Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'll pick up a PS5 at some point, maybe when they release a smaller one and drop the price a bit. I will get one but no rush. I enjoyed the hell out of a lot of the PS4 exclusives. I see absolutely no point in getting an Xbox given they release everything on PC and on GamePass.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone who doesn't have 2 Factor Authentication setup for their accounts, best do it.
    I logged into my Ubisoft account and my login history showed failed attempts from Kenya and Vietnam.
    Whether they got past the password stage or not I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

I seem to be getting hit left right and centre with attempted log on's these days. Nintendo account hacked from Spain just after Christmas, 250euro swiped. :(. Got it back off Paypal though :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Glebee wrote: »
    I seem to be getting hit left right and centre with attempted log on's these days. Nintendo account hacked from Spain just after Christmas, 250euro swiped. :(. Got it back off Paypal though :D.

that was a saved credit card? Was thinking of doing that on my Nintendo account as it's a hassle having to pull out the card each time, but now I won't change it :eek:

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For anyone who doesn't have 2 Factor Authentication setup for their accounts, best do it.
    I logged into my Ubisoft account and my login history showed failed attempts from Kenya and Vietnam.
    Whether they got past the password stage or not I don't know.

Nice spot... had someone with Delhi belly try to login to mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

mrcheez wrote: »
    that was a saved credit card? Was thinking of doing that on my Nintendo account as it's a hassle having to pull out the card each time, but now I won't change it :eek:

I was lucky because the account its linked to is an old account I have that only had the 250 in it with no overdraft facility or anything. If it was linked to a credit card they would have maxed out the limit:eek: Ive since enabled 2FA. Also because I had Paypal as the middle man they were very quick to spot the fraud and refunded very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Glebee wrote: »

By 'hacked' you mean they guessed your password or they fooled the reset form?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

By 'hacked' you mean they guessed your password or they fooled the reset form?

The odd hack is involved at times, but then it's more that a person used those same account details on literally every site they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Once had my blizz account "hacked", as the user had guessed my "where were you born" question - and your location was displayed on your profile. Clever blizz!

They could do all this without any authentication. Great system Blizz!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Boo seems like three credit cant be used on Epic store now, grrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Boo seems like three credit cant be used on Epic store now, grrrr

Ah that's a load of balls!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yay i guess? Read the article and still no idea if all the main games in the series are included...not that i expect i'll play any of them.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/kingdom-hearts-is-coming-to-pc-as-an-epic-store-exclusive/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Kiith wrote: »
    Yay i guess? Read the article and still no idea if all the main games in the series are included...not that i expect i'll play any of them.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/kingdom-hearts-is-coming-to-pc-as-an-epic-store-exclusive/
    Definitely yay for me, been meaning to play them for years and had that collection in my PS Wishlist before they did their recent dumb.

Also, to prempt Retro's complaining...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Oh, fúck off Epic. Seriously, just go away so we can go back to having games available in all storefronts.

Also €230, they're having a bleedin' laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Good to get them on PC but the story is an absolute mess and for me vs Final Fantasy the story is very important to the enjoyment of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gizmo wrote: »
    Definitely yay for me, been meaning to play them for years and had that collection in my PS Wishlist before they did their recent dumb.

Also, to prempt Retro's complaining...

If you watch that video and still want to play Kingdom Hearts then book yourself into a mental institute.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you watch that video and still want to play Kingdom Hearts then book yourself into a mental institute.
    To be fair, once I finish Transistor I'll be jumping into MGS: Peace Walker and then with a couple of indies in between, MGSV and yet...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well Metal Gear isn't just story. There's some great gameplay systems that are fun to mess around with and level/mission design (unless it's MGS4). MGS PW and V are well worth playing.

KH on the other hand doesn't even have good gameplay to make up for the story. It's mash X to win. Well the first one has some ok boss battles but that goes out the window after that.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well Metal Gear isn't just story. There's some great gameplay systems that are fun to mess around with and level/mission design (unless it's MGS4). MGS PW and V are well worth playing.

KH on the other hand doesn't even have good gameplay to make up for the story. It's mash X to win. Well the first one has some ok boss battles but that goes out the window after that.
    Ah, I've heard little of the gameplay in KH tbh, it's mainly just been intense criticism of the story and characters. Will be playing it for science really, happy I can at least just get the original on the PC and not have to buy into the full collection if I bounce off it.

I do joke about MGS, definitely looking forward to those two and they'll hopefully be a nice palate cleanser after 4. There's only so many times I can play Revengeance for that :pac:

PW is great until you decide to go for the true ending.... You'll be fighting the similar variations of the same tank and helicopter over and over and it turns into a crap monster hunter clone. Should have focused on the stealth. MGSV is basically all the good stuff of PW in an open world. So good.

I did enough KH at the time of release but even then I had issues with it, and I really doubt it will hold up if I go back to it. KH2 I've tried multiple times but get so bored I never finish it. The only one that's actually fun in anyway is Birth by Sleep, another Nomura disaster that was saved by the team that saved FF15 from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

How do you people deal with - I'm just gonna call it "mouse mat burn" on the wrist? I've switched to a larger mouse mat and thus a lower DPI (so my movements are much larger in area), but Christ, my wrist is reddening up every time I finish playing.

How do you people deal with - I'm just gonna call it "mouse mat burn" on the wrist? I've switched to a larger mouse mat and thus a lower DPI (so my movements are much larger in area), but Christ, my wrist is reddening up every time I finish playing.

Literally never suffered from this. Must be how I hold the mouse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Never had it either. I'd guess you need to raise the sensitivity of the mouse so you don't need to move your wrist as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,812 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you buy a mouse mat or a sheet of sandpaper? Never had any type of reddening from a mouse mat. Maybe it's just a poor quality one or your wrist is rubbing off the stitched edge of the mat?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I use a mouse that doesn't need a mat, and I use a silicon wrist support that sits on my desk.

mouse mat with gel wrist support is what you need

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I keep the mouse near the edge of the desk so my palm takes the punishment, not the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you buy a mouse mat or a sheet of sandpaper? Never had any type of reddening from a mouse mat. Maybe it's just a poor quality one or your wrist is rubbing off the stitched edge of the mat?

This is the mouse mat I bought. Photo isn't mine.

81RXCZoLXBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I play with a low dps, so I use a lot of the mat space
    I use a mouse that doesn't need a mat, and I use a silicon wrist support that sits on my desk.

Only just spotted your comment after I posted the reply above.

I was thinking maybe I'll just buy something to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Is it the stitching part that irritates you, GB?

• Advertisement

I have that exact mat in work and i don't get any irritation. I would say it's your skin that's the problem. I've seen pro gamers wear a sleeve like thing that would help. No idea where to get one though.

Advertisement