Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy and Hector Podcast

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

As described that sounds incredibly tedious and boring.

Perhaps, but I can't do TFTM justice by simply describing it in my own words; for someone to understand it and appreciate it, it needs to be listened to.

To poo-poo the THL podcast and use that as justification for why your suggested alternative is better falls flat straight away.

I'm merely giving my own, personal opinion of THL podcast. I used to like it, but not anymore. What I'm saying is TFTM is funny, and THL podcast isn't. My opinion.

Reading someone else's writing and cracking wise as you go sounds easy, but to do so on the fly in during organic conversation like THL is hard in comparison

You're talking about something you know nothing about. I've listened to both, so I know what I'm talking about. Both podcasts have "organic conversation", but TFTM is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Another fan of Top Flight Time Machine here too - got into it early on (via Athletico Mince) and find it hilarious.... especially the Deep Dives which almost never stay on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to bring this back for another season. They've flogged it to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Are people still listening to this rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nice one! It's back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

This was alright for about 3 episodes and then became samey. I find Tiernan is best enjoyed in very small doses.

Hector tries, but when tommy isn't in the mood it's hard to drag anything funny out of him. Just constant snipes disguised as "jokes".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'm fine with laurita tbh most of the time. In the last episode Hector was talking about getting in loads of steps, tommy seemed a bit jealous and keep interrupting him with really unfunny "jokes". Tommy and laurita kept doing an over the top fake loud laugh. That's when she annoys me. The rest of the show was good, Hectors story about lsd and a car crash in Bilbao was mad

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dee_888

I don't know why I listen to this podcast, I used to love it but I think it has run out of steam. I agree with other posters its very samey...Tommy dominates the whole show and Laurita is like his nasty little side kick with no thoughts or opinions of her own. She just parrots back everything Tommy says. They are both assholes to Hector, I think that is why he was so quiet on the Late Late, the dynamics of the trio are not good...This week again Tommy wants to talk about sex...come on people change the script. Get some intelligent ppl on as guests...its so dull now!! I am still scratching my head and the Laurita and Joe Brolly Union...wouldn't have put those two together!!

• Advertisement

the glamorous brunette...ya it's an odd one alright kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

The THL podcast is gone for eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭onrail

That was all very sudden. Was there any announcement on the final podcast?

Seems a bit strange that it was just quietly let go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I found it got very samey very quickly. Tiernan in particular is best enjoyed in small doses. I can there being more podcasts announcing they are wrapping up this year. Saturated market and not enough to differentiate most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They did well to knock 4 years out of it considering it's just the three of them sitting around having a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Sunjava

It had run out of steam...they spent most of the time picking on each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I used to love it around Autumn/Winter 2020. Kept the spirits up during hat bleak lockdown. Got old fairly quickly after that.

They made a few quid out of it so fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep that format has a short shelf life, im amazed it lasted as long as it did,

compare to smartless which is again 3 friends ragging on each other but they have a guest each week, gives it a lot more longevity.

They should start it up again, minus yer wan from Mayo.

Tommy to me comes across as a bit of an arsehole. While funny, and good craic, he seems a bit bit bitter at Hector sometimes. Interrupting stories that Hector is telling, and not in a funny way, more of a snide way.

I might be reading too much into it, but Tommy I think wants to be doing things Hector does (into gaa, horse racing, being able to do a bit of building etc) because that's what he imagines an auld lad in the country which he wants to be, should be into. Seems like he's a bit lost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement