Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dermotp

Pique,thanks for your reply,that certainly answers my question,

Can anyone give me the physical outside demensions of the Hosqvarna 305 docking station,it,s not in the manual,the only dimensions is for the automower itsef.

I haven't purchased the 305 yet that's why I don't know the demensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Serious amount of rain today and yesterday, garden is fairly water logged and the mower wheels have been losing traction while turning so have been digging the surface, grass is in bits!

Think I'll hold off for a while...

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KayoOhio

I did this for Trick-or-Treating. Took the blades off and made a playpen of sorts to keep a bit of distance from excited kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭k mac

have a husqvarna 430 mower for about 3 years and have had my first small problem, one of the front castor wheels some how fell off i found it in the lawn one day. Anyone any experience of putting them back in, is a easy job or would i need to bring it to a dealer to fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

i want to be ready for next spring and perhaps grab a sale price over the winter months.

Around half an acre of grass over 2 lawns. Where do I start in terms of picking a mower?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭murfler

I have read most of the 112 pages. Latest opinion is likely to be of the most value however. Wouldn’t do any harm to split some of these threads either.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Half acre is just over 2000 Sq Metres, so the Husqvarna 430X would be the dearer model to cover your land area. You have to factor in slopes and guide wires as well. If you have the chance pop down to a local dealer and bleed them for info, if they are any good you will probably deal with them s well. I bought Husqvarna 450X myself, as needed that model at the time, very few others on the market at the time that ticked the boxes and have to say even though they are more expensive they are reliable, gave me little trouble and what trouble they did gave was covered by warranty with no quibbles.

Will keep an eye on the price of the 430X! Will check out the 450

😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Easy enough, no need to replace the axle I assume, which would be major job. Spares parts available online, and the likes of GPL will supply

Honda Miimo 520, anyone using this one, seems the next closest to the husq

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

Have purchased a Husqvarna 430X and just wondering what's the most precise distance to locate the boundary wire from the kerb where I have the kerbing as shown that minimizes the area uncut area coupled with getting as close to the edge without the auto-mower wheels tipping over the edge. And do I measure from the inside or outside of the top of the kerb.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭blackbox

You should have got a guide/ template for this with it. Maybe it was printed on the box it came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

Thanks for that . Yes I got the guide embedded in the lid of the box. There's actually two of them, one for imperial and the other metric. Marks at 10cm, 30cm & 35cm. Just wondering what's the most precise distance for my scenario above. Plan on burying the wire so would like to get it right first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

Similar age and similar problem. Part number needed is 576019302. Only abut €2. I also broke a bearing and had to replace the front rubber tyres. Had trouble finding somewhere that had all parts available. Used wolfswinkel website in Holland. Delivery was a bit saucy at €17 for €30 worth of parts but arrived in a couple of days where husqvarna here couldn’t give an estimated timeframe. It was middle of the summer so needed them fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sheikht

Hi,

I have recently bought organic fertilizers from an online store. Can anyone tell me the best tool to spread fertilizers?

How difficult is burying them? Is there a tool? Or just a spade? I have a looooong perimeter for a spade!

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭micks_address

Any black Friday deals going on mowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

I wouldn’t bother. Just pin it on the surface. It’s surprising how fast it gets pulled in to the ground. After a couple of weeks you’d be hard pushed to find it

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sheepless

Bit of a longshot, but has anyone a Flymo 1200R charging station they don't need and would be will to sell it?

I've used 1200R for 5 years but the charging station has given up the ghost.

anyone got any idea what uptake on robot lawnmowers is like? Seems a no brainer for an awful lot of lawns. But not that popular?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Anyone still chopping away ? boys have been in about 4 weeks now but the week looks dry so was thinking of letting them stretch their legs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Always finish up in late Nov/early Dec and not back out then until early March.

Last cut this year was on Dec 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Anyone see any good deals on 800-1000m2 mowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CowSniffer

Best I've seen is the Gardena Sileno 1000m @799e.

The McCulloch Rob 1000 used to be really cheap at like 700 - 750e from NorthxSouth but its out of stock and they have a price nearly at 1100e at this point on the website.

You'd be hardpushed to find much better. I've been keeping an eye on some websites and it looks like no one has stock. Maybe the shortage on chips is impacting robomowers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭staples7

did, pointless exercise burying them. They bury themselves over months and years. also much easier to pull up when required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Those were the very 2 I was looking at. CoopSuperstores are out of stock. I rang them to find out what stores had one and was told they have none till sometime in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

I have one of these Gardena Sileno mowers and would not recommend it, the blades are constantly wedged with grass whenever I check it -- it seems be a very poor design. Also the charging station electrical housing is very poorly designed, its just snap together plastic pieces with no weather seals or strips whatsoever and the electrical connections have started corroding after less than 1 year.

Advertisement