Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Showing as in stock for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Seems like if you order and look again it's out of stock. Prob to prevent multiple orders. If I use incognito it is in stock again. But I think I've enough now 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Legend. Just got one for the young lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Damn, just seen this now and it's OoS again!

I just wasn't meant to get one cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

The Stadia app has launched for LG TVs, anything running WebOS 5.0 and higher (any of their TVs released in 2020 or 2021) should have the app in the LG Content Store (I didn't have to search, it was on the home screen).

I have installed it and played a minute of Judgement, it looks good and was easy enough to get in. Sign in was a bit rubbish had to type in my full google username and password with an onscreen keyboard rather than "go to this page on your phone and click yes" like they do for YouTue apps and the like.

Got my order dispatched email :)

I suppose the CPU in the TV will have a huge impact on the responsiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ush_2021

If anyone sees the Premiere Edition restocked I would really appreciate it if you could post it in here. Trying to grab one for a present and keep refreshing but it says OOS. I guess I have to be quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ush_2021

Stadia Premiere Edition back in stock on the Irish Google Store! Managed to grab one

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Just wondering what version of the Xbox app you are using? I'm on 1gb fibre broadband now so internet speed isn't a problem but not having much success getting the app to work stably

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I have it on my shield TV, using the latest game pass beta app, much more stable than the non beta. Resolution is better too, still not good enough imo but better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

I'm using the v7 version. It's very ga e dependant. I was playing GTA San Andreas without a hitch but the new Forza doesn't work at all for me.

I wish we had the performanceof Stadia with the game library of Game Pass.

I've had Stadia but dropped it as I also have founders Geforce now. I have a few games on Stadia so I'll be back at some stage.

In the last few days I've gotten access to the 3080 RTX tier in Geforce now and it completely blows all the other streaming services away, it's the next level. 4k 60fps in cyberpunk in ultra on the Shield looks amazing and it feels so smooth. I've also been playing the Division 2 in ultra with RTX and Arma 3 maxed at 1440p 120fps on the laptop and 32" Samsung G5.

Have Google any upgrade plans as I did enjoy stadia and will most likely be back for exclusives.

Google have said they are going to upgrade their hardware but that was a long time ago now so it's hard to know if they will or not.

I wouldn't be waiting for exclusives either, they shut down their dev studio.

Can Stadia support steering wheels yet?

Bit of a balls to have DIRT and F1 etc without the ability to use a wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

I ordered 2 on the recent sale mainly to play FIFA but now I am thinking I might put them in the kids santa socks killing two birds. Just wondering if there are any decent games for kids on them aged 8 & 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Have the 3080 tier myself, it's absolutely amazing, just wish the supported games list was bigger. Imagine if game pass cloud had the level of hardware that gfn 3080 has 😵

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What is the best way to get up and running with FIFA on one of these? I'd be playing both online and local multiplayer. Any option aside from just buying it outright and subscribing?

That's working for me now, last week it was showing that it wasn't available in my region.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭wassie

Also gererally only claimable if you havent had a similar 3 month offer before (excluding the introductory 3 month free they used to offer). I've tried these a few times over the last 12 months with no luck.

Just buy the game outright, you don't need to subscribe to anything to play it.

You'd generally need the controller and Chromecast to play it on a TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

Purchase the game and away you go.

The Stadia version runs really well thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

It's asking me to subscribe for 9.99 to redeem code, anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

Good sale starts today on the big games.Picked up F1 and Cyperpunk

• Advertisement

Since we have a few new Stadia owners due to the recent promotion there is no harm doing a quick recap.

Do I need to subscribe?

- No, you can buy a game and stream it at 1080p on the free service. If you do subscribe you get to stream at 4k and get around 30 free games to play while the sub is active. But a sub is not required.

How do I get the free games?

- Pro accounts can claim free games. Each month 4-5 games get added but you need to log into the app and click claim.

Can I cancel the sub and sign up again later?

- Yes, any games you claim are on your account. If you cancel the sub you can't play them, but if you sub again later on they will be ready to play. However, you cant claim the free games if you are not subbed.

What can I play on?

- Chrome cast ultra hooked up to a TV with the stadia controller.

- Chrome cast with Google TV via the app.

- PC you can play in the Google Chrome browser.

- Phone you can use the app. Or Google Chrome.

-Bunch of random devices with chrome or the app installed.

(You can stop playing on your TV and pick up your phone and keep playing. You can go into work and play on your break on chrome. No need to worry about downloading save files it's all in the cloud).

Can I use the Chromecast ultra/ controller for anything else?

- Yes, the Chromecast can be used with your phone to stream content to your phone. The controller will work on other devices but you prob need to plug it in via the cable.

Can I use other controllers?

- Yes PS and XBOX controllers are supported. As are many third party ones.

Advertisement