Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭avfc1874

How can one person screw up so often and get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's distracted cos he's in studio 7.

He just made a bollox of the quiz promo as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

He is the most boring and beige person in the media

His program never changes its format

Mess up buttons

Same intro “551”

Same drawn out promo for the Quiz of the day

Song

Misery interview

Nuacht

Stupid identical Quiz with questions that are never relevant to this day

Short crap Z list interview

Money for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Tune in to see if darcy fcuks up. 😐

Course he does 😃. No surprise😯. And change station 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Don't forget a bit of self laughing at his own jokes and quips.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dynomutt

I have a feeling he’s doing it on purpose in order to have “button buffoon” personality quirk in lieu of having an actual personality.

Possibly suggested by Niamh who has already trolled him by getting him to proudly admit he has the skill of a wedding DJ and to perform that toe-curling Fresh Prince of Bel-Air “rap”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

There's a comedy series in this guy and his exploits along the lines of Frank Spencer. So he's out running and he gets a wasp in his gob which proceeds to sting him on the lip...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Field east

I did’nt listen to the total show re the wasp! Episode , so I do’nt know if he fully exploited the experience on the radio. It goes to show how dangerous he is with his opinions and they being pontificated AS GOSPEL - when he said that he got stung by a wasp and that a wasp can only sting once. He said this even though he said that he pulled/got the sting out and it had this feathery piece to it. I would question that for two reasons. First of all, it was , I think, on his lip and by the time he squeezed it/caught it to get it out with possibly saliva involved , it would be very, very hard to establish what it was . Also was he aware ,beforehand, what a wasp sting looked like? I recall that he mentioned that he saw the sting on the ground - after it being squeezed. Got bless his eyesight if he saw the sting on the ground amongst all the other ‘bits ad pieces’. And he being ‘100% composed’ in all the hustle and bustle having got the sting and to see it on the ground.

fact is a wasp can sting a number of times whereas a bee can sting ONLY ONCE because after having stung it then dies. The piece of the bee’s body left on the human constitutes the actual needle of the sting ,a feathery piece and a sac that contains venom which causes the pain.

If you catch ALL OF THIS to remove it you are more than likely going to squeeze some of the venom into the human body and therefor get a more painful sting. TRICK is to remove BEE sting by scraping it off with a sharp edge eg penknife, Visa card. Lean a little on the skin to ‘get under ‘ the sac to scrape it off

ANOTHER POINT Think the V/W car when you get a sting re wasp or bee and what you could do - apart from scraping a bee sting if that’s what it is. Put Vinegar on a Wasp sting and a paste of bread soda on a bee sting.

Maybe Ray covered all of the above - as it was a ideal opportunity to use the programme for something useful to the general public. It would be a change from being told what he and his family get up to, etc, etc, etc, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Brilliant touch there Ray to leave the quiz of today music on the whole time through the ad break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

Ray D'arcy Show is the Best Magazine Programme on radio according to the IMRO Radio Awards 2021.

There must be some seriously unwell and hearing impaired judges involved in that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Red Fred

More amusing was Mrs D'Arcy's tweet "Well done to the hardest working team"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

You can't polish a turd, so in that respect their job is impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dynomutt

Ray frequently mentions reading the Irish Times but manages to miss the articles that point out how hopeless he is. God bless his innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I wonder what the definition of a "magazine show" actually is?

I only really listen to Radio 1, but if Claire, Ryan and Brendan are in this category as opposed to "current affairs" then Ray would just about win for me. I know he's crap but he's just less rehearsed and more spontaneous than the other lot which kind of suits a magazine show at that time.

The fact that he is on immediately (when he can get the buttons right) after the deathfest that is Liveline is also an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Half a million euro for a "magazine show" - what normal people would call hospital radio quality

Goes to the show the nepotism in that crap organization

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Correct Brian, stuff that on in the Barbers Shop that is in the background, that nobody listens to for more than a few seconds at a time.

Pure dross, like some gobshïte cycling to Nairobi with a piano on his back,or something.

Hairdresser Radio®️…….😯

• Advertisement

The Ray D'arcy Show came out on top against Sean Moncrieff, Alive and Kicking with Clare McKenna (both Newstalk), The John Toal Show on Radio Ulster and The Hub on iRadio.

It must be remembered that it's basically a demo tape competition. Edited entries are judged so there's great opportunity there to cut out all the **** ups, inane questions etc.

So, it’s basically all makey-uppy, and therefore meaningless. What an incestuous industry.

Some very fine programmes and presenters won awards, I have no doubt but The Ray D'arcy Show winning a Gold award - or any award - cheapens every one else's win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Listened in on Friday, don't think Ian Dempsey likes Darcy much. Kept giving him sly digs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭leath_dub

It looks like Ray will only have to do his "Award winning magazine programme" to extract his ridiculous salary from RTE:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭archfi

That is one uber dumb decision by RTE.

D'Arcy's one badge of honour is The Den as he doesn't even need to play stupid as he is naturally stupidly ripe for taking the piss out of.

I think that show had big figures last winter and most everyone I know loved it.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Its a shame about the Den, in all fairness i thought Darcy was very good at that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭leath_dub

It's the role he was born to play : second fiddle to some upholstery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

This is a comment someone made about Don Bongino a Fox News host.

“Don Bongino always makes me think he should be wearing a little blue striped vest with a little red fez while he grins mindlessly and smashes two little cymbals together”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Is D'arcy criticising management, for canning his TV show?

Advertisement