Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Raw has definitely got a 'fresh' feel following the draft (it's mainly down to having a new and more importantly face champ with loads of new feud opportunities imo), definitely got the better side of things in the draft. Like the Smackdown women's division is now absolute pants with the departure of, well, the entire female roster with the exception of Sasha. Roman has frig all credible challengers now as well aside from McIntyre and Brock, who is part time.

Raw is still not great but it's improving. Main event was great. Rollins as the only heel I think is the right choice, they haven't pulled the trigger on heel Balor yet (though I think it might be around the corner) so the match with Big E wouldn't work at the moment. Anyways they're probably going to park all of this contender stuff to focus on Survivor Series shortly so I guess enjoy it while it lasts?

Bianca sort of has to win next week though doesn't she. She's racking up some amount of big match losses since Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is the most entertaining Rollins has been in years, his Rick James home invasion was hilarious.

Also the best dressed man in wrestling right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I do enjoy his outfits and he can wrestle, no doubt. I just cant warm to him.

Felt the home invasion was very weak, hes no Dave Chappelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What did Liv say to Corey? And speaking of Liv, I'm confused about what they're doing with her. Why keep giving Carmella wins over her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Starting at 12 our time tonight. Becky v Bianca opens the show apparently. Which doesn't bode well for any kind of proper finish to the match.

Yeah, though who's likely to interfere? Queen Zelina and Carmella?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Cue a tag match made during the break, followed by 'how can these two co-exist?'

That's a novel concept. You know what'd be a great idea some time too is if they made two feuding superstars into the tag team champions for a short while!

I think they'll be daring and go for a double count out or *gasp* a roll-up win.

• Advertisement

It'd be funny if they had Becky win in under 26 seconds this time. Obviously completely, insanely stupid but funny nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,974 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Theory going for Orton V 2.0

So Liv Morgan is stepping up even though she loses to Carmella every week?

Is Zelina trying to do an English accent at times. She seems to start then stop.

Think the camera zoomed out too far at the end of the Rey backstage interview since we saw Kevin standing with his feet apart like that, which we've heard before is to make the interviewers appear shorter.

Speaking of Rey, the ref for his match should do more matches since he sees things happening even when he's not looking. He wouldn't have seen Dominik hit Theory.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He didn’t see it but he heard the thunderous slap 😂😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Liv tease is a bit daft given the Bianca Becky saga is clearly not over. And with Survivor Series in a couple of weeks feuds are going to go on the back burner anyways. The Big E/Kevin axis of "can they co-exist" is going to get annoying too. Turning Owens heel might actually be the best option though I guess it depends on his contract situation, isn't it up in December?

A better than usual Raw but thats a low bar.

Becky v Bianca was an fine TV match. Nothing spectacular.

But the usual crap makes Raw unwatchable. Same awful, sanitised production. Camera cuts at a rate of 40 per min. Awful, lazy booking all over the show.

No matter how talented a roster they have or how long a match gets, the same issues persist

I'd like Becky to bury Liv just for the online reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Skimmed it, seemed like a decent enough Raw compared to usual.

Becky/Bianca was a good match. I really do wonder if this has done anything for Bianca though, Becky is still being cheered like crazy even when she's a heel. Did like the main event if it was another meh ending. Big E not trusting Kevin Owens was great, especially when we were expecting the turn.

Liv as the contender is ridiculous. I like Liv but they've spent the last few weeks making her look a total loser, no forethought what so ever.

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

Wrestling Inc

WWE has announced just one match for tonight’s show and that’s Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens.

It’s expected that Bobby Lashley will be back in the storylines with tonight’s show. He has not appeared on TV since losing to WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg at Crown Jewel, but he did return to action at the recent WWE live events in England, and just lost to WWE Champion Big E at Saturday’s show in London.

The arena is advertising Big E and RAW Tag Team Champions Randy Orton and Riddle vs. Lashley, AJ Styles and Omos for tonight’s show, plus RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seth WTF are you wearing

SD colours too

What a coincidence that Liv won after confronting Becky last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rollins is some *** but so entertaining, yet another Heel turn for KO it looks like

Wonder is this the start of a Rey/Dominik 'Why us ?' type storyline. TBH Lashley is a better person to have on your team than Dominik

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

2 live posts and 2 posts after the show (excluding mine as I didn't watch it so can't comment)...and it's now wednesday!

This has got to be an all time low!

Well we know Adam Pearce wants Team Raw Men to win at SS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Boards ratings are an all time low.

But then again are we even in the key demographic to matter.

Advertisement