Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Zero preparation, zero f##ks given. How does he still not know how to use the mixing desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭archfi

Another fckup. The actual sound of him hitting buttons and 'why isn't that working' and then a talk about the newsreader also called Ray about him being also called Ray. And that there's a load of Brian/Bryans in RTE.

God Almighty.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I was going WTF? at that handover, he must have been there for a good 20 seconds talking to himself asking why the buttons werent working. He really is some plank, like none of the other presenters have difficulty with this stuff. Its hard to believe he was a nightclub DJ for years yet he cant manage a button to play the intro music to his show.

I wonder what goes on upstairs with his bosses, presumably they have his show playing in the office while working away themselves and they're fully aware of these regular cock ups. Its probably a bit of a running joke with them that Ray cant operate a mixing desk. The joke is on us though to the tune of 450k per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

It was Darcy's birthday today and he was modest enough to not even mention it once 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

This fcuking idiot only watched the Ireland match because of Ronaldo, not because he should be patriotic

Ray Darcy should have been fired from RTE the day he showed disgusting contempt for the Nuacht reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

This is one of the worst interviews I've ever heard with that long ultra runner. It was like Darcy was butt-hurt Ann could run longer distances than him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,034 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The boy D’Arcy is hairdresser radio, nothing more than that, wedding DJ,that’s his best skill.

Outside that , useless, ill informed, no clue other than the top twenty of 1990.

RTE have been shafted….. big time ….along with JQ Taxpayer.

Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Listening to him the other day (work radio) some wan was on the quiz... what are ye at sez he... makin a porter cake sez she... an d'ya put real guinness in it sez he... I certainly do sez she..... ah now could ya put alcohol free guinness in it sez the eegit, he must be mighty craic at a party that lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Ray D'Arcy is a very odd little man

He's telling the audience today that he was walkig around the supermarket the other day and thought that people were looking at him in a funny way. He thought it mivht be his hari or hisn clothes. He then realises that he's not wearing a face mask. Ray's reaction? Instant panic! He puts on the face maskk and then makes it his mission to catch up with every on thet might possibly have seen him without the face mask so they can see that he's wearing one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭thesandeman

In fairness, the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago and I reacted in the exact same way and I'm not even famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,186 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I was driving today and heard more of the show than I usually do.

I thought the face covering story was quite amusing.

It happened to me a couple of times and I could relate to the embarrassment and minor panic.

The rest of the show was just pretty good magazine radio as it normally is.

Reading this thread one might expect car crash radio on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

You’re easily amused.

I like to think that is a bit of a bonus as I navigate my way through life 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"The gender you are assigned at birth"

You are born either male or female. Ray. Nobody assigns you a gender.

It's just a medical term - gender assignment.

The medical professional has a quick look at the particulars and decides M or F.

Gender, ie sex is observed at birth and WOW, even before birth!

The midwife doesn't have a sorting hat.

Ray, or rather his wife, can bugger off with that idpol linguistic rubbish

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

TBH it's a bit of a storm in a teacup really.

Sligojoe was correct in that essentially you are what you are at birth.

It's just that someone signs off, so to speak, to confirm that which you are.

No need to be getting upset with RD or Mrs RD.

Ah but I've heard him spout this rubbish many a time on his show. It's dressed up as intelligence and worse, presented as if it's fact. It's far from a storm in a teacup

Linguistic tricks be all the rage with his 'n' her sort.

I'm only 'upset' with this buffoon when he can't operate the buttons tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Made another balls of the buttons inside the first few seconds of the show.

Amateur hour.

And he made another balls about 10min later....and has to ask one of the staff to help him out.

450k per year.

Post edited by NIMAN on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,034 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Who is that gobby bewer on right now.

“There was sau much gawin an”

Payne in the hauell…..

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

That was great from Joanne. Covering Eric Claptons "cocaine" ha!

Missed the correct button again.

Will he ever learn? He's only at the job for what? 25 or 30 years.

Maybe, longer than he should have been allowed be

Speaking of Darcy, it was this time 21 years ago that he took over the Today FM midmorning show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Screwed up the buttons again?

A few years back, I flicked over for the 1 o'clock news and caught the end of Ronan Collins. He made a mistake on the buttons. Nothing major as such. He had played a song over an ad or similar. Not a hanging offence by a long shot.

But, he was in a heap about it. I paraphrase : 'Ahh nooo, I'm going to have to fill in loads of reports/forms and send them to the powers that be' etc. It really got to him - he was just thinking out loud.

That requirement does not seem to apply if you're a D12 NK chosen one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

And messes up again doing the one thing he does everyday

Advertisement