Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So you have read selective quotes from a book you haven't read without knowing the full context of what he is saying?

I have never claimed to have read it, but then I also don't selectively quote from books I haven't read either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Reminds me of the time a 9/11 truther told me he didn't need to read a book to get an author's intent because he had read an amazon review.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's just a forum for economic ideas, they don't have legislative power or anything like that, they've held these economic forums for years, one of the last ones was titled "the Great Transformation". Klaus Schwab is just an economist/engineer, if he thinks we'll be living on the moon next year, cool, it doesn't mean anything. It goes without saying it doesn't mean there's a secret nefarious plan to ship us to the moon. The problem is that paranoid internet people fantasize that it does - and other people unquestioningly accept those types of views as real.

This forum is full of 13 or 14 years of nonsense, none of which has come true, yet here we are, the latest batch of paranoid delusions being trumpeted as fact. Next year they'll get bored of Klaus Schwab and Covid and move onto the next thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

It`s par for the course from that poster and all the other conspiracy theorists.

Post the first rubbish that comes into their heads and when challenged on their nonsense with actual facts they either run away and hide until they re-appear thinking posters have forgotten, or rather than answer what they are asked, post up more unrelated nonsense attempting to deflect.

It can be funny, (in the way a dog chasing his own tail is funny), watching them spinning attempting to avoid giving any coherent reply while often contradicting their on posts.

They may have been looked on as a potential threat to lives at one point with their Covid denial or madcap "solutions" and their anti vaccine bullshine, but due to exposing themselves as to what they really are that has changed. Now they are nothing much more than very poor comedy acts that provide a bit of light entertainment.

There was Agenda 21. Jade Helm 15.

I notice that none seems all interested in the Bilderburg Group no more. Or the Boheimian Grove.

And then there was the Nice and Lisbon Treaties...

• Advertisement

I think it's time to admit defeat, brianhere. You tried your best, but there's just no point. The elephant in the room on this forum will never be addressed, so every thread will continue to be a mess.

Dr Frost described what the future would be like on another thread. Just like you, he has a very good way with words.

Would you mind outlining what your epidemiological credentials and qualifications are? You seem to think you know more than the Dr Anders Tegnell and Professor Johan Giesecke.

You're are of course right, but there's really no point in trying to have a debate or a discussion on this forum. They all just say the same thing and like each others posts non-stop. Every thread is the same.

But the only people avoiding any points are conspiracy theorists.

If if this was "trying your best" I would be very worried if I were you. Because apparently your best is making false and vague claims, then running away the second anyone asks you anything about those claims.

The elephant in the room is that you guys are spreading bullshit. You know it's bullshit. You keep engaging in lies and dishonesty to try and keep that bullshit alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Conspiraloons realising theyve been had by grifters for the last 18 months so are now desperately scrambling about to try make sense of it.

A lot of people having an "ahh sh1t" moment.

Again, the only reason debate isn't happening is because you and your fellow conspiracy theorists aren't answering questions.

You don't want to discuss your conspiracy theory. You aren't open to the possibility of being wrong.

If you are actually interested in debate, why all the constant lying and dodging?

Why post theories you know are false as if they are truth?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Care to elaborate on what you meant when linking to articles about electric vehicles and insects?

You're right. Normal life has clearly resumed in Ireland.

You have flip-flopped your way through countless vague conspiracies and nonsense in multiple threads. You consistent ignore basic facts and explanations in favour of whatever random conspiracy appeals to you. Every thread is the same, and will be the same when you don't apply any logic/reason to your views.

But the majority of restrictions have been eased and removed. The rest are planned to be removed soon.

You've failed to explain why any measures are going to be permanent. You can only make vague insinuations about a guy who's book you've never read. You keep these insinuations vague either because 1. you lack the imagination to make them more specific, or 2. you are not being honest about your beliefs because you belief in a very wacky conspiracy theory that would be off putting to most people.

So yes, again, the conspiracy theories have failed here and you and your pals are scrambling to pretend otherwise because you know the jig is up now.

Nah, no point. The elephant in the room on this forum won't be addressed, so every thread will be a mess. Dr Frost doesn't post on here anymore. A good decision, I think. It just took me longer to realise that it was pointless.

Only bit I agree with is 'every thread is the same', but not what you mean by it. Every thread is a mess. It's just pointless. Same 4 or 5 posters who all agree with each other on everything and there's no common ground or possibility for a robust discussion.

Again, the elephant in the room is that conspiracy theorists don't want to discuss their conspiracy theories and will be completely and utterly dishonest to avoid discussing their theories.

If you guys stopped being dishonest and answered questions directly and honestly, the quality of the threads would improve immensely.

But you've shown that you're not capable of doing this.

This is a discussion. Your views are being challenged, and many with extreme beliefs don't like that. There is no "common ground" with falsehoods and pseudo-science. Threads are a mess because people with unreasonable views don't like facing reason. They want validation, not scrutiny.

• Advertisement

I mean we can't even be civil. That's the problem. I've no problem with being challenged, but posts are deliberately twisted or misrepresented and, incredibly, thanked. So what's the point if that's going to just keep on happening?

Every thread just ends up being a mess. And I certainly don't want validation.

Anyway, this debate was had on the thread about the problem with this forum, so no point going at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It hasn't, and won't for a while yet.

But theres no army on the streets, no one taking our homes etc as predicted by some lunatics.

Yes, and you guys failed to make a convincing case all the while ignoring the actual issues with the forum. Namely the dishonesty and evasiveness of conspiracy theorists.

Young children can grasp many concepts about Covid and restrictions, yet some posters here are so belligerent and impervious to basic information it's hard to believe it isn't intentional. When you have posters being deliberately obtuse like that, or contrarian for the sake of it, or pushing BS that they know is BS, or are constantly making new accounts, then it's unsurprising there will be some friction.

Here's a simple challenge, point to a single user-created conspiracy on this forum that turned out to be accurate from the last 10 years. It goes without saying that when you have a forum that is so consistently full of falsehoods, there are going to be problems, the root cause of which are those falsehoods and lies.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Who exactly is Dr Frost and why should we listen to him?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Would it not be simpler to just explain what you are claiming, rather than spending multiple pages of posts twisting yourself in knots trying to justify why you won't explain yourself because you are upset about people asking you questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

I think people get frustrated when a point made by yourself, or others, is pretty comprehensively debunked, but a week later the same invalid point is lobbed into the discussion, completely ignoring previous explanations.

I have personally explained on many occasions reasons why I thought what someone said is incorrect, but it was hardly ever acknowledged by the op. The poster often ignores it, then a week or two later they are back making the same invalid claim, completely ignoring any flaws in it.

One issue is likely that some posters simply believe, and repeat, what they see on some web sites, without actually knowing if what they're reading is true or not. As there is an ecosystem of these sites it's easy to get confirmation of these ideas from the next such site. The only way out of that is to do your own research, and draw conclusions based on information you get as close to the source as possible, rather than relying on someone else's interpretation. Then again, that's time consuming, and perhaps requires a bit of practice that some don't have!

Post edited by PintOfView on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

You were around the Sweden thread long enough to know what I do. Neither of us need to be epidemiologists to know the established facts, but you have continually sought to ignore them and run away.

Freedom of information emails exposed both Tegnell and Giesecke as lying charlatans on their claims they were not chasing natural herd immunity from day one. Giesecke being the genius that predicted "the virus would spread over Sweden in a month or two" and at that stage Sweden would have reached herd immunity. Now tell us, how did that work out ?

Tegnell put no resources into testing for Covid. Instead he had the health authorities testing for antibodies with predictions that when these results were published it would show that Stockholm, the epicenter of their infections, was just weeks aay from herd immunity. The antibody results for Stockholm were even lower than the national figure for Spain who had locked down. Tegnell still insisted on ploughing ahead until October 2020 when in denial Sweden was in a second wave, he attempted to increse numbers at public events, drop restrictions on care homes and telling the elderly and vulnerable that it was no safe to mingle with the rest of society. Local Authorities who had regained the power to make their own decisions on health matters had enough of the charade and called a halt.

Tegnell`s response ? If it had not been so irresponsible and cost so many lives would have been laughable. Attempting naturally acquired herd immunity is immoral.

You already know all this, so why persist with the charade you do not. Those two charlatans, like yourself, got it totally wrong so stop wasting peoples time with your well debunked theories on herd immunity ?

From your posts it is not as if you have a shortage of other nonsensical theories to fill the void.

Post edited by charlie14 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Jesus, this and other conspiracy threads are a mess. Is there some agreed definition of what a conspiracy theory actually is, in order that some sort of order/sense could be made of the threads? It just seems to be some random mad outburst about some vague thing, usually something changing in the world around them that the OP doesn't like. The threads just become dumping grounds of random thoughts and feelings posts vaguely connected to the OP which because they don't come with any clear structure or backup; means that the thread just becomes a car crash. Any actual discussion of the vague OP or the subsequent thoughts and feelings posts are just meaningless. It's like trying to reason with a drunk at end of a bar.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,943 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Confused now as to the reference to elephants. Are these electric elephants or a food choice instead of crickets?? Maybe they are nationalist elephants living on rathlin island??

Either way, whatever room they're in is fcuked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement