Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cops digging on Kildare/Wicklow border site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

What exactly did he say in prison and did he say it in a bragging fashion or a regretful manner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Surly something as significant as this should have been made public and a full investigation carried out ,it's seems amazing how they seemed to have dismissed the whole sighing and call to them (Guards)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Exactly, I remember at the time some guy called from Northern Ireland claiming to know what happened her. They played the recording of his voice on Crimeline, or whatever of those shows was around at the time. Unsurprisingly he turned out to be a guy with mental issues and it was complete BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,467 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Okay so I really hope they find SOMETHING on this search. It has to be extremly difficult for families almost thirty years on from these events happening.

It's difficult to establish a timeline around WHY they are looking at this location NOW.

But, one thing always jumps out at me in relation to his alleged drunken confessions. How the hell was a prisioner in a "high security" prison drunk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

But, one thing always jumps out at me in relation to his alleged drunken confessions. How the hell was a prisioner in a "high security" prison drunk?

I'm pretty sure it's fairly easy to make alcohol in prison. I didn't read up today but I remember reading it a few years ago, toilet wine I think it was called.

No doubt plenty of people will become quite adept at here when MUP comes in in January.. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

I once saw a documentary, they indeed make alcohol from rubbish like potatoe peelings, old bread and all other grocery leftovers they could get their hands on, also foul stuff for sure, pretty disgusting to see. I also wouldn't exclude bribable guards in prisons..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

According to the Alan Bailey book, the prisoners in high-security, long term prisons do make moonshine vodka.

Its a kind of an open secret, it keeps them busy and makes for social life, or something. And these two prisoners were boozing together, LM and someone else - a criminal. Who was so shaken by what LM told him that he reported it to the guards, even though this put himself at great risk of being scorned as an informer.

He said afterwards that it was because he himself had a daughter. He claimed that LM told him how he abducted a young woman near Newbridge, pulled her rapidly into his car, stunned her with a blow, etc. The details are pretty unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Juran

"Truck driver tells gardaí he saw woman running ‘naked and screaming’ through village on the night of Jo Jo Dullard’s disappearance"

Reported on the Irish Independent this evening, I can't paste in the link.

According to the report, the incident was reported to gardaí at or around that time by the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

In all the years I’ve followed the JoJo Dollard case,I have never heard it reported that she was later seen in Castledermot….has the line not always been that the last sighting was in Moone?

and how in the name of Jaysus is this story (about a woman running naked through Moone that night)only coming to light now??…and it was reported to Gardai at the time….beggars belief

• Advertisement

I think what we need to factor into this case, as with many other investigations in the 1990's (Sophie Tuscon du Plantier for one), that the investigative abilities of the Gardai in Ireland at that time were weak, bordering on incompetent. Not helped by an ingrained culture in the force of corruption and bullying.

I have really enjoyed reading "Missing - presumed" by Alan Bailey - a leading detective who was later involved in Operation Trace. And he makes it clear to see that Garda investigation at the time was very far from weak. Skilled detectives did investigate every possible lead. They just didn't tell the Press everything, or make known certain facts that only a guilty party could have known. There isn't a snowball in hell that they would have ignored the report of a naked woman in distress, in that very village, at that very time.

Post edited by Day Lewin on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Moone was is the last definite known location of Jojo because of the phone call. But there was someone who thinks they may have seen her in Castledermot. I think the theory being that whoever picked her up in Moone let her out in CD but came back for her. I used to drive those roads at time going to Kilkenny and there is a sharp right turn at the end of the town heading towards Carlow. If you turn left instead you are heading for Baltinglass only 11kms away. And well we all know who was living there…..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Nothing officially but unconfirmed report of him telling an inmate everything about killing Deirdre , however I did not mention that in my post , I mentioned that he refused to answer questions officially and undertake rehab

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The story of a naked woman running through Moone the night Jojo went missing is only coming to light now because it's probably total and utter BS, and was treated as such at the time it was initially reported.

There was also a report by a taxi driver of a barefoot woman in destress with two men getting into a car in Waterford on the night Jojo went missing, that has been public for a long time now and I believe has been deemed unrelated for a number of reasons.

yeah it seems similar to the method lm used in the attack that got him jailed

Wasnt LM suppose to be working in Newbridge on renovations on a local bar/nightclub at the time Deirdre Jacob went missing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭chooseusername

https://books.google.de/books?id=fFyPBQAAQBAJ&pg=PT28&hl=de&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=3#v=onepage&q&f=false

did a research of the book and found this reading examples. I just managd to read the chapter of Jojo. It's actually mindboggling, don't even know where to begin with. witnesses coming out 1 or 2 years later with important information about the sighting on that evening of a car with two men in it and a women, very distressed, escaping from it, one man catching her back. That woman must have been screaming! who on earth is not reporting this to the guards immediately? then that prison inmate who told a story to the guards which fits this story of the witness on that evening. the two are unconnected. they even have a main suspect, a well-known irish sex offender, but nothing comes out of it. then, at the same evening, almost a whole street in Waterford woke up from a woman screaming and then seeing a naked woman escaping from their neighbours house, this M. Henry, catching her back and nobody reported it to the guards?? WTF?? what's wrong with people at the time one has to ask, didn't they have daughters which could be the next victim? mindboggling. and WHEN was that finally reported, nothing written there.

what's going on with this Michael Henry guy, is he still alive? why wasn't he convicted? very detailed written book but important infos are just left out.

and then that Bailey openly admits at the end of the chapter that it was policy that days to NOT really work together with the relatives of the victims. I was unbiased towards the work of the guards in this cases, but reading this, it's all a disgrace and actually proves what the poster above wrote, work of the guard force seemed to be weak and incompetent or whatever is behind this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mattser

The know all Boards detectives are far ahead of any police though

? do you mean my post? if yes, as said, I read parts of the book which was recommended here from a poster to show how positive the guards work were at the time. After reading it, I just can say for myself this book is a proof of the opposite. Did you read the articles?

I asked questions to the situations described in the book because I think there are more questions coming up through the book than answered, nowhere did I write to know anything about the cases, let alone more than the detectives.

weird comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Larry is legally presumed innocent. A convicted criminal recounts a drunken conversation and it is seized on as gospel. When a body is found, if ever, then speculation can start as to who the culprit is.

In any case whcih is the correct spelling Dollard or Dullard?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

How is it the family were told she was raped and murdered and how a digger was used to bury her body on farmland and yet nothing more came of it

If this refers to joJo Dollard - there was indeed a rumour that she had been treated thus. Buried on a certain farm, even: rumours can be quite specific!

It turned out that the slurry pit she was alleged to have been buried UNDER, had been completed a year before she disappeared. Rumour disqualified.

If anyone can point to the actual place on the actual farm that this is supposed to have happened, they should inform the Gardai immediately - in writing, and copies to all the daily papers.

he's easily connected to the locations of jo jo deirdre and annie, regarding deirdre i recall reading he worked on her grannies shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

This is a classic case of give a dog a bad name and hang him. He was not the only one living or working in that area and it could well be that the real perpetrator is using Larry as a smokescreen.

After LM was locked up for the abduction of that girl in Carlow how many women went missing in the Leinster area, none. He is the number one suspect in these girls disappearance and at the moment the gardai have no evidence to charge him

• Advertisement

yeah, could be. but every post here from you you are kind of defending this piece of sh**. why?

Advertisement