Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Again more sealioning.

You are being very hypocritical.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

? Electric car prices are dropping all the time, and there will be plenty on the second hand market. Sorry, but what has any of this got to do with measures being permanent? or conspiracies?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

So you’d be happy enough to eat crushed up cockroaches and not have the freedom to own a personal vehicle? There’s literally a dystopian film called Snowpiercer where they force people to eat crushed up bugs.

There’s no getting through to some people on conspiracy theories when they actively want the dystopian conspiracy theory to be true!

Again no where in any of the articles posted does it say that people will be forbidden from owning cars or forced to eat anything. This is hyperbole on your part. And it has nothing to do with the topic.

• Advertisement

Nope no issue. Just highlighting how conspiracy theorist have been misusing the term of sealionig and have no issue with doing it when the mood takes them. You have demonstrated both nicely.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

It's bizarre that you realise it's a threat but can't see that wearing a mask might limit the spread of it. It's very basic stuff like covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze to stop germs spreading.

I actually don't agree with the covid passport and in my experience it's not being policed for the most part and I think it won't last much longer no matter what the government try to do. If it was up to me the only place it would be requested would be in hospital to decide your position in the queue for covid treatment.

Are you a climate change denier? I really don't understand what you think governments have to gain from these kind of things.

I may be wrong but you seem like a very impressionable (most likely) young lad who gets sucked into conspiracy theories just because you think it's cool to be different and go against what mainstream media is saying. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

Willie O'Dea TD:

"Covid certs were touted as a temporary measure until we achieved high vaccination levels. With 92% of all adults fully vaccinated, if we don’t ease restrictions next Friday when will we?"

( https://twitter.com/willieodeaLIVE/status/1448623248900599811 .)

Ah, now there's the question! Maybe the penny is beginning to drop with some people!

http://www.orwellianireland.com

What penny?

You still haven't explained what you believe is going on.

Conspiracy theorists like yourself have been continuously lying and misrepresenting things this entire thread. And this is on top of they by now hundreds of points and questions that have been dodged.

Why are you expecting people to be convinced of a vague nonsensical conspiracy you have to present dishonestly?

Is Willie O'Dea the only person in government not in on the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Ah, you’re back to dump a link. How about answering the questions you’ve been asked. You’ll see the notifications on the top right ‘bell’ symbol where you can click on the posts you were quoted in. Those posts contain questions that you are hiding from.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm just aware that insects as a source of food can be farmed far more efficiently than cows and our current methods are inefficient and terrible for the environment. No great conspiracy about it. People have eaten insects for forever, just in the west we decided for some reason it was icky.

Likewise with vehicle ownership and combustion engines rather than electric. It's stupidly inefficient and terrible for the environment the way things are currently done. Changing the setup of public transport or reducing vehicle ownership is a good thing, but it's not a conspiracy.

Also these things are nothing to do with covid, or being discussed by government because of Covid. These are things that people have been looking into as more sustainable ways to live on the planet for decades.

The deflection from conspiracy theorists is incredible. “I can’t answer questions because my thoughts are based on lies, therefore I’ll do everything to avoid the questions”.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Not only ignore questions but attempt to to go totally off topic whilst doing it.

No sign of cars being banned so you're gonna be perfectly capable of buying one. Saying they're more expensive at the moment isn't a sign of much, it's equivalent to saying in 1995 that computing is inaccessible cause too expensive. But a few years later, highly accessible and far cheaper.

Secondly, there's no sign of red meat being banned etc. We probably do eat too much of it and I actually wouldn't mind if insects hit the European market. Not as some complete alternative to regular meats but it's highly nutritious. I have eaten insects by the way in various different forms. I'm not a huge fan but it's a tad irrational and silly to be so horrified by the idea of eating them.

So maybe relax a bit, you can continue to drive and eat your chicken or steaks. I do hope somewhere in Ireland starts selling insects though, it looks like it would annoy you to no end.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Roll on the 22nd.!!!!

I for one welcome our new communist lizard overloads and thank them for the forced magnetic 'vaccine' which enables me to get 5G right to my brain

The objection to eating insects and declaring that it will be "just like Snowpiercer" is pretty hilarious.

Do people not know what shrimp are?

So far the only insect product I've tried were these crisp kinda things that used crickets instead of potato. They were called "Chirps" and they were alright.

This new issue though is just an attempt at deflection though.

Were still trying to get gortana and vo to explain why the measures are going to be permanent.

Gortana is vaguely hinting that it has something to do with the great reset but again seems stuck at actually being direct about his own beliefs.

No I was quite clear in my previous posts that I think current restrictions are temporary and that they weren’t put in place for anything other than covid. I am vaccinated and I believe the restrictions were necessary, although other countries managed without as severe restrictions on hospitality.

I was only postulating if our acceptance of the restrictions over the past 2 years will mean we will see similar tools used for future emergencies/crises. Hence posting here, because it’s just a theory but I see now probably not a conspiracy so I’ll leave the discussion here. Thanks for engaging on my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Any permanent measures yet? Or are we still at permanent until they are removed... Masks?

Enjoy eating the insects lads, it’s not like eating filthy creatures is what got us into this mess… or maybe I’m wrong and it escaped from a lab? Or is that just a crazy conspiracy theory too? 🙄

Ever seen pulp fiction?

Anyway, back on topic.

Loads of existing covid measures are going to be lifted on the 22nd. The main ones that will remain are there to protect the health service over the winter. If we didn't have such a sh!t health service we could open up fully, but alas we don't. So blame the government and HSE managers down through years for whatever measures remain

• Advertisement

Insects = deflection. Why is a true honest conversation so difficult for you and other conspiracy theorists?

242 pages in, still not one coherent conspiracy or explanation as to how all measures will be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I missed the last few pages but how in the name of jaysis did we get to discussing the eating of insects?

Usual ploy of not being able v to explain their position so "look over there"

You've also missed the "electric car" deflection and we even had a "32 County Republic" deflection going on for a while.

They just can't accept their position being shown for the ridiculousness it is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Gortanna started claiming that the UK proposing to ban the sale of new combustion engine vehicles was somehow part of the covid conspiracy, and then for some reason threw in that eating insects had been mentioned by someone at the WEF so obviously anything that gets mentioned there in totally unrelated topics is clearly also part of the covid conspiracy and great reset as well.

let him feck off to the Great Reset thread with that nonsense.

Where did I once claim that the restrictions were permanent? You “skeptics” have this weird thing of lumping everyone in as a lunatic or conspiracy theorist who doesn’t subscribe to everything the main stream media says.

I seen the 32 county nonsense. Someone claiming to live in Ireland when they live in the six counties.

My prediction on the course of the thread wasn't too far off. Just I'd guessed at crop circles and flat earth as being the crazy tangents that we'd get taken down, rather than insects and electric vehicles.

• Advertisement

Right, why are you writing about "not being able to own cars" and "eating insects" in this thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement