Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

1329330331332333335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yum!

More yum, in a similar style.

I'll be in Amsterdam over the weekend, might post some food pics 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

For what it's worth I'm having casseroled beef and spuds with skinny broccoli and carrots. Maybe a slice of bread for the mop up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭VW 1

Was there last week, and would highly recommend cannibale royal. Lovely food and pretty reasonably priced and decent portions.

• Advertisement

Thanks! I did see that place on Maps, it looks very good to me, (the meat eater!).

We are going to Ashoka tomorrow evening for Indian food. And the plan for Saturday is A Beautiful Mess.

I'll be going with one Indian person, one vegetarian person and another very fussy eater! So we shall see.

Personally, I would love the opportunity to try some traditional Dutch food! Maybe not a full dinner as we only have two nights, but will definitely be trying those fried bar snacks, and hopefully some herring. 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭VW 1

Found it tough to stumble across Dutch food, we also made the mistake of not booking anywhere in the Chinese area and couldn't get anywhere to eat.

Me too, I didn't find any of those bars that sold the Dutch snacks, and I found bars/cafes hard enough to find in our area. Plus, I was in a group, and we didn't have much time, and the rain...

Still, I found everything single thing I ate was of top notch quality.

We got soaked when we arrived, and stumbled across Cafe Luxembourg, a beautiful spot, where I got an excellent Croque Monsieur (the salad had really nice capers, nice touch) and mint & ginger tea (big thin strips of ginger that look like spuds!).

A Beautiful Mess had amazing Iraqi spiced chicken, with potatoes and mudardarah, not pictured.

Even the club sandwich I had for brunch was amazing.

I didn't take enough pictures of food, and came away feeling like I could have eaten more! But next time... 😊

Advertisement