Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Valley Park

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Mardyke wrote: »
    You'll be delighted to hear Ann Doherty will be around for another 3 years....

I'm not blaming any one person, honestly. There's a wider cultural issue.
    The Council's actions and attitudes are just a symptom of a much deeper malaise. A topic for a different thread of course.

And I must also say that I think that this bridge (even though I expect a 1.5m wide hack-job) will be a very big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

This confuses me, if the council need extra room for footpaths why not take it from the council owned property on the direct opposite side of the road?

Not to be a negative nelly but nothing about this entire process has made sense. Also those trees behind the Christ King fence should get their affairs in order...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭opus

Nice gesture by the school. It amazes me that this still hasn't been sorted out as that entrance is on the masterplan that the council published in 2012! Did they think it was just going to magically appear one day or something? Having said that there was no problem opening the pedestrian entrance when the parkrun was on there. In case people have forgotten that was stopped as it was too popular :(

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Saw a track excavator at the gate this evening and a roadworks sign at the dosco estate entrance. Is it finally happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Works start Monday. Should take a week to sort out Half Moon Lane.

That's what I heard thru the p+p club last weekend anyway.

No access via the lane before 6pm each day next week. Special access via the park itself while works ongoing.

Ludo wrote: »
    Works start Monday. Should take a week to sort out Half Moon Lane.

That's what I heard thru the p+p club last weekend anyway.

No access via the lane before 6pm each day next week. Special access via the park itself while works ongoing.

Great news. How no pedestrian entrance there got through the design/planning stages is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

jackrussel wrote: »
    Great news. How no pedestrian entrance there got through the design/planning stages is beyond me

Just passed there now. Big sign up saying major roadworks starting 28th June... expect delays

Update...now expected to take up to 3 weeks.

Stop & Go all this week due to the junction upgrade on south Douglas road, 800 - 1800.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Well, that's good news!

Finally the parkrun is coming back, it's only been 6+ years!

https://corkrunning.blogspot.com/2022/05/the-5k-parkrun-in-tramore-valley-park.html

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

New footbridge opened to public today

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

A friend on annual leave walked it today and sent me some photos. Looks great!! Big credit to the City Council here.

Next the section of South Douglas Road between Half Moon Lane and Capwell Road (extremely wide) could do with a two way cycle lane, then works on Capwell Road to make it suitable for cyclists to connect to the Southern Road cycle lane into town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Pedestrian/cycle access from Blackash is badly needed too. Needs another bridge I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

The N27 and N40, while both amazing for Cork car transport, have done a lot to damage the connectivity by foot to different areas of the city southside. Hopefully this new bridge is just the start of works to address that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Advertisement