Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

I moved from Octivia to Ioniq 5 and have found the seats fine in the Ioniq. Had to push lumber support out a good bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

I'm a big guy as well and thought it was super comfy!

The driving position in ID4 feels a little more natural, but overall both very comfy.

Almost looks normal size there!

Yup, there's no packs or anything. It's executive, exec-plus, premium and then the top models. No added extras or anything.

Colours are matched togther as well.

Black exterior has white interiot, white exterior has black interior etc. No choice of changing unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

There was the one I test drove today.

For anyone wondering about the size I parked it beside my Octavia to get perspective. Not as long. But higher and much rommier cabin.

Unfortunately I don't think it's a runner for me. My back/frame is just too wide for the seat. I am actually sad about it. It's such a cool car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Just a quick question on your point. I have the decision to collect an ID 4 in December with a 212 plate it possibly wait until January to collect it with a 221 plate.

But I’m being told that in order for the grant to be added I have to accept a 212 plate even if I pick it up in January.

Feels like I’ve ordered a brand new car but won’t be getting a brand new car. 🤷

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

As it stands today, there is no confirmed grant for Jan 1st 2022 onwards. But they have said they want to continue the EV grants (at what level is unconofirmed) and funds are allocated for that in the budget. But none of that has been announced yet, so yes the Dealer is right by saying it does technically as of this point in time have to be a 212 to get the grant for 5k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I’d imagine that is your sales man trying to get it in to his 2021 numbers.

Saw This one parked in DunL yest. Already damaged the front passenger bumper.

You'd be fuming after spending 47k on it 3 weeks previous 😂

That's a Tucson behind it for Size/Height Comparison Sakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

I agree, it is an option for any of the ioniq 5's in the range for other countries.

I have heard different prices quoted for it in different YouTube videos(from different countries) as well, from €275 to €625.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

Oh very nice! I think that’s the exact one I have ordered. Black exterior and that looks like the white leather, so probably a premium model :-) looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Does anyone know of any dealers with an exec model either in stock or for delivery in January? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Don't think there are any executives in the country, or probably not even built yet. We have one on order for a month or so, was told could be as late as March, but possibly January. Not in a hurry fortunately. We ordered from Waterford, they may still have some of their original allocation.

Hey Eagerv, did you order the Executive plus or the Executive? Also, which battery (you've probably said all this already, my apologies),

The reason I'm asking is, I ordered the exec plus 73kw in Waterford. Changed my mind about the paint, luckily someone swapped with me, just wondering If it was you?

Hi Onlyzeone

It's my wifes' future car, ordered an Executive 58kWh in white (She changed her mind from Galactic Grey). Nothing new there lol 😀. She has a 28kWh classic atm which she loves. She finds that is perfect for most of her driving, the new car should give her around 300 km which would cover all her trips. The only models we could see value in are the Executive and Executive plus, the higher ones would be lovely but our taxation system makes them too expensive imo.

Anyone out there who is expecting a car in near future: Was passing by a compound in County Wexford an hour ago, near Campile, and saw a load of car transporters (perhaps 6 or more) with mainly Ioniq 5 on board. Was dark and hard to see, couldn't take photo, but all I could see had the 19" wheels and the light coloured trim on the sides (I think, they may have been partially wrapped) Noticed many greyish ones, a few black, few white and a few silver ones.

Was just looking through the extras you get for premium. Premium is the only car we've test driven and the seats are nice, I'd hope the half leather in exec-plus would be just as good.

How much does the rest of the stuff matter? What difference does electro chromatic rear-view mirror make? What's the difference between highway drivine assist level 2 vs whatever you get normally?

The blind spot collision isn't the camera I don't think, so does that matter a massive amount? Not even sure what the other stuff is so probably won't miss it I guess!

Premium extras

· Leather Seats

· Additional LED Grille Lighting

· Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist (Rear)

· Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (Junction / Turning Crossing)

· Highway Driving Assist Level 2

· High Glossy Door Mirrors

· Side Body Moulding Chrome

· Electro Chromatic Rear-View Mirror

Its the sweet spot for me as well, the only extra I would like... well, two extras, would be power tailgate and that blind spot camera when indicating coming up on the dash.

Then again I'd love a model y but €69,800 starting price on the road is alot of money so... Ioniq 5 is my landing point, just love the look and stance of the car

Whatever it has the missus will turn it off anyway😀, she hates any automated driving systems. And she prefers cloth seats to leather. And to think that earlier in the year her electric car of choice if changing was a Mini (Great choice). To be fair her needs have since changed, needing a lot more space with her work.

I like the new Ioniq as well, but would have preferred it not quite as big. But I suppose if it was scaled down it would not look as well. I also prefer the simple starting and stopping of say VW or Tesla, simply get in and drive. No handbrakes to pull, start/stop buttons, bings and bongs. But the Ioniq 5 seems good value in it's lower trims.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

;), lol, thanks for swapping Misty👍.

.... Although I am having a bit of the classic regret of why I swapped colours... After seeing many more pictures now, I definitely think the shooting star matte finish looks better with the black side mouldings.

I'll hopefully see you in hyundai in March or before!

• Advertisement

Matte paint only really one for proper car enthusiasts (who treat their car like their baby) who live in Urban environment, and ideally nice weather. But I agree that colour is great.

I think all round the Galactic Grey ticks a lot of boxes and still looks so fresh.

I think the white really gives it that Range Rover Evoque look which is what hooked me on the car.

The black on black will look better than the chrome on black.

Not a fan of the olive or the lucid blue, And the cyber grey is meh.

Im surprised there isnt a bolder blue colour, think it would look great.

I know, I also go through phases where I regret swapping especially after researching a bit on the maintenance matte finished require... So if you wanted to swap back, I would be ok with that ... I'm cool either way. Feel free to send me a pm anytime if you change your mind or anything :)

My heart wants to but my head says don't. As I said before, about once a month I am driving on narrow West Cork roads or narrow Kildare roads. Neither of those are matte finish friendly, particularly west Cork.

I want to drive without worrying about the overgrown ditch(dyke?) is leaving a mark I can't get rid of.

If I didn't do these trips so regularly and I can see the amount of light scratching on the left hand side of my current vehicle... computer says no... The irony of the situation is I can't be bothered getting rid of those same scratches I am talking about but by the same token I don't want to worry about one's I can't get rid of.

The real answer here is, just hurry up with the cars hyundai so I can stop himming and hawing

@ the mist, also I agree with you on what you said about each colour selection above... and I agree with your cyber grey comment but I am honestly that worried about the matte paint...

Ironically again, cyber grey is the one colour selection that looks better with chrome effect mouldings...

The real answer(again) for me is for hyundai to get their ass in gear so I can stop second guessing myself

Stupid question, but I thought all the possible colours for Ioniq 5 were matte?

We have the choice of black or cyber grey (58kw - exec plus). There is galactic grey as well but that's 73kw premium.

Are they all matte paints or is there a difference? We do a lot of country road driving!

There are only two matte paints as far as know, matte gold and shooting star grey matte.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense given the names!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭denismc

Here's a screen grab from Youtube of the car in Cyber Grey with the black mouldings, looks pretty good imo.

No worries at all, i'm cool either way!

I know, it's been about 2 months now since i put in the deposit and feels like years... I can't do another 5 months!!

It does suit me though unfortunately to build on some additional savings and don't have much use for the car until Jan at least as we'll still be working from home until then...

Just in case, matte gold and shooting star grey are the only matte paints defintely.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that Dennis, looks fantastic there.

Advertisement