Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ted Lasso [Apple]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is 10 the last episode? Really enjoyed that episode, very wholesome and hit the feels a bit. The conversations between Keeley and Roy were very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭Sparko

Oh Nate..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is there another episode left this season? Couldn't end a season there surely, but have it in my head that's it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yes, one more episode. One more game in the season for them too to determine if they get promoted back to Premier League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Grand, makes sense. That was one reason I was thinking they couldn't end it there. Although if started new season with promotion it wouldn't surprise me.

Very good episode this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like Ruth Bradley will have a bigger role next season.

Also nice drawings her this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nate is way to big for his boots

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The spitting is just revolting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It's a testament to the amazing writing and character development that I don't know if I want Ted to hug Nate or break his **** nose.........

Ya think? Thought it was done a bit quick and a bit much. But it's fairly clear he's gone from being a little twerp to a big arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I loved teds comment to Rebecca, this same place this same time last year you dropped a good old truth bomb on me.

Is Nate irredeemable, to me I think he is the spitting has got to me it's horrible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think the spitting was to show Nate has become disgusted with himself. Well it would need to if they try to redeem him. Leading into an epic finale. How will Roy be with Nate and Jamie?

Ted with Nate? Lots of loose threads left to bring together. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Nate is disgusted with himself. The spitting was his realisation of it. The letter reading in silence was the best part of this episode.

Nate spitting is to do with his confidence. He first did it earlier in the season to psyche himself up to challenge the hostess at the restaurant and get the table he wanted for his parents. He then spat again before taking charge at the game Ted had the panic attack at. This time he spat after kissing Keeley, but it was likely psyching himself up to leak the story about Ted having the panic attack because Keeley rejecting him made him feel weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Agreed. The letter reading was brilliant, I think the show is really good with raw emotion and handled the mental health stuff really well.

Think Roy won’t care about Nate, it’s Jamie who really pushed things. Think they are angling for Roy to end up with the teacher and Keeley to end up back with Jamie. Question is if somebody cheats on somebody or if it’s all mutual partner substitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't say I'm a big lover of the show and find some of the scenes a bit immature but I'm looking forward to seeing how this fares out for Nate

Not only did he piss off Ted he also might have Roy after him too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great end to the season and the Big Bad for next season has been revealed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭Sparko

Few blips this season for me but still loving it.

I wonder if Trent Crimm will get a job with the club next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Sam & Edwin's scene was hilarious. One of the funniest things of the season, I was surprised by how funny it was.

Enjoyed Nate & Ted's conversation, definitely didn't go the way I thought it would, given the show's usual nature, but fair play to them for sticking with the route they'd laid out.

The game was fairly predictable, but grand.

Kinda felt the Rupert news was a bit meh, the idea of the new season's big bad doesn't really mean a whole lot in a league of 20 teams. It's a bit inconsequential. Anyway...

Roy definitely Player of the Season. But some great support throughout the team; Rebecca, Keeley, Sharon, Sam & Beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Great finale but one thing I didn't really get was what was the catalyst for Nate's hatred of Ted? Maybe I missed something subtle in an earlier episode or was it just that he felt he wasn't getting enough recognition for his contributions

Good explanation here. Its basically down to his toxic relationship with his Dad. He saw Ted as a father figure and this season he hardly interacted with Ted so all his insecurities came back

It just seems to be Nate's own lack of self-worth and his insecurities. That he spent so long in the shadows being ignored until Ted came along, that when Ted helped him start becoming successful and confident, it hasn't brought him the level of respect and value he thought he would have to make him as respected as everyone else. He thinks Ted is only using him for his football knowledge but doesn't value him personally because he doesn't have the photo he gave him on his desk, even though Ted actually has that photo in his apartment next to a photo of his own son.

I think it's why he tore up the Believe sign too, because he thinks the players will credit their faith in it and Ted for them winning rather than Nate's plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoyed the last scene and is a perfect set up to the next season

Overall I was meh about this season and felt some scenes were terrible esp the Christmas episode but it got better in time. Looking forward to season 3

Nates dad won't give him the slightest acknowledgement, and he thinks he's a piece of **** because of it, so when Ted gives him that acknowledgement and then in Nate's mind takes it away, it breaks him, so he lashes out......

And y'now, Rupert's a cnut.

I don't know if I hate him more or less after this ....

Interesting arc for Nate alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Was caught off guard a bit alright by the extent of Nates vitriol towards Ted but a great episode. didn't realise it was the last of the season 😫

Advertisement