Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Look Keo Blade Carbon pedals

hopefully they are as easy to use as the Keo Max

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭whomadewho

Leynze 500xl and strip light set. Sks raceblade pro xl mudguards. Zipp coarse cx bartape. Shimano cleats, and a couple of 28mm wide tubes.

It never ends

• Registered Users Posts: 13,306 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Wahoo Kickr Core.

I only have a dumb trainer at the moment and have been humming and hawing about getting a smart trainer for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭stevencn88

Bib tights and new winter gloves. 50km this afternoon with numb fingers and very cold lower half wasn't all that much fun. Fingers crossed for a quick CRC delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

You won't regret it. Night and day difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Must have been user error fitting it given it's stayed on over gravel/ single track, but lost my Leynze rear light somewhere on the commute last week. Amazon compact rear rechargeable on the way - still planning on upgrading to Varia Radar, but this will tide me over. Road spins are with the winter bike/ commuter with the dynamo, so it'll mainly be a secondary light except for road sections on gravel spins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Galibier Belgian style winter cycling cap. One less excuse not to go out in the cold (I'm sure I'll find other excuses though).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Local lidl might have some of their rechargeable sets left

• Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It's in the post now, but they didn't on Saturday when I was in. Have the dynamo hub and german standard lights anyway, so purely for an additional rear flashing light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Favero Assioma Duo power meter pedals.

Overkill for my needs as I don't race but hopefully a useful tool for improvement. There was a book recommended on here on training with a power meter. Was it this one - Training and Racing with a Power Meter ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ordered a set of Schwalbe Marathon Winter Plus. Bit overkill but I've had a few falls on ice and last time I came off the bike I broke my wrist, once the temperatures go below 4C I don't like taking the bike out. Work regular night shifts so see plenty of icy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Favero left body to replace one I damaged on Saturday

Spatz pro 2 overshoes from The Edge (crazy money for overshoes but after cold wet feet on Saturday decided I'm worth it 😀) Haven't tried these before so hopefully the good reviews are accurate

Fire feet socks and Zoncolon gilet from Galibier - had trouble picking between their Zoncolon or Gino Pro Gilets but went with the warmer one in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭ARX

Ordered a pair of Galibier Roubaix Vision 6 gloves at 7.45 pm on Sunday and got an email at 9.20 pm to say they had been packed and were en route!

Had frozen hands on Saturday with autumn gloves and sweaty hands on Sunday with winter gloves, so I hope these will do the job. It's my first Galibier purchase and I've heard nothing but good about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

wore this yesterday, setting out in 4 degrees and pretty windy - super warm and comfortable, 2 thumbs up from me.

(I'm turning into a Galibier model - I was also wearing the mistral tights and jacket)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Garmin Edge 530 from Amazon.de which was offer @ 172 . mtb 20 inch tyres from CRC for little fellas bike. CX mad now at 5 years old 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Join the club-

I have socks, toe socks, overshoes (in the post), long sleeve base layer, long sleeve jersey, Mistral jacket, Tesmpest Pro rain jacket, gloves....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

FSA 46/30 chainset for my Croix de Fer revamp and centaur brakes for my Cinelli all italian project.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

Garmin Edge 530 from the recent deal on Amazon DE - I mentioned how good a deal it was to my sister who has just gotten into cycling in the last year or so and that she might want to consider getting herself one (even if she really doesn't get to put it properly through its paces until she gets back out more in Spring/Summer next year) - next thing I know she'd bought one for herself and one for me as a Christmas present! As it happens there were also some good deals on the Garmin Varia RTL515 (rear radar and light combo) recently too - I already have one of my own (probably one of the best gadgets I've ever bought for my bike) - and I had already bought her one as a Christmas present (but she didn't know this at the time). Good times! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭oisinog

I think I am getting to the point with Galibier to tell them just charge my card and send me out the whatever they want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭jamesd

Gore Wear C7 Partial Pro + Windstopper fluorescent yellow Bibtights

Galbier artic over shoes

Lifelife rocker plate for the turbo

Ultegra hydraulic brake calipers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

Topeak front loader handlebar bag.

That will complete the three bikepacking bags, next thing is to get out on an over nighter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Not easy to find Shimano stuff at present but eventually found a 50/34 chainset on bikeman.ie. Decided on the 105 to replace an Ultegra one that started coming apart on a spin yesterday. Only noticed it after WA's Ultegra crank also failed with about 30km to get home. Went for the 105 as it's forged while the Ultegra is bonded and vulnerable to corrosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

completely forgot 2 formula r1 brake pad bolts managed to get them on ebay in italy.

arrived this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Did you get your hands into these yet, how are they for size and warmth and water repellency?

Looking for a pair to replace existing BBB Acqushield gloves which I've had for about 8 years which have been great but well worn and one of the thumbs is starting to come through. The Galibier Ardennes Light Winter Gloves look ideal but only available in odd sizes and following that the Galibier Izoard Winter Gloves but again no stock in medium/large. There's only the Barrier Deep Winter gloves which look bulky/overkill.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was WA's a complete snap or a delamination? there were no photos of the offending parts on the strava activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

His went with a bang with a clear horizontal crack on the inner side near the pedal and a long split along the edge from there to the spider.

This is my problem:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you're just putting out too much power.

very weird though that both your cranksets failed near simultaneously.

Size - at 200 mm I am right in the middle of the size range given for medium, so that's what I ordered. I feel that they are a touch short in the finger - the internal seam at the fingertip presses on the spot between my finger and nail. However, I only really noticed this when putting them on, not while riding (I don't think I have unusually large fingers). The cuff is a little short, I feel that it could be 1-2cm longer (I get cold wrists).

Warmth - I've only used them over the weekend which was 11-12 degrees. They were very comfortable even though my hands got a bit sweaty. I'll report back when I use them in colder weather.

Water repellency - no rain encountered but as I said I did sweat a bit. They seem to absorb the sweat so my hands didn't get clammy. I'd say they would absorb rain.

Other - the material is stretchy and grippy so you get a nice tight but flexible fit which gives a good feel for the controls, and they're easy enough to get on and off even when sweaty.

Finally - a pair of Galibier Regale Ultra Optics photochromic glasses on the way. I wear glasses and I think that because the top of the frame appears in my field of vision when in the hoods/drops, I am stretching my neck to lift my head up. So I'm going to try contact lenses and big sunglasses to see if that helps.

UPDATE: 30 km round trip to Enniskerry this afternoon in light rain, 5 to 8 degrees, speed up to 50 km/h, average 24 km/h. Hands were comfortable all the way, even though the gloves were damp when I got home (not sure whether rain, sweat or both). I'd say on a dry day they'd be warm enough even below 5.

Post edited by ARX on

• Advertisement

Advertisement