Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just to say as well I’m talking about north Leinster and west county dublin area.

maybe he is far more popular down in the “real capital” cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Not so popular with this Corkonian.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Strange as it might seem, I feel Halligan is sensible enough…..

Rex Ryan got a great plug…hmmmmm. … wonder if Rex and Ballsy have the same agent……..uhmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

What happened to that ballsy guy who wasn't afraid to have an opinion that went against the concensus from time to time all those years ago, where'd it all go wrong Brendan (edit.. the Brendan on the radio 😉) ?

Brendan is interviewing some gent saying if you reach 80 and have money to spare, it is really your onus to give it away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That was Jeffrey Archer former MP and author.

It's probably safe to say that his idea of spare money is a bit different to your average joe.

To be fair to him he is trying to do some good with the money.

I think older people in general tend to be good supporters of charities, within their personal financial limitations of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Trying to make amends before the big judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Brendan’s fear of litigation is getting way out of hand.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Reasonable chat about Alec Baldwin.

....and since we're still in the Pandemic we must get a poem... Click.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Absolutely brutal. Listen listen listen...followed by some "cast down" biddy wittering on about Covid.

Prior to that they were discussing the burden on Alec Baldwin, in that it will be talked about ad infinitum. And proceeds to talk about it ad infinitum.

Poor Bobby Kerr doesn't sound very well today, but I've resorted to him rather than stomach any more of that crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭archfi

The medical person on now is the clearest and non-stoking-up fear expert I've heard in ages.

I can almost hear BOC being a bit disgruntled that she is.

Here's Katie Hannon on to redress that balance.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

‘Nooze ‘Hannon will use every opportunity to have a cut at anyone not in opposition.

Will have the deck well stacked , just like auld Vinny back in the day.

Must listen to the Pod later.

Might be a good idea to give it a miss, B. No sense in getting yourself all “riled up” before bed.

Best you just finish that mug of Ovaltine and head on up. Maybe throw that pair ‘Billy Boxers’ in the bin, they’ve suffered enough. Can pick up another 3 pack in Guineys next time your passing.

Have to say, I wouldn’t mind Katie having a cut at me, if you know what I mean?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Could have something there E, I did listen to the Pod and it was Bobby Troy agin the field if I remember correctly.

Nooze jumped in whenever he was speaking and of course the Wexford one tried to dominate everything.

At least Aodháin tried to be a bit objective.

Ended in a shambles as usual as Nooze mismanaged the time yet again and had to cut them off

Wouldnt be throwing the Sloggies into the bin too rapid E, expensive kecks there, I always hold on to them till they are fully ‘perished’

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Have you ever ripped a new one in the older kecks?

Heheh have to really chortle at Ballsy this morning discussing the Opening of nightclubs and stuff.

For the last fohhking month RTE have been up front and central championing the Night Industry……top of every news bulletin, subject in almost every programme, spokespersons and industry leaders on speed dial.

Nothing seemed to matter to them (RTE) other than opening up the night clubs.

Now Ballsy seems to be rowing back on all this, now that the whacko has hit the fan.

I Will however give him credit for ripping the Norah one on being accused of being a ‘devils advocate’.

Ballsy hopped on her explaining he was not a “devils advocate” but putting a bit of balance to the show.

Hope Nooze Hannon was listening……………………………………… ummmm .😯

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Why is Beefy calling Thunberg Toonberry?

Those who caught the intro this morning will know what I mean.

Query replied to by BOC with some style.

Apparently it is the correct pronunciation.

ps.news to me too :-)

He’s talking bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

Enjoying Jay Rayner, stronger guests lately, the Christmas book market really gives BOC a boost

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

Good to have a comedian like Jack Dee on for a change, makes a change from the usual clowns who thinks they are so funny that they cant stop laughing at their own jokes,

I thought he pulled it off fairly well but I'm not sure is he trolling Greta, Pat Kenny, the listeners or all of the above?

Besides you say that about him every week anyway 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

One of his better shows today.

Thankfully, he has you to defend him so valiantly.

You know that not attacking isn't the same as defending ?

Besides, I'm sure the same lad is well able to defend himself.

Pat Kenny started that. He started saying it, and explaining why, but it just sounds ridiculous.

PK is like that. He loves winkling out little bits of detail and throwing them into the mix.

And here we are on a Saturday evening discussing the the deeper recesses of Swedish pronunciation.

Maybe PK is the trolls troll 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

Agree 100%, Pats trolling is on another level he's playing a caricature of himself half the time and it just winds people up soooo bad!

• Advertisement

Miriam O’Callaghan is at it now. She said ‘now that we all know how to pronounce it, thanks to Brendan and Pat’.

Advertisement