Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

EU digital covid certs in the UK

• 20-10-2021 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ riddles

Hi

heading to London at the weekend - just wanted to check if the EU digital cert is valid in the UK. I can’t see clarification on this. Going to a show they refer to NHS covid certs.

thanks,

kevin

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 62,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭ L1011

Its entirely up to the show / venue. You need to ask them. There is no direct equivalance acceptance but many places do take them.

The NHS system is England/Wales only for starters, Scotland has their own system and NI was a clusterfuck last time I checked but you could get our cert from there - so most venues accept other certs. But lots of football grounds are NHS England/Wales only, or antigen test in lieu.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭ ISOP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭ mountain

Went to a show last Thursday and asked for cert on way in. Irish/eu one fully accepted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 62,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭ L1011

Most large gatherings in England still require a cert or an antigen test. It's just normal pubs/clubs/restaurants that don't ask for anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭ theteal

I was at Frozen last week (for my sins), no cert check on entry. I can't actually remember the last time I was asked for it here - flight to Malta the week before is the only thing that comes to mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement