Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

EU digital covid certs in the UK

• 20-10-2021 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ riddles

Hi

heading to London at the weekend - just wanted to check if the EU digital cert is valid in the UK. I can’t see clarification on this. Going to a show they refer to NHS covid certs.

thanks,

kevin

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 61,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭ L1011

Its entirely up to the show / venue. You need to ask them. There is no direct equivalance acceptance but many places do take them.

The NHS system is England/Wales only for starters, Scotland has their own system and NI was a clusterfuck last time I checked but you could get our cert from there - so most venues accept other certs. But lots of football grounds are NHS England/Wales only, or antigen test in lieu.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭ ISOP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭ mountain

Went to a show last Thursday and asked for cert on way in. Irish/eu one fully accepted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 61,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭ L1011

Most large gatherings in England still require a cert or an antigen test. It's just normal pubs/clubs/restaurants that don't ask for anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭ theteal

I was at Frozen last week (for my sins), no cert check on entry. I can't actually remember the last time I was asked for it here - flight to Malta the week before is the only thing that comes to mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement