but struggled with this season. I thought it was really weak and wandered aimlessly. It’s hard to believe that it stretched out over 10 episodes. It was great in parts but it has got very soapy. The most confusing character though has to be that of Monica! What happened her?! In the beginning wasn’t she a teacher and got a scholarship ...now she's no role whatsoever other than stare into the distance and appear melancholy. Having said all that I'm looking forward to the next season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Watched the first 2 episodes of season 4, and not much impressed. Considering the comments for this season so far. seriously considering bailing on what has been a very entertaining, though clichéd show. 6666 has no interest for me, as I fast forwarded through the horsey bits set to music in Yellowstone. Might jump straight to 1883, and if season 5 of Yellowstone gets back in the groove, return to pick it up where I left off.

Slow paced with not much action???

We watching the same show? They started off with about 150 people in a wagon train & have lost about 12 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I meant the rodeo and the horse-buying and training kinda stuff. Some of the panoramic scenes in Yellowstone were spectacular, and even though I enjoyed the big-city-violence-comes-to-the-outback trope etc, the historical backdrop to 1883 sounds interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Im into season 3 after a major binge, and this is one of the best shows on tv right now. Great acting and writing, incredible scenery and for alt country fans the soundtrack is brilliant

Advertisement