Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

Getting ahead of myself here but when do we think the results will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

I would imagine the last week in November possibly?

Usually 6 weeks, was delayed last year because of the exams being later and the 6 weeks running into Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭coffeeandlaw

what way do people think discharge is going to come up? any guesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

I think it could be that essay on repudiatory breach / breach of condition / breach of innominate term but that’s a complete guess! Just because frustration has been up so much recently

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭coffeeandlaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 fe1taker1998

Do you mind me asking what you are covering for principles? FR came up last sitting very dense so not sure if I want to go into too much detail

State aid and Competition v dense so it will be a v quick glance

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

By FR do you mean fundamental rights? Sorry my brain is fried!

I remember it was 9 weeks last November but can’t remember what it was in March! Hopefully they put us out of our misery ASAP but unlikely knowing the law soc :p

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

Re Equity exam today. I don't know if I was too nervous and perhaps misunderstood it but did they say that the testator bequeathed 100,000 euro for poetry something WB. Unknown at the testator's death. I understood that it was Cy-pres doctrine. I see that nobody mentioned Cy-pres, so I suppose I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

In relation to my paper I did charitable trust question and said that the first one is education with Cy-pres doctrine (but perhaps I misunderstood that), second 4th category but with political element, so it won't be a valid charitable trust, the third one is for poor relations - I mentioned personal nexus test and that poor relations and poor employees were the exceptions but that the 2009 Act changed it.

I did Mandatory Interlocutory Injunctions essay. I did Undue Influence. After the exam I thought I did quite well those 3 questions but now I don't know. I did Trusteeship and re Standard of Care I wrote more than only re the investment. I did note question and mistaken one case re rectification. I did presumption of advancement. I hope I will pass because it is my last exam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HD25

Random one but does anyone know anything about the Better Examinations system? I got kicked out today and had half my family in helping get the WiFi back on - I assume once the connection is lost so is the proctor? Don’t want it to go against me but I realise it’s prob just post exam overthinking 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

Can anyone sitting Contract tomorrow clarify which provisions of the Sale of Goods apply to non-consumer contracts? Reading over the March 21 paper earlier and the first question is clearly a Private Sale, but the examiner throws in 'Merchantable Quality. I have in my notes that s.14 of SOG 1980 only applies when the seller is in the course of business, so I wouldn't have gone into detail on that and just say it doesn't apply - was she just trying to throw us here?

If anyone has some short notes on this I'd appreciate it. My chapter on Consumer Protection in my manual says "many of the legislative provisions apply to non-consumers"... but it doesn't spell out which ones do and don't! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fe1person

Contract:

Hey! Any chance anyone has the examiner reports for Autumn 2020 and/or March 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sim1yoyo

When you're using your legislation do you have to show it to the camera? And if so, do you have to hold it up before using it each time? Using legislation in eu for the first time in these online sittings. Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

I showed it to the camera at the very start and gave a quick flick through to show there was no writing, but never showed it after that- it would waste so much time and you're not asked to do it so I wouldn't bother.

You don't even need to show it at the start, I just do for paranoia's sake.

God waiting around for the exam is torture

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

S.12, 13, 14 & 15 apply to both consumer and non-consumer contracts. The only difference is in a non-consumer context you can contract out of the Act for all sections bar s.12.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kellyymck8383

Could I leave out mergers for Eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fe-hun

Well I hope the proctor people like cats because mine wouldn't feck off and was mad for the cuddles.

What's the general consensus on Contract? I thought it was fair, only one essay question again though. With the shopping center question I answered on best endeavors clauses, contractual interpretation and business efficacy/officious bystander tests. That was the only question that threw me really had to read over it a few times to see what they were asking and I'm not even sure I answered it on the right thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fe-hun

ooof.

Q1 - Laura's van: ITT, lack of consideration, no agreement.

Q2 - Tech Ltd's computers - Agreement (and different between ad and shop display) then mistake.

Q3 - Siopa upset about high quality tenants: certainty, contractual terms

Q4 - Pub with restrictions - Consideration and prom est.

Q5 - Lucy: Misrepresentation with Claude, and discharge from an enforceable contract with Paul..?

Yeah with there being 7 PQs in the March paper I was kind of expecting the same, maybe 2 essays but she went with the same style again. I only glanced at the shopping centre question, but I think you are on the right track there.

Didn't do Q1, but I took exact same approach as you for 2, 4 & 5. My other two were the EQ on Penalties & the remoteness of damages - the shipping contracts

Did same as you for 4 and 5, mentioned Pinnel's case briefly on 4 before moving on to estoppel. On 3 answered on best endeavors (Jet2Com v Blackpool Airport), contractual interpretation, and business efficacy/officious bystander.

Interesting that there was only the one essay q again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JustoMullo

Hey Guys! Starting to worry about EU now. Having done Constitutional and Equity this week feeling fairly burnt out.

Would I be alright having covered DE/MSL, Institutions, Judicial Review, Citizenship, Free Movement of Workers, Free Movement of Goods & Free Movement of Services & Establishment, and glanced over proportionality.

Does anyone know what the examiner is like in terms of marking? Have heard mixed reviews.

Advertisement