Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,479 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie Cox's accent is bloody good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I think so.

I'm struggling to understand that pool scene flashback, hallucination or whatever it was, can anybody explain?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I'm struggling to understand that pool scene flashback, hallucination or whatever it was, can anybody explain?

i think Cunningham's sister drowned when he was a boy, it was a flashback

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

In a lot of these crime family type dramas you are left routing for the bad guys (Sopranos Breaking bad etc..) but i found myself just wanting someone to walk into the Kinsella's coke "party" the other night with an AR15 and just wipe them all out putting us out of our misery.

I thought that was Amanda with the straw hat at the end of that pool scene...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

It'd certainly make a good climax. and put an end to any chatter about season 2.

Was that hit attempt on Michael and Anna actually Pandini's Restaurant in Unit 3, Newlands Cross Retail Centre, Fonthill Rd S, Brideswell Commons, Dublin 22?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 xanike7

When I first saw the show announced I thought that Aidan Gillen would be the guy that would ruin the show and it would get better as soon as he died like love/hate, but it wouldn't get better even if he did die. His character has to be one of the poorly written characters ever. To the point that even I have to feel bad for him even with his terrible accent/mumbling/weird side mouth talking.

ep6.

The fact that Amanda says to Michael that it was obvious that Eamon was looking for their weak points but the episode prior she just visited her son in the private school as if she couldn't just be shot. Then Frank, even after seeing mikey and anna could've died, proceeds to immediately go out and puts himself at risk for grindr hookup and causes his right hand man to die. Not only that but, he changes his mind last second about giving Eric up even knowing that Eric is still a "liability," and still has not learned from anything he's done. Charlie Cox and Ciaran Hinds are by far best part about this show, don't know why they signed up to do this but they're the saving grace.

when Amanda knew

they were after the Michael's daughter she ran to his house before phoning him. In an emergency the phone would be the first thing

"I thought that was Amanda with the straw hat at the end of that pool scene..."

i think it was meant to be Cunningham's mother.. when she said something like "it wasn't your fault". If the boy was the young Cunningham,as I understood, Amanda wouldn't have been an adult. That is how i understood the scene anyway. I wonder what is the purpose. to show a 'human' side to Cunningham or maybe to broaden his character?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,087 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My god episode 6

Was very weird in parts but the last 10 mins were great. Eric getting arrested, the dealership been fucked (i wonder did the widow of the car guy say something to the guards) and what we guessed Frank almost getting caught out by the dating app with his bodyguard getting caught in the crossfire

No idea wtf all that Eammon stuff was about but I'm guessing his mother drowned or something and he's using the drugs to hide those emotions, the first time we saw an angry side of Micky and we might see that side come out now esp. with his darling daughter a target. Jimmy can be briefly seen with no man bun

FFS I'm sick of shots of the Aviva Stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

As the episodes go on I'm getting more and more of a dislike for Amanda. Was hoping someone in the family would be killed by now. Charlies accent does slip a bit through out the episode. Frank getting lured out like that was too predictable. Another episode of Birdy been a pointless character. Thought the thing with Eamon was just filler nonsense with no real need for it. Hopefully things seriously ramp up next episode, some how still feels like nothing is actually happening

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,842 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mixed bag but I liked it - things are happening (finally) and the latter half of the episode moved very quickly.

Strongest episode so far imo, and I think it expanded Ciaran Hinds character significantly too.

Shame about Dotser :(

Also, it had been bugging me that I hadn't seen the part where Frank ran over someone who was shooting at him (it's in the trailer on IMDB)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Please tell me everybody else watched the Ayahuasca ceremony and I didn't just trip balls and imagine it.

WTF was that all about - probably the most left field change if direction every but I don't know if that is a good thing or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

The boiling kettle will get taken apart by the shows distractors ........don't think there's much given away there for a spoiler 🤣

generally a meh from me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sorry review of Ep 5, really not for me.

The story is all over the place, and the pacing is either very slow or very quick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I only actually notice it when it slips (not too often) , which is a good sign. Wonder if he's got an Irish granddad or granny ? nine times out of ten if a UK actor can pull off the accent they usually have an Irish relation.

Yep and why the **** was Amanda In that flashback

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

The whole things getting a bit silly , but I'm still watching .

Also they squeezed this into the soundtrack , which is never a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I think the director/cinematographer has seen too many shots of the Red Sox stadium from Boston movies. And two/three more an episode til we finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

So I wasn't the only one who thought it was her? I'm still confused with that scene.

Post edited by Gadgetman496 on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yeah, it was definitely her and it makes no sense.

How do I change my notification settings to get notified "once per day" of posts to this thread rather than being notified of every single post? This forum is not very user-friendly since the "upgrade".

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Is Eamonn somehow afraid of women as Amanda stepped up to him

Yeah it was Amanda in the pool - I didn't catch it at the time just assumed it was Eamonns murphy or sister.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,842 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

It's bizarre but I suspect it's some kind of manifestation of guilt, or wanting forgiveness, for Jamie being accidentally killed in crossfire

Or the start of a love story...

Guilt is probably the most obvious one

Episode 6 question:

When Eamonn went to pick the wife up at the house, he lost the rag when he saw the state of the vegetable patch in the garden, was that an actual grave I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

6: I swear I thought

Frank was a dead man! Once Michael lived.. I was like.. Right, Franks Dead!

The big heads story

is going strong. Looks like this is going to turn into Amanda v Eamon. Frank and the others might well listen to her a bit better after everything she called out before it happened.

I swear the second Kem asked one question and the look she threw him, he was made!

So just aside from that then, someone earlier in the thread (sorry OP, 40 pages of thread!) gave a thought that Birdy could be doing something with Eamon and.. yeah something definitely feeling more and more off.

Thinking about the family

and how they have the drugs and finances through the garage.. everything is shut down now at this point but they were going into shut down mode anyway. So it doesn't feel as huge a loss since they were making such a big deal about their 50mill stash they robbed from Eamon.

Eamon

being off his head and having Amanda in his vision (he lusting after her?) and being out of it at the end of the episode.. I don't know what's going on there. Buys Amanda/The Kinsellas some time anyway.

Either way.. Ciarán Hinds still putting in some heavy lifting for the show with his performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It could be worse, Amy Huberman could have been the Amanda character and made every scene all about her.

Advertisement