Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Xpw event was last night and they drew very low crowd attendance.

Interesting turnout as on one hand you can say xpw is an indy who ran for a short time 20 years ago and it's not like the name became massively more known in the time since. So low attendance isn't shocking.

On the other, they are just off from getting a nice little promotion from darkside of the ring. Sure having an entire episode based on it says something.

But appears not that many were interested in buying a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,496 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Judy Bagwell passed away aged 78. RIP.

Judy will always be a remembered part of the history of WCW as former tag champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Registered Users Posts: 85,861 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,149 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

In Keith Lee's statement about his release he said he paid all his medical bills...

I paid all my medical bills from the many offices and machines I frequented. There is positivity in that. And, I do find it amusing that people believe anyone but me paid for my medical expenses.

WWE have denied that in a statement this evening...

WWE issued the following statement regarding recent comments made by Keith Lee, who was released on 11/4:

"Keith Lee’s recent comments implying WWE failed to pay his medical bills are erroneous.

WWE has an extensive healthcare program for the medical care of its in-ring performers and Mr. Lee was part of this program while with the company.

Should Mr. Lee have any concerns over the payment of medical bills, he is welcome to address them with WWE."

Lee seems like a good guy and WWE are well-known twats but when have they ever hit back at a released talent talking shít about them? Truth in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah say what you will about WWE they've generally not been accused of failing to pay medical bills. Having said that if said bills were for counselling etc I could imagine them not paying. The devil is in the detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

You'd think there's truth in it because if it's not you'd think WWE would possibly have grounds to take legal action for defamation maybe.

Only my two cents.... but Keith Lee comes off as a liar on this one.

Jinder Mahal has landed a role on ABC’s Big Sky tv series

• Advertisement

Michael Cole on pat McAfee's show randomly appeared in my YouTube playlist (not sure why, never listed to it before :P !) But I click into it and listen to the first minute.

Cole says:

"But the bottom line is this the secret to longevity, not only in WWE but in any job, is to do what they want you to do.[...] alot of people reach out on social media or talk about it on the internet - 'michael cole should go into business for himself, he should talk about this' etc. Listen, if you work at McDonalds and they ask you to make a Big Mac and you make a Quarter Pounder you are going to get fired. It's simple. You ask me to do something I am going to do it. That's my job. I tell people at the end of the day i'm an actor and [...] we have a script we have to follow [...] I am a fake announcer, for a scripted sport, that uses a fake name and that's how I have gotten through 25 years of my career"

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'd forgotten Michael Cole wasn't his real name. I couldn't get used to calling him anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,958 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Stupid to drop his last name. Angel doesn't exactly sound like a WWE superstar name.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bully Ray and Velvet Sky have broken up

WWE is losing it's TV in Japan as the channel that airs all it's shows will not be renewing it's contract when it ends in January next year.

There is no reports of the WWE trying to find another channel to deal with there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If it leads to nick khan been shown up to not what the **** he’s doing then maybe some good will come out of the unfortunate situation for Japanese wwe fans.

Netflix and Pizza hut show Nick Khan knows exactly what he doing and what he is paid a lot of money to do by the board of the WWE.

The US TV money is where the WWE care about.

TV money from around the world is chump change to the WWE even losing SKY in the UK which was there second biggest market for TV revenue to BT for something like less than 25% of what SKY were paying for it had little effect on there pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,033 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It feels like they are the 3rd biggest American Wrestling Promotion at this point, they seem to get alot more buzz about them compared to Impact

I'm not (just) saying this to **** on the backyard stuff but the pandemic ending (hopefully) is releasing a ton of demand for all kinds of entertainment. While I think most companies are benefitting together from this demand it'll be interesting who can actually build something that'll still be around in 5-10 years time. AEW seem to be taking some advantage and I may actually start watching at some point. :P

Sasha Banks in an interview with Areil Helwani admits for the first time publicly that she did indeed as for her release in 2019 and Vince denied it and told her to take as much time off as she wanted till she was ready to come back.

Madusa says she will have a creative role at NWA Hard Times 2

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

For a guy who barely talked for 30 years in public he really is shilling the fcuk out of himself this past year on podcast tv shows etc.

The latest is doing a podcast with Kevin Hart in a bloody ice bath.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He’s dead right too. Time to get the endorsements and money rolling in. He’s retired time to enjoy all the deals companies will throw at him.

• Just goes to show how seriously he took the wrestling business.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If the Saudi money wasn’t enough to get him back this year he’s definitely done.

Advertisement