Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Underneath the chillies and coriander, there is chicken mole, refried beans, and mexican rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Pringles

Chicken dinner

I just made a random salad of grated carrots with toasted pumpkin seeds, a little bit of sesame oil, wine vinegar, sea salt, ground coriander and chilli flakes.

Was very nice, and I think I will play around with the flavour profile a bit more. Some fresh parsley would have been good.

This thread has gone very quiet recently.

Is everyone on a diet, or left because of the site update? C'mon Boardsies, I want to know what ye're eatin' and drinkin'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Back in once again to delete my account but to no avail yet. But for what its worth and in the interest of what was a great thread I had roast beef, mash, stuffing, roasties, peas and roast carrot and parsnip. Gravy over parts of it. New boards is crap. Really crap. Keep the thread going if you can or start a new one on **** for the craic.

Farewell for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Nice to see your name again G ☺

Can't sleep...

Boredom eating some fried rice with fish and chilli sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭sporina

• Time was short tonight but I had some fun with this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=rS5twjGJZhA

• Advertisement

But it did :)

Just coffee for now. Will have a late breakfast of hummous on toast around 11.

Sushi

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tuna melt panini today and Boiled rice and sweet and sour pork for dinner 🤤

Cooking peri peri chicken, will have some and leave the rest go cold for wraps.

Not pretty, but black kale fried with garlic, chilli flakes, soy sauce and fish sauce. Potatoes fried with panchporan, and salmon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Eating some birthday cake now 🎂

Not in the mood for cooking again, so picked up some of the Balti House chicken Jalfrezi with pilau rice from Dunnes, which was selling off for €1.75 today. Pimped it with some cheese roti and cucumber salad. The curry is not bad at all for a ready meal; sauce is good, chicken quality is what you would expect.

Toasts with something salmon. Noodles.

Yum, Spanish crisps, taste like rancheros 

Is Mam of 4 still with us?

I have sausages with fried potatoes and beans.

• Advertisement

@igCorcaigh , still here !

Love fried potatoes too , I had sausages and home made chips this evening!

Roasted a chicken for dinner yesterday . Today the left overs made chicken curry and a bit went into pasta with pesto , delicious .

I had my first sandwich in about a month as I'm cutting down. Smoked cheese, peppered turkey breast, tomato and potato salad on local brown loaf.

Well, this thread has gone quiet...

Sausages with brown lentils and cabbage (fried with a bit of polish smalec/lard). Obligatory hot sauce.

Just curious igCorcaigh, what you will have for Christmas dinner , if you celebrate it?

(No offense intended if you don't.)

Oh, Mam of 4, I will call up to my parents for Christmas day. It will be them, myself, and perhaps my brother if he manages to travel home from Wales. My sister joins us then on St. Stephen's Day.

I'm not partial to turkey at all, so I will bring perhaps some fish, or something that can be cooked quickly, and will enjoy it with all of the rest of the sides and vegetables that my mam prepares. My dad likes sherry trifle, but without the sherry. I will avoid that part :)

Hoping you have a lovely Christmas meal with all of your family together. Will it be the traditional turkey? Anything special to eat planned?

Ah igCorcaigh, I hope your brother manages to get home , it'd be great for you all to be together ☺Hope you all have a lovely time .

Fish sounds nice and light , sherry trifle , I love making it , don't eat it though!

Fingers crossed that we'll all be together in the one house this year , but sharing the cooking , so the turkey and stuffing is my contribution , and yes I was assigned that job! Nothing out of the ordinary cooking wise though!

Had half a roast chicken to use up , so cut it up into chunks and made a chicken lasagne , was delicious!

• Didn't get home til nearly 9pm so put on sausages, rashers, beans,fried egg and toast, it was lovely and I was starving, lots of brown sauce also,I'm the only person here that uses it ,love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Gammon sandwiches, on sourdough bread. I can't decide which is best , mustard or Branston pickle. Both are delicious 😋

Advertisement