Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy and Hector Podcast

Options

Comments

What happened with her?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Tommy's mother committed suicide about 15 years ago.

Ah right. Didn’t know that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Her sister too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

There was a bit in one of the earlier podcasts about digging her up in the dead of night with his brothers, burning her remains and spreading the ashes on slievenamon. Mad story

• Advertisement

Hector got a brown envelope from the antique shop, that’s for sure,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 father_buzz_cagney

So only just got into the pod, it's a great listen at times. Actually think Laurita is decent and well able for the two lads, but the constant talking about the farming, the GAA and Knockmore is a bit tiring now. that charity single was absolute cringe. Going through the episodes from the start, which one was it that was causing the controversy, the episode from Knockmore where Tommy was being a rude prick about Ballina?

Also am I wrong in thinking, some of the content is a bit, well.... kinda racist. 'North African pricks' story springs to mind as well as the 'comedy' accents of Africans and indians, not comfortable with that...

"did they go in through the vagina? "

Lol, Tommy not the anatomy expert

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Do you reckon Tommy was saying those things because of his hatred for other races?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah. Not sure why doing an accent is racist. Plus Tommy actually lived in Nigeria so maybe he just does a really good impersonation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Been disappointed with the last few podcasts. Seems like filler stuff that didn't make the cut for previous episodes.

I hadn't listened to a podcast in a while, yesterday's offering wasn't great tbh. Again only for Hector they would have nothing of interest to talk about. Tommy just comes across as a creep, he always has to crowbar in some bit of cheap humour involving his sexual escapades from years gone by followed by a fake shocked reaction from Laurita...sad!!Laurita's efforts to be the bold woman bossing the guards around and demanding lifts home, seriously!! I felt embarrassed for her, she made an awful plonker out of herself yesterday. This woman isn't far off 40 and she sounds and acts like someone in their early 20s and what's all the secrecy about her "lover/partner" he is never referred to by name. They really need to bring guests on now or wrap it up. Glad I stopped paying for the bonus episode!🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Maybe the partner is someone well known to the public ...

Think my humour level is low, i thought the bit about "sucking the tits off her" was hilarious. Also the salmon of knowledge bit. Everyone in navan has bradán feasa, the chippers sell it in batter.

I have seen some previous comments online about one particular person, but I find it hard to believe....

Each to their own I guess...thought it was a bit too crass tbh, especially two married fathers in their mid 50s😏

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Hectors story about being in Bulgaria was brilliant, as Tommy said, the guy can tell a story

Totally agree, it was excellent, without Hector they wouldn't have a podcast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hector is doing all the heavy lifting recently - Tommy & Lurita contributing next to nothing most weeks other than encouraging him to tell more hit and miss stories about his current and/or past travels escapades.

Lurita badly needs to go on a girls holiday to Ibiza for a week or something to generate content.

Anyway, the pod is slipping down my listening list rapidly - what is the subscription episode like?

Odd episode today. After 3 ads in the opener they just swung into Hector talking about awaiting a Covid clearance pass to travel from Serbia via Turkey and onto Dublin. It took them a while to get around to saying Hector had contacted Covid when in Belgrade. It was disjointed episode when it could've been far more coherent and interesting.

Was it talked about in one of the previous paid episodes?

Laurita's whingey interjections are making it almost unlistenable for me. She badly needs to start bringing something to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The £750 story was brilliant. Great delivery from hector

"The second time I rang simon coveney for help."

"the other was when you killed that hooker in China"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Beginning to think this podcast has run its course.

Between the ads (the funniest one was the one for the taxi app which was put directly after the segment of laurita telling the story of her trying to get the guards to drive her home) and the replication of stories. It really is the Hector show and tbh I was never a huge fan of his but his story telling is really keeping it alive.

I wouldnt even half consider paying for the bonus episode its gone so stale

The push for the merch is a bit constant too.

Tommy has some great rants but they're becoming hit and miss too. Describing the good looking young wan was a bit wtf

Laurita is just getting a bit whingey and where I thought she was a good anchor for the two lads before, can't see it now. Even the 'knockmore' craic has long since run its course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Hector's stories from Romania on the most recent episode were entertaining. He's the star of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

They're really good.

Maria and Nickolai!

I would agree but the donkey story about his newfound love for donkeys and how he felt something special when he hugged a donkey went on a bit long 😂

Curious to know if paid subscribers got fresh material over the Christmas?

I notice that over on the free ones they posted 2 "best ofs" in the last couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Haven't listened in ages and had an hour to kill so stuck on latest episode. Jesus it's fallen hard.

Laurita getting offended because some Tommy knows a lad who said Asian woman have softer skin than western women. (literally all I remember her contribution was)

Hector crowbaring "I was here" "I was there" into every segment was annoying. Only bit I enjoyed was Tommy calling him out on it. But like the Uncle from only fools and horses... "during the war..."

That was annoying but wtf is with Tiernan. He was like an horny terrier. Every story had some innuendo to it. I thought the talk about being a bull and going and riding cows even if they didn't want it was a bit odd, but never to be afraid to hit rock bottom he proceeded to a story about a goat raping a woman only to finish off with his philosophy studies contemplating what 8 and 12 year old girls must think about when they see a horse with a hard cock.

Advertisement