Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Options
1190191192193194196»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I know most here will probably know about it already but God oF War coming to PC in January. Excellent game. Throughly enjoyed it on the Playstation. Might even wait till its cheap on PC and buy it again for a second playthrough

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just saw this on Twitter. Didn't think it worth a whole thread. It looks amazing but I'm not getting a console for it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Has anyone managed to buy off the US version of the Epic Games store? Just noticed that my account is setup with my location as the US, used to be a euro account but changed somehow a couple of years ago. I’ve added all of the free games to my US account.

It was only when I went to add a credit card that I had the problem. I know that I can request for my billing location to be updated, but am half paranoid they’ll wipe my freebie games. Also, the prices on the US store are a bit cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm really surprised that I'm quite liking COD Vanguard MP so far

Anybody else playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone here using any of the recent Glorious models of mice? Just wondering how their QC is these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have the glorious model O, but it developed a known cable issue after a month or so.

I was expecting this as overclockers fucked me over bigtime with it.

overclockers didnt want to know despite telling me i was getting the model with the upgraded cables setup.

Glorious were fantastic to deal with , they sent out replacement cables complete with video guide how to fit it and replacement sliders on bottom of mouse.

They also said if i fcuked up the procedure they would look after me.

Incredible mouse by the way.

You never know how good an ultra light mouse is until you try one.

Thanks, man - good customer care goes a long way with me these days! Not surprised about OCUK though... they're really gone down in my estimation the last few years.

I'm leaning towards the D wireless as my favourite mice of the past have tended to be ergos.

What's their software like? Do you even need to use it?

I dont use any software its normally seen as bloatware for these high performance mice.

Same with my previous one the final mouse.

I have two mice connected to my pc the model O- for fps games and then a logitech G502 for general abuse like arpg games that require much clicking :P

Yeah, hate having to install stuff just to change basic settings. Think I'll pull the trigger this evening, thanks again!

Enjoy

• Advertisement

Escape from Tarkov having its yearly black friday sale for anyone who might have been thinking of getting it

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Epic have now added a shopping cart to it's store. So no need to "purchase" the free games 1 at a time any more. There were times it would've been handy, when there was free DLC with a game.

Cannot bloody wait!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Space Marine 2 and Homeworld 3, don't give a shout about anything else announced.

I'll be keeping fingers crossed (but preparing for disappointment) for Dune as well.

If they just keep SM2 simpleish and true to the source material I think they could be ok. Need to neuter my expectations but at the same time pretty happy to see a new space marine game.

Games Workshop have really let some terrible games be licensed,let's hope this isn't one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭Homelander

The first Space Marine was amazing fun. Even the multiplayer was a blast, back in 2011 I moved into a new place and for the first 2 weeks I had this crappy 3G modem thing that was painfully slow.

Most of the usual games I played like Battlefield, COD, etc didn't work very well, I ended up playing Space Marine online every night for several hours for about 10 days straight sitting on a bean bag on a huge empty room in front of a 28" TV.

Since I saw the free Witcher from GOG through GOG Galaxy, I decided to finally mess around with Galaxy. So now have GOG, Steam, Epic, UPlay, Origin and PSN all in one place. So now I get to see all the games I'm not playing at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Being playing Death Stranding again. Still cant decide if its a masterpeice or just bat sh1te crazy... It amazing how a game can do this..

Out of curiosity, I decided to see how long it would take to complete my Steam library

We matched 299 of 299 games       

Remaining Total

132 Days 2 Hours 152 Days 11 Hours

Of course can take out completed games, bundle bloat and duplicates like Bioshock also in there as Bioshock Remastered and I should only have about 130 days remaining. 🙄

So should be done by end of year.

• Advertisement

I've a library of similar size yet do look at it and feel I've nothing to play:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

I've set up a dedicated PCVR discussion thread in the Virtual Reality forum as the old ones were split between Rift and Vive etc....

Don't forget to follow if you're a PCVR enthusiast!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Falling Frontier is looking amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Was going to buy Gollum to play on my Asus ROG strix i7 2019 gaming laptop.

However I won't now, after seeing a poor review on YouTube.

60 euro for the ordinary game, or 70 snots for the precious edition: this already smells like poo.

And in the game, gollum breeds birds. And deals with a Candle making merchant. And an old man with a beard that rises every time the man speaks.

Anyway my venerable rig is getting a bit old so Ill give the thing a miss

EDIT: Developers apologize after customer backlash

BBC News - Gollum: Game mocked as developers Daedalic Entertainment issue apology

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65765517

Post edited by z80CPU on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've got something weird going on. Total War: Warhammer III has been alternating between patching and validating for 3-4 days now. It's getting irritating.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement