Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yum, Spanish crisps, taste like rancheros 

Is Mam of 4 still with us?

I have sausages with fried potatoes and beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@igCorcaigh , still here !

Love fried potatoes too , I had sausages and home made chips this evening!

Roasted a chicken for dinner yesterday . Today the left overs made chicken curry and a bit went into pasta with pesto , delicious .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I had my first sandwich in about a month as I'm cutting down. Smoked cheese, peppered turkey breast, tomato and potato salad on local brown loaf.

• Advertisement

Well, this thread has gone quiet...

Sausages with brown lentils and cabbage (fried with a bit of polish smalec/lard). Obligatory hot sauce.

Just curious igCorcaigh, what you will have for Christmas dinner , if you celebrate it?

(No offense intended if you don't.)

Oh, Mam of 4, I will call up to my parents for Christmas day. It will be them, myself, and perhaps my brother if he manages to travel home from Wales. My sister joins us then on St. Stephen's Day.

I'm not partial to turkey at all, so I will bring perhaps some fish, or something that can be cooked quickly, and will enjoy it with all of the rest of the sides and vegetables that my mam prepares. My dad likes sherry trifle, but without the sherry. I will avoid that part :)

Hoping you have a lovely Christmas meal with all of your family together. Will it be the traditional turkey? Anything special to eat planned?

Ah igCorcaigh, I hope your brother manages to get home , it'd be great for you all to be together ☺Hope you all have a lovely time .

Fish sounds nice and light , sherry trifle , I love making it , don't eat it though!

Fingers crossed that we'll all be together in the one house this year , but sharing the cooking , so the turkey and stuffing is my contribution , and yes I was assigned that job! Nothing out of the ordinary cooking wise though!

Had half a roast chicken to use up , so cut it up into chunks and made a chicken lasagne , was delicious!

• Advertisement

Didn't get home til nearly 9pm so put on sausages, rashers, beans,fried egg and toast, it was lovely and I was starving, lots of brown sauce also,I'm the only person here that uses it ,love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Gammon sandwiches, on sourdough bread. I can't decide which is best , mustard or Branston pickle. Both are delicious 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Coffee and toast

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Smoked trout and some faba beans.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

After finishing a roast beef, on sourdough, with Branston pickle, sandwich. Yum . Twill keep me going till the ham finishes boiling and I tuck into the mother of all sandwiches. Just need fresh bread

Bought Dauphinoise ? potatoes . I had them some years ago when out in a posh restaurant with my now ex wife and her friends. We all got served our mains and started tucking in. The waiter put a bowl of these potatoes near my plate. Being a thick country eejit who loves spuds, I emptied the whole bowl on my already stuffed plate of steak and mash. I was then informed that the wee bowl of spuds was for the whole table ! I didn't give a shite. 😀

Beef noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Got burgers from Lidl ab sweet potato fried and lashed on pepper sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Pop into Marks and Sparks about 4pm in IFSC or Mary St and get them reduced to a third of the price! Im slobbering now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Pate, cheese, Mayo, pickle on brown toast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Have bacon and cabbage on, must go on the road there after lunch so a dinner in the middle of the day today. None of your fancy shite here.

As a noodle lover, I see nothing at all wrong with instant noodles, as they can be pimped up with veggies and protein and condiments for a quick and tasty meal.

Looking forward to trying these:

Spicy noodles with tofu and green onion, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A meal out at long last.

Am laughing here@igCorcaigh , there's a few packets of them in the press here too ☺

@bassey , son and daughter get them , and other products , from The Asian Market online I think it is .

Coffee and a muffin here .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

• Advertisement

Dauphinoise potatoes. Not everyone's 1st breakfast meal , but I LOVE spuds😄.

Advertisement