Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Options

Comments

Cuckoo??

I think your the only one that's a bit cuckoo round here 😂😂 no idea what your on about 🤣

Oh you mean twitter?

Don't be ridiculous. There's plenty of people calling out nick foster because he's a liar and is only interested in selling his book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭tibruit

It's fun watching you target the wrong person on there today tho.

You carry on. It's quite entertaining.

Haven`t a clue what you are on about. I don`t twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

So you see Scooby it wasn`t me who was entertaining you today.

@tibruit : You clearly think Ian Bailey murdered Sophie correct?

I have no problem with that point of view. Realistically, the only person I know that definitely didn't kill her is myself.

All the rest is subjective hearsay.

My reasoning for ruling Ian Bailey out of the equation, is purely down to the lack of hard evidence and independent thinking.

Sophie was a film maker, with five star connections, Bailey couldn't resist bragging about her if he had met her.. Couple that with the fact that they were never seen together, nor anyone ever quoted Bailey as speaking of her... Say no more.

So, as this is a forum for debating the said topic, will you present your reasoning, as to why you think Ian Bailey murdered Sophie Tuscan Du Plantier?

Will you post your reasons?

I am not looking to argue with you, nor belittle your opinions. I seek only that you present a clear reasoning why to think Ian Bailey is guilty of such a terrible crime..

Hopefully you will respond and we can debate the subject.

*Note - I have absolutely no interest in ridiculing your comments, that's not my scene.. I encourage adult debate.

Over to you....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Ill save them the trouble.

1) No Alibi

2) Previously lied to gards about alibi supposedly & its understandable because Im sure at this stage he was sure the local gardai were settting him up for murder.

3) Was involved in Domestic violence issues with Jules

4) Arrived at the scene too early for some people so in his wisdom he went there a few hours after he killed her to report on it even though he was a journalist. The more I think about this, the more laughable it becomes

5) He's English

6) He was generally disliked within the community.

7) Sarcastically admitted to a number of local lowlives that he did it to promote his career. Again, becomes more laughable the more one thinks about it. Hard to believe they dont understand black humour in Cork of all places (the home of scarcasm). Not to mention these lowlives had a motive to place him at the scene to curry favour with the gards.

After this not much else except for some bull reported sightings of him & Jules having a bonfire a few days after the murder(found since then to be completely unreliable), a known perjurer who claimed she saw him at a nearby bridge (who has since retracted that statement) & some scratches on his arms that he had no problem in showing around town in the days after the murder. These scratches were later confirmed as being the result of him cutting down a Christmas tree which were verified by numerous sources.

Now, how about the other side,

1) zero DNA evidence despite it being an extremely violent crime,

2) zero motive, zero knowledge that he even knew the woman,

3) coercion & bribery of witnesses to place him at the scene by the gards,

4) Extremely unusual behaviour in that he would attend the scene mere hours after it was committed,

5) The physical ability to drink a pile of alcohol, get up in the middle of the night, walk a couple of miles, commit an extremely horrific crime, wash yourself down & then make a cup of tea for your partner in the morning like nothing had happened despite never have committed a crime before or since then.

The list goes on

Nah Flanna.....how many times have you asked this question now? Your problem is that you don`t really pay attention to anyone else`s contributions here. You are self obsessed with your "Babe Farrell" and "Defective Detective" narratives. Some think you are funny....good for you.

Good man Jim. The last time you went on that rant it was nothing but gards, gards, gards, POS, corrupt gards. At least this time you have acknowledged that there is actually a bit of evidence there that needs to be considered. Small steps Jim. Small steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Xander10

Just on the second 5)

Just yes or no will do:

1) Was he reasonably sober to drive home from the pub that night?

2) was his own account that he was sober enough to get up in the middle of the night and write an article for the paper?

3) did he leave the house and bed he shared with Jules that night?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mamboozle

We reached a point during Bailey's high court case against the Gardai when you would either have to be very innocent or driven by an agenda that you wouldn't accept that there was a high level cover-up in this case. Bailey just happened to be the unfortunate who got caught up in a bigger game.

This was what drove a very hurried conviction in France, and the subsequent nonsense (if you're not Bailey) around extradition, which funnily enough doesn't seem to have the French too annoyed. Like the Irish justice system before them never really wanted Bailey in court, the French one doesn't want him in France. Everyone is probably enquiring about his health.

Someone here said laughably that there is political pressure for a conviction. Macron was asked about it a couple of months ago when he was in Dublin and did his best not to laugh. He invited Bailey to France. I laughed.

It's scary when you list points like that..

I don't want to live in a society that would sling a man in jail because they disliked him..

Scary stuff indeed.

Thats exactly it, this case isnt even about Bailey anymore, its about how corrupt the gards in this country are, its about the lack of accountability for said corruption in the force, its about the lack of consequences for perjurers, its about a small town in the west of Ireland where they were happy to ruin a mans life because he was a bit of a loudmouth & its about the arrogant & ignorant French. This is about Ireland as a country also, us as a society & how we deal with cases like this. Sending out a message that its ok to ruin a mans life based on zero hard evidence & on the other hand allow scumbags to get away scot free for implicating him in the crime not to mention the actual murderer.

If things were done properly here,

1) Bailey would have been well compensated for all the bull he's been put through. I'm talking millions here from the state.

2) The gards who committed the corruption would have been fired, arrested & jailed.

3) The gards who showed gross incompetence in the investigated should have been suspended or fired. A large deduction to their fat pensions we're all paying for.

3) Prison for Marie Farrell, a long stretch there would have softened her cough & maybe encouraged her to tell the truth after all.

4) All proper lines of enquiry & leads would have been followed up on. All evidence would have been retained, wine bottle, gate, etc. instead of deposed of.

5) The French would have been told where to go when they came over looking to carry out their own investigation without so much as informing the DPP.

6) The French would have been told where to go when they tried to extradite Bailey for the crime.

7) Dwyer would have been moved off the case very early on from the investigation. How he made it to detective in the first place astounds me.

Many of the above would have helped in the solving of this case. If were living in a country where the likes of the police aren't allowed to do whatever they want, there's a high chance this crime could have been solved IMO.

There are many, many well off people in the judiciary and justice system and in the wider 'state' for whom this country couldn't be more perfect.

Ah now Jim, would you really throw poor old Marie in the slammer? And all she did was blurt out a few fantastic delusions. Maybe she has a "dark sense of humour"....you know..... like Bailey when he was blurting out that he was the killer. But you want to jail poor Marie and at the same time compensate Bailey for the same offence. You are one tough dude.

• Advertisement

I know that very well Mamboozle, doesnt mean we should accept it though

I think there is a big difference between Bailey & Farrell to be fair. Farrell lied in a court of law under oath, she inserted herself into the case probably making up the sighting of the man at the bridge. She benefited financially from her lies to the gards. She wasted the gards time, steered the case in a direction it might not have gone otherwise without her involvement. She is a fraudster & in my eyes, a scumbag.

Bailey lied about being in bed all night with Jules after probably realizing the gards were setting him up for murder. He probably panicked & I dont blame him for this.

Its not in the same stratosphere as Farrell.

Also, stop using my name you nutjob, simply quote my post, making out we know each other or something.

You are right, it's entirely different.

Personally I believe MF was coerced and manipulated by the gardai from day 1, and is as much a victim in all of this as Bailey.

They had so many things on her and her family that she was an easy target. When she finally told the truth she was run out of town and had to relocate as the locals made her life hell.

The only thing that frustrates me about her is not naming the mystery man she was with; my only conclusion is that she wasn't with anyone, but it had gone too far at that point to admit the truth.

I wouldnt be that sympathic to her tbh. She inserted herself into the case for no reason whatsoever other than likely because she was bored & wanted some attention or whatever was going in that mind of hers. Aside from the corrupt gards, she is one the main reasons why the case wasnt solved. She took the focus of the case in an entirely different direction.

She lied under oath, she benefited financially from those lies, she implicated an innocent man in a murder he didnt commit, she contributed to the murder of an innocent not being solved. Zero sympathy, she should be in prison.

So she inserted herself into the case and steered it in a certain direction. Sounds to me exactly the same thing Bailey was doing. If neither of them are the killer, then both were at the very least wasting Garda time. But sure lets jail one and compensate the other.

Well her initial statement that was corroborated by Dan Griffin was what got her involved in the case. That sighting on the Saturday, of a man who absolutely did not match the description of Ian Bailey, was in my opinion given in good faith.

Now what happened after, that's when things get murky.

Ian Bailey took a number of court actions and didn't get any satisfaction. Nothing came of the Maurice McCabe affair. GSOC will probably end up as useless as it ever was. Austin Currie who died recently, showed a lot of courage in Northern Ireland but his abiding memory of the political system in the Republic was that all politicians did was pay lip service to the plight of Catholics in the North as they were quite happy with the cosy arrangement they found themselves in

What height is Marie Farrell approximately?

Is she the lowest of the low? Although maybe that doesn't describe a physical dimension as much as it does a type that's prepared to the bidding of undeniably, viciously cruel people for their own preservation. Black people have a descriptor "Uncle Tom" but we've always gone further here where Tom tends to delight in mocking his own. Maybe someone could help me with one of the words we have in Irish that fits like sleveen, gombeen etc?

• Advertisement

i'd say he was well over the limit for driving. A drinker like Bailey at that time of the year. Had the garda stopped him he would have had an alibi as he probably would have been arrested

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement