Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I've already conclusively dealt with your core contention that Trump having Jewish relatives is somehow a difficulty he has to overcome or hide. I don't see any benefit to following you down irrelevant tangents.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Nowhere did I say it was.

I did say Ivanka running for VP would be a stretch as she is a Jewess.

How many Jews have won national election in the US? Off the top of my head I can't think of any.

Goldman in '64 who was of jewish descent and a practicing Episcopalian lost in a landslide and gained only 6 states.

Other than that? Sanders is the only Jew I can think of who has run, he won a primary or 2 and then?

There is IMO a still widespread undercurrent of anti-Semitism in the US that would see an issue develop for any Jewish candidate on a national ticket, even if they are a Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I do, apologies for the misnomer I was working from memory and in probably a little bit of unconscious bias went with Goldman, as I remembered the "gold" and was 100% certain it wasn't Goldberg.

that just reminded me of an old joke about icebergs and Titanic that we're probably not allowed tell any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I guess there are no reprocussions when your side posts lies. Luckily you're not on the Right or you'd get a warning. Trump did not have COVID before the debate with Biden. Mark Meadows confirmed it.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

No, it was not a crime. He was provided reports that what he told Raffensburger at the time was correct. Later on it turned out to be incorrect.

Sorta like everyone here has been claiming from the high heavens Trump had COVID before the debate with Biden. Which turns out to be false. See, it happens.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Or is the Left exempt from responsibility for posting and spreading lies?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Where did these reports about voting fraud come from? Nobody has ever seen them, they were never presented as evidence in court. It's all entirely made up and just from the imagination of Trump... Aka, he was lying. And he was lying to an another official for the sole purpose of attempting to get them to change the results of the election in favour of Trump.

You realize that referring to people as 'jewess' is only contributing to the anti-semitism? It's reducing people to one part of what they believe as well as their gender and something you've now done twice in not too many posts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

There were no “reports”. There were rumours and conspiracy theories.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I agree that Trump did not threaten Raffensperger.

Not threatening an election offical does not make trying to overturn the democratic will of the people does not make it somehow acceptable. This is true regardless of what Hilliary did or did not do. I am astounded that you can accept that Trump deliberatley tried to ilegally influence the electrol process and still support him.

I don't believe your consiprecy theory about Hilliary, besides if Trump had locked her up as he had promised she could not have done this 😀😃😀

Before you say it I am no Hilliary or Biden fan either, sadly I would only vote for them as they are not Trump. Their (alleged) illegal beheviour does not somehow excuse Trump's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Come back to the light fellow, you’ve gone too far.

The whole lie came from Trump and his cronies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Haha you're right for once, there aren't any repercussions. Trump has been lying for a year about the election being stolen, continues to do so and he's gotten away with it. You talk about liars and then believe something Meadows said, the irony!

was Meadows lying when he said trump did have covid or when he said that he didn't?

I do, and despite my using the word it isn't to frame anti-Semitism on my part. Rather it's the lens through which many in the US and in particular the rust belt and the Evangelical Christian areas that are ardent Trump support bases. This is how many there discuss Ivanka and frame her "apostasy".

The disconnect between supporting Israel and being Anti-Semitic is very marked. Many of the Evangelical bent see a strang Israel as a tool to keep Islam out of the Holy Land it's about supporting Christian hegemony rather than Jewish freedoms.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Trump has been lying about the election since before the one in 2016. He was claiming that votes had been faked before a single one had been made. He was claiming that Clinton had cheated somehow despite the fact that Trump himself won and launched an investigation as president to try and prove that he'd been cheated out of the win even though he won.

He can't do anything but lie and complain about being cheated out of things even when they clearly didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Blantently copy and pasted from reddit but it's extremely pertinent

THE 2020 ELECTION

• Trump’s assertions are not based on rigorous facts and a value for truth. Rather, they are based on feelings and his value of himself.
      • If something is perceived by Trump to be personally beneficial, he will infamously exclaim it is the greatest thing to ever happen in the world. Conversely, if something is felt by Trump to be personally threatening, then he will relentlessly attack it as fake, a fraud, or rigged, etc. He literally told an audience this is what he does:
        • “By the way, you have a poll coming out. I want to know what it is. You know they do that straw poll, right? Now, if it's bad, I just say it's fake. If it's good, I say that's the most accurate poll, perhaps ever" Trump, CPAC July 11, 2021.
    • In 2012, after Trump gained popularity conducting a conspiracy theory across cable TV that President Obama was an Islamic terrorist born in Kenya with a fake U.S. birth certificate; and after publicly endorsing Mitt Romney for President, Trump shamelessly tweeted:
      • “The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one! We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided! Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us. More votes equals a loss ... revolution! This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy! Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble ... like never before. The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.”
      • Note: In fact, Obama received 5 million more votes than Romney. Obama did not lose the popular vote. (However, Trump himself did - twice!)
    • In 2016, Trump indeed lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton by nearly three million votes. Yet he won the Electoral College. But he used the platform of the Presidency to attack:
      • “In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally." Trump has repeatedly stated and implied that three to five million people voted illegally in the 2016 election.
    • Before the 2016 general election, polls estimated Trump had about a 30% chance of beating Clinton. So he again, without any evidence, relentlessly exclaimed that “This election is absolutely being rigged…”
    • When running for the Republican Party nominee in 2016, Trump rejected the results of the Iowa caucuses, asserting based on no evidence whatsoever: * “Ted Cruz didn't win Iowa, he stole it. That is why all of the polls were so wrong and why he got far more votes than anticipated. Bad!...Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified.”
    • In 2017, Trump instigated after the fact the creation of a Voter Fraud investigation to discover evidence supporting his claims. Because he did not have any evidence supporting his claims when he made them. He merely felt election fraud was true. The opposite proposition, that he was unpopular, was threatening.
      • Eight months later this investigation was quietly shut down without remotely justifying Trump’s wild conspiracy theories of election fraud.
    • In 2020, with the country fighting the Covid-19 epidemic, States began preparing for the election. There existed broad anticipation for large numbers of mail-in-votes, especially from urban areas badly affected by the virus. So Trump began attacking the USPS, attempting to defund it and cripple its operation while more broadly attacking the election process.
      • “Now [Democrats] need that money in order to have the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots… If we don’t make a deal that means they don’t get the money. That means they can’t have universal mail in voting. It just can’t happen.” Trump, Fox Business Interview
      • Trump suddenly installed a loyalist donor with no credible experience as Postmaster General, Louis DeJoy.
        • DeJoy implemented sweeping changes to USPS operations, firing postal officials, reducing workers hours, and eliminating sorting machines, causing a widespread slowdown of the service. Meanwhile, Trump began falsely campaigning that votes not received and counted by election day were invalid.
      • Trump publicly called for his supporters to “go into the polls and watch very carefully.” This is one of many examples of his un-American voter intimidation tactics.
      • Trump both privately pressured Ukraine and China to announce a criminal investigation of - while publicly demanding the U.S. DOJ arrest - his opponent, Presidential nominee Joe Biden, based on propaganda sourced back to Rudy Giuliani and Russian disinformation. (It is not yet clear if he also privately asked the AG William Barr to do this.)
      • On election night, far before the votes were counted but just as had been leaked to be his intention weeks prior, Trump declared victory! Despite losing, Trump declared himself the winner of the election; he demanded that votes stop being counted where he was winning and that only Republican votes continue to be counted where he was losing. And he simultaneously celebrated the broad down ballot success of the Republican party while asserting that those very same ballots which equally broadly did not vote for him were fraudulent.

After election night:

• Without evidence, the morally bankrupt, impeached President stated the election was in fact rigged and undermined the trust of many American’s in their democracy.
    • The director of the FBI (appointed by Trump) confirmed in a congressional hearing that the FBI had not found any evidence of a coordinated voter fraud effort.
      • A joint statement was released by The Department of Homeland Security - Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council (GCC), and Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Council (SCC) declaring there is no evidence that the 2020 election was compromised by fraud.
        • Immediately after this, the director of CISA Chris Krebs was fired by Trump. Because the narrative mattered, not the facts. And this statement contradicted the delusional narrative Trump was working to create for the public.
      • Every State election official has declared the election a safe success and rejected the claims of existing conspiratorial fraud.
    • Trump attempted to overthrow the election via the courts, believing ultimately his nominated SC Justices would show loyalty and overturn it. The cases were unanimously determined to be without merit and tossed out.
    • Led by Rudy Giuliani on behalf of Trump, a series of embarrassing sham hearings were held to theatrically present the public with “formal” evidence of fraud, but which actually had no legal authority.
    • He worked tirelessly to personally convince state electors to vote in the Electoral College as faithless electors against the election votes.
      • He sought to get Republican ally state legislatures to elect their own alternative Electoral College electors who would vote as faithless electors.
      • He was recorded on one of over a dozen phone calls with the Governor of Georgia bullying the Governor to produce eleven thousand more votes for Trump.
      • He was recorded calling the Justice Department daily, explicitly saying “...just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me.”
        • When told that his claims had been investigated by the department and found to contradict the evidence, Trump responded, “You guys may not be following the internet the way I do.”
    • He then threatened to replace the DOJ leadership with more loyal servants.
      • Weeks prior to the Capitol insurrection, AG William Barr publicly declared that the Justice Department found no evidence supporting Trump’s election fraud claims. He then submitted his resignation.
      • Immediately following this, Justice Dept. attorney Jeffrey Clark plotted with Trump to remove Barr’s successor as AG so to direct the Justice Department themselves to pressure Georgia lawmakers into reversing the election results. This triggered the department’s leadership to threaten Trump with their uniform resignations, eventually convincing Trump the plan would fail.
    • Trump coordinated a protest rally at the Capitol scheduled for the day Congress was in session to count the Electoral Votes that would formally declare Biden the winner.
      • The protest was based on a plan outlined in a memo written by one of Trump's attorney's. It relied upon Pence refusing to count the votes and declaring Trump the winner on Jan. 6th., and it was circulated among loyalists in the White House and Congress.
      • Trump and his loyalists then lied to his supporters, telling them Pence had the authority to stop Biden from being declared President. And he and his loyalists instructed an angry mob to march on the Capitol to “Stop The Steal” or else the U.S. would fall!
      • “If we are wrong we will be made fools of, but if we're right a lot of them will go to jail. So let's have trial by combat."Rudy Guilianni, Trump TV attorney.
      • “The best thing for America’s future is for Donald Trump to go to total war over this election to expose all of the fraud, cheating, dead/no longer in state voters, that has been going on for far too long.” Trump jr.
      • "When you win in a landslide and they steal it. And it’s rigged. It’s not acceptable… Make no mistake, this election was stolen from you, from me, and from the country… We will not be intimidated into accepting the hoaxes and the lies that we’ve been forced to believe over the past several weeks. We’ve amassed overwhelming evidence about a fake election… Nobody until I came along had any idea how corrupt our elections were… Today we’ll see whether or not Republicans stand strong for our country… We will not let them silence your voices, we’re not going to let it happen. (Crowd chants: Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump!)...If you don’t fight to save the country with everything you have, you’re not going to have a country left...The radical left knows exactly what they are doing. They’re ruthless and it’s time somebody did something about it. Mike Pence, I hope you are going to stand up for the good of our Constitution and for the good of our country...Because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election...And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore... We're going to walk down to the Capitol. And we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them… Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong...We're going to walk down Pennsylvania Ave ... and we're going to [try] to give our Republicans -- the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help -- we're to try and get them kind of pride and boldness they need to take back our country...I hope the Democrats, and even more importantly, the weak and ineffective RINO section of the Republican Party, are looking at the thousands of people pouring into D.C. They won’t stand for a landslide election victory being stolen. Washington is being inundated with people who don’t want to see an election victory stolen by emboldened Radical Left Democrats. Our Country has had enough, they won’t take it anymore! We hear you (and love you) from the Oval Office. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to...These are the things and events that happen [viz. The Capitol insurrection] when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love and in peace. Remember this day forever!" (A small sample of) Donald Trump
    • This malicious, tin-pot dictator assault on our institution of democracy is unprecedented: It was a coup attempt. And it caused an insurrection. And it is perhaps the most fundamentally destabilizing attack against the U.S. since the Confederate rebellion. Neither Pearl Harbor nor 9/11 ever realized the chance of so basically upsetting our society and government.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

There are Zero reports, either provided by the trump team or by yourself, that show any irregularities with the election process.

Zero, zip, nada, your claims, and trumps, are a big lie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

"A lot of people are saying....🤷‍♂️" constitutes a report for Donnie's clapping seals

• Advertisement

Yet, whenever he has made a statement such as that, it is always the first that anyone has heard of whatever nonsense claim he has just talked about. Nobody has ever been heard to be saying anything about any of his claims until he's made them.

The line "A lot of people are saying..." is itself a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,045 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So, we are down to this level of discourse. Red meat to the base, no basis to the accusation, just throw around tropes..

As someone put it in the replies...

They really love mentioning Communism, despite not knowing what it actually means. Joe the Communist should set up a gulag and send her packing there the absolute nutjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

To be honest after the last few years and seeing the $hite that is going on in the US I think they are past the point of no return and the country is completely F*cked.

The rhetoric being spouted is literally I will do whatever it takes to regain power and Fck the country and I am looking after my own interests. people are way too far gone to be able to have a proper discussion on things.

The country has applied the Gun rhetoric to every other part of their lives now and are digging their heels in no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

It's like there is some part of their sacred constitution that enshrines the right to their own reality and "facts" over actual reality and facts. Don't know how they are a functional country anymore.

The fact that disgusting, dumb and dangerous individuals like Boebert and Mad Marge can be elected now just sums up far the country has fallen. It's absolutely shocking that that they are sitting in Congress.

At the time the call was made, Trump was getting reports of varying issues that brought him concerns over the legitimacy of the election in Georgia. SUBSEQUENT investigations showed his concerns were unfounded, but that doesn’t change the fact that at the time he had valid concerns, and if any or all of the reports he had been receiving were true, a discussion with the Georgia election official was not improper.

We're all experts on history after the fact, but only the honest look at things from a historical perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,269 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Re-read your post, but replace the word "reports" with "tweets", because that's what actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Jesus Christ I can’t believe that someone thinks that he was just misled at the time but has since learnt the truth, because that would be acceptable if he had in the meantime expressed that he was wrong not continued to beat the drum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Look at the things Trump claimed on the call.

He started off by claiming that he "must have won" because of the size of his rallies

So we’ve spent a lot of time on this, and if we could just go over some of the numbers, I think it’s pretty clear that we won. We won very substantially in Georgia. You even see it by rally size, frankly. We’d be getting 25-30,000 people a rally, and the competition would get less than 100 people. And it never made sense.

Then he moves on to "Forged Signatures"

We have at least 2 or 3 — anywhere from 250 to 300,000 ballots were dropped mysteriously into the rolls. Much of that had to do with Fulton County, which hasn’t been checked. We think that if you check the signatures — a real check of the signatures going back in Fulton County — you’ll find at least a couple of hundred thousand of forged signatures of people who have been forged. And we are quite sure that’s going to happen.

Then he claims that 50,000 plus people were "turned away at the polling booths"

Another tremendous number. We’re going to have an accurate number over the next two days with certified accountants. But an accurate number will be given, but it’s in the 50s of thousands — and that’s people that went to vote and they were told they can’t vote because they’ve already been voted for. And it’s a very sad thing. They walked out complaining. But the number’s large. We’ll have it for you. But it’s much more than the number of 11,779 that’s — the current margin is only 11,779. Brad, I think you agree with that, right? That’s something I think everyone — at least that’s a number that everyone agrees on.

Then he rambles on about how other Republicans won but he didn't which means he must have won

And I know you would like to get to the bottom of it, although I saw you on television today, and you said that you found nothing wrong. I mean, you know, and I didn’t lose the state, Brad. People have been saying that it was the highest vote ever. There was no way. A lot of the political people said that there’s no way they beat me. And they beat me. They beat me in the . . . As you know, every single state, we won every state. We won every statehouse in the country. We held the Senate, which is shocking to people, although we’ll see what happens tomorrow or in a few days.

And we won the House, but we won every single statehouse, and we won Congress, which was supposed to lose 15 seats, and they gained, I think 16 or 17 or something. I think there’s a now difference of five. There was supposed to be a difference substantially more. But politicians in every state, but politicians in Georgia have given affidavits and are going to that, that there was no way that they beat me in the election, that the people came out, in fact, they were expecting to lose, and then they ended up winning by a lot because of the coattails. And they said there’s no way, that they’ve done many polls prior to the election, that there was no way that they won.

Then we got the "Dead People"

The other thing, dead people. So dead people voted, and I think the number is close to 5,000 people. And they went to obituaries. They went to all sorts of methods to come up with an accurate number, and a minimum is close to about 5,000 voters.

Then "Burning Ballots" , which even he says "may not be True"

The bottom line is, when you add it all up and then you start adding, you know, 300,000 fake ballots. Then the other thing they said is in Fulton County and other areas. And this may or may not be true . . . this just came up this morning, that they are burning their ballots, that they are shredding, shredding ballots and removing equipment. They’re changing the equipment on the Dominion machines and, you know, that’s not legal.

And they supposedly shredded I think they said 300 pounds of, 3,000 pounds of ballots. And that just came to us as a report today. And it is a very sad situation.

He then rambles on about the same things in multiple other States , 220k more votes than people in PA , 139% turnout in Detroit and 18k Dead people in Michigan

Raffensberger then replies and goes through each one and calls them out for the Horsesh!t that they were, except he had actual facts and data instead on chat room conspiracy theories

Trump then responds , basically ignoring all the facts he's jsut been provided and goes back to claiming his Rallies mean he couldn't have lost

And I could tell you by our rallies. I could tell you by the rally I’m having on Monday night, the place, they already have lines of people standing out front waiting. It’s just not possible to have lost Georgia. It’s not possible. When I heard it was close, I said there’s no way.

It goes on and on like this with Raffensberger providing evidence supported by facts and data and Trump ignoring that and repeating his bulls!t.

Trump then suggested that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the FBI who investigated all the calims of dead people etc. were either incompetent or lying when they found no proof

Well, there’s no way they could — then they’re incompetent. They’re either dishonest or incompetent, okay?

And round it round it goes Facts on one side and Trump saying "We've heard XYZ" on the other. Not a shred of evidence , not an iota of actionable information , just rambling tripe.

Followed by the infamous

So what are we going to do here, folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break. You know, we have that in spades already. Or we can keep it going, but that’s not fair to the voters of Georgia because they’re going to see what happened, and they’re going to see what happened.

Read the whole thing yourselves , it's like a parent arguing with Kids over whether they can watch the late movie.

It's pathetic.

Advertisement