Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its a WiFi mesh (eero). So doesn't give you the choice but puts you on the best option. Just once it kept me on the longer range 2.4 as I was in the back of the house.

Took about 10 seconds to sort.

If you sign up for Ubisoft+ multi access it will work across PC, Stadia and Luna ( Amazon streaming only in US right now).

You will keep the €15 price as long as you join before the 29th Sept and don't change the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Did they officially allow Ubisoft connect on the Stadia store in Ireland?

I missed that announcement, though I've been checking for about a year now!

It's in the last update on Sept 1st. So should work now.

Ah cool, thanks! 🙂

Typically, last week there was an offer to re-sub for €1 for the first month and I didn't bother, because I couldn't link it to Stadia.

Now the offer is over 😒

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

Heap of Stadia News this week.

PGA2K21 on Stadia Pro from Today, Two Free Play Games for Weekend and Two New Games

Surprise addition to Stadia Pro - PGA2K21 is available to be claimed from today. Smashing addition.

It was free to play around one of the majors a few months back and was good craic.

In other news Madden '22 NFL and Rainbow Six Siege are free to play this weekend.

"Both Madden NFL 22 and Rainbow Six Siege are having free play weekends. Both games will be available to play starting at 10 AM PT on Thursday, September 9th, and will be available to play until 10 AM PT on Monday, September 13th.

You will be required to have a Stadia Pro subscription to take advantage of this free play weekend, and if you would like to play the games after the weekend is up, you can do so by purchasing the game through the Stadia Store."

Two new games added also today - Darkwood and Katamari Damacy REROLL.

Does anyone know if the ethernet plug for Chromecast Ultra

Works on the new Chromecast with Google TV?

That info could save me 20 bucks 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Yeah, thought that's what I'd read before, but wanted to double check! Think one's micro USB vs the other USB C!

Ah well, must wait for a sale to get the CC with Google TV and ethernet adapter together in a bundle 🙂

Edit: Wonder if a simple micro USB to USB C adapter would do the trick?

• Advertisement

I use mine with WiFi, and I replaced a chromecast ultra that was wired. Don't notice any difference speed wise at all. In fact, I think WiFi is faster, as the wired port was 100mb only.

I use a few streaming services and they're all wired! I'm nearly afraid to use them wireless, as if they're unuseable, I won't go back! 😁

Half duplex v full duplex, one way single lane v two way traffic. Wired Ethernet will always be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

So a month in and I am impressed. The addition of the Golf game has been brilliant, had a few of the lads over the other night and it was like been yoing again playing Tiger Woods 09.

I really hope the fact that PC is not getting a next gen version if FIFA but Stadia is will drive over a decent sized player base for it. I'm surprised Stadia is not directly pushing this fact as it makes total sense

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got an email there from Stadia over the weekend offering a free Premiere Edition - 4K Chromecast and Stadia controller - if I resub to the service. Bit of a no-brainer just to get the Chromecast from a tenner.

I've three now :) Got the day one and then the Resident Evil and Cyber punk offers. The controller is really nice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

anyone seen any deals for controller/ chromecast, thinking of getting onboard with this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Saw a few people mention this on Reddit over the weekend. They were saying it was UK only. Is that where you are based?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Adverts - I just picked a second one up there on Thursday - 50 euros for the chrome cast and controller.

No I'm in Dublin. I do seem to be set up for the UK in Stadia though - all the pricing for me there is in sterling.

• Advertisement

I've been using my 3 month trial of Stadia Pro which runs out this week. I have founders Geforce Now so have no intention of paying for both! I've mostly been playing the Division 2 on Stadia so I've now bought it again on Epic to play on GFN. Here's my thoughts;

GFN is miles better, not only looks better but is much smoother, better optimised, there are more settings so I can lock FPS. Stadia had little options with most settings greyed out. It's playing so much better for me I'm finding it easier get headshots which is a sure sign of micro stutter on Stadia. Stadia is 4k but only medium to high setting, GFN is 1080p with ultra and all particles effects and the Shield does a great job of upscaling it to 4k. It's like a different game on GFN. My Shield is connected using Ethernet on a 90/20 connection

Hopefully they'll extend that to Irish based store accounts too.

Anyone buy the FIFA 22 Ultimate Edition?

Be interested to see what it is like on Stadia.

FIFA on Stadia is the same as on PS5 and Xbox Series X.

I'd some messing about with Stadia running on the Xbox Series X via Edge browser today :)

It works, it is a bit hazy but usable.

Stadia Pro Games for October have been announced. One new game and four existing ones.

• DreamWorks Spirit Lucky’s Big Adventure (New Game)

Four additional games are set to be added to Stadia Pro on October 1: 

Hello Engineer

Cake Bash

Unto the End

Control - Ultimate Edition.

Definitely looking forward to Control, had been tempted to buy it a few weeks ago, glad I didn't now.

So it turned out that my account was linked to an old address in the UK so that was how I got the offer. But I was still able to get the deal by having it shipped to an AddressPal address. I still had to be pay import taxes, but that only worked out at €30 - still worth it for the Chromecast and controller.

Buy or pre-order any game for $59.99 or more before 10th of October and get a free stadia premiere edition. Similar to previous offers that were tied to specific games, but this is for any game. Might suit people looking for fifa maybe?

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-Community-Blog/Explore-new-games-with-a-free-Stadia-Premiere-Edition/ba-p/68708

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Was on the fence about picking up FIFA 22. This might just tip me over the edge. Even though I already have 3 of these already.

I almost picked up Baldurs Gate 3 last week but said I'd wait for pay day. Looks like it might work out for me.

I probably won't use it as have 2 myself already but possibly a nice gift for someone into games for Christmas.

• Advertisement

Mafia 3 just shadow dropped as a Pro title, free to claim from now along with the other titles.

Unto the End dropped from list for this month and will be available in December.

Brilliant few weeks for Stadia, so much going on.

Advertisement