Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭DvB

If you live in the home of hurling (isn't that right @Loughc 😆) then yep.... off to kilkenny for a few days.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yeah it is. We head down pretty regularly, we love it down there. I have family down there too so we hook up with them when we can as well. One of my cousins and his wife is coming in to meet us for dinner and a few drinks one of the nights so that should be nice, haven't seen them since before covid.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

You going to visit Woodstock gardens, while down here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I am not so much disappointed as I am blinded with rage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My plans for this Rudolph day will be assembling the cot and dresser in the newly painted nursery.

If anyone is interested in pitching in I pay in quality street 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I now have an image you on the ground surrounded by bits of wood, bolts and sweet wrappers 😂

& I suspect I know which will be finished first... (psst, its the tub of sweets! 😉)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Happy Rudolph day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Happy Rudolph Day Everyone!

It's mad how Rudolph Day seems to come around every ten days :)

10 of 11.... not long now folks.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone! 🦌 Completely forgot what date it is but will mark the day by having a chicken and stuffing sandwich for lunch 😄 hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend ☺️🎃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

It's also the day that a new episode of cant for Christmas podcast drops

Happy Rudolph day 🎅🧑‍🎄🤶🎄

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope everyone had a good Rudolph Day! It should always be a bank holiday. 😁

i definitely had Christmas on my mind last night. I dreamt that I forgot to do my Christmas food shopping and when I woke up I thought it was January until it dawned on me Christmas hasn’t happened yet. 😃😃

• Advertisement

Belated happy Rudolph day all. Been a mad one so totally slipped my mind. Might have a cheeky Bailys as off this week and only drink it at Christmas.

Hope all had a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I dreamt that I was tuning in Christmas fm on the car radio ha!

The next and last Rudolph day is the day before the toy show and the start of a 3 day weekend for me 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

Last Rudoph day of 2021 is coming up shortly

Got some Christmas shopping yesterday

The last Rudolph Day of the year is Thanksgiving day.

Has anyone told America? 🤔

We've reached the last Rudolph day of 2021.... have a good one folks!!

Last Rudolph Day of the year!!!!

Want to send everyone on the Christmas forum my very best wishes, you really do make the year go quicker and better by all the positivity on here.

Hope everyone has a great day and be very careful, it's a frosty one out there. ❄️

• Advertisement

Happy Rudolph Day all. Really can't believe we have reached the last one of the year!

This one is a bit different to the other for me as doing some type of Christmas related stuff pretty much every day now so dont have to go out of my way to do something Christmasy. Will probably be getting fake trees for playroom and hall out of boxes later and ready for decorating tomorrow.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone and what a beautiful morning to wake up to! Sun is shining, there was frost on the ground when walking the dogs and I badly missed my gloves and hat, winter is finally here!

Just hoping the rain stays away for the next couple of days so we can get our outdoor lights & decorations up! The cold is grand, its the rain that makes it difficult!!

Happy Rudolph Day! 😊

Like TRS said, not hard to do something Christmassy today. I'll put the finishing touches to the decorations, hang the stairs garland and I'm getting a Chinese take away later. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

Happy Rudolph Day everyone last one of 2021

11 more until Christmas 2022 😂

To celebrate I'm putting up my Christmas decorations

Nothing says Christmas like a Chinese 😂

Only joking, however who wants to cook over Christmas, other then the day itself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Today I had Christmas fm on in work all morning, singing and all, and I wore Christmas socks.

Also just bumped into my SIL in the supermarket so got chatting about Christmas plans (they're coming to us) and it all felt nice and normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Rudolph day everyone - one month to the big day 🎄

Off work tomorrow so seeing out the last Rudoplh day with a watching of Love Actually

I finished my Rudolph day off by putting up our wreath and all external lights. Feeling very festive now 😁

I've just the icicle lights to hang tomorrow and outside is done... thankfully.

• Advertisement

Happy Rudolph Day!!!! Wore my Christmas socks and hair scrunchie 😊 I can’t believe it’s the last one before the big day 🧑‍🎄🤶

Happy Rudolph Day everyone! Can't believe it's the last one of the year 😄🦌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

watched it a few days ago - great Movie 😀🎄

Just a heads up that the first of our Rudolph days for 2022 is tomorrow... so is christmas socks or turkey sambos on the cards for anyone tomorrow?

Hard to beleive this time one month ago, I was back from the butchers with turkey and ham in tow. While January has moved well this year, it feels alot longer than a month ago it was Christmas Eve.

The difference of speed from Nov 24th to Dec 24th and Dec 24th to Jan 24th is telling. Nov-Dec feels like 2 days, Dec-Jan felt like 2 months.

Has been a crazy month. Today feels like the first 'normal' day in ages, kids all in school, OH and I working and no Covid related issues to worry about.

Not sure what I'll do for tomorrow. A turkey, stuff and cranberry sambo sounds very tempting though.

I maybe wearing Christmas socks today in anticipation of tomorrow 😂

For me this has been the fastest January (albeit with a week still to go) in quite some time. Christmas doesn't seem that long ago to me funnily enough, though I suspect the 12 days isolating just switched my brain onto autopilot so I don't register them as full days or suchlike!! genuinely cant remember a January that breezed by this quickly without me reminiscing over the festive season just gone.

I think the mildness of the weather has been a factor too, it's not too cold to go outside, and with the mild days it feels like the evenings even got brighter, quicker.

I for one am not complaining that the most crappy month of the year is almost gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement