Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any info out there on TOOL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What's peoples opinions on A Perfect Circle

Find there pretty good and shows off Maynard James Keenans vocal abilities really well

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

First 2 albums are excellent, everything after that is meh

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I loved the first album and thought there were some real high points on the follow up but for some reason I really struggle to listen to either album now. I have no idea what it is that just puts me off these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The first album is an absolute classic, it's even quite underrated in my book; it's renowned and all, but it really doesn't get all the credit it deserves considering how good it is. One of the all time great alternative rock records. Some of the songs on that I'd still listen to after nearly twenty years - Judith, Three Libras, Sleeping Beauty(man, what a tune) , The Hollow. Also Maynard's best vocals on any album anywhere in my book.

The second album is pretty great in places. Though it stumbles a bit here and there, some songs like The Outsider are a bit cheesy and blunt. It's a very uneven album.

After that, it's serious diminishing returns.

That covers album was a waste. I can't stand that Imagine cover, I loved it when I was a teenager but now it sounds a bit stupid and lame to me.

The most recent one was, quite frankly, crap - no balls, no edge. There isn't a single memorable song in it and the Maynardisms about the usual evils sound pretty stale. Felt like a Puscifer release and they've never done much for me.

I've mentioned it somewhere on here before, but I find Maynard's vocals on Eat The Elephant to be a bit off - they sound a bit artificial and overproduced. I don't think he has the pipes anymore, which is fine, he is nearly sixty.

Fear Innoculm was pretty light on the Maynard front too. I think Adam is the star of the show on that record.

As hard to believe as it is, Lateralus is twenty years old today:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Anyone watched this youtube documentary? Spliced together from interviews and other clips from Opiate to FI.

I got through the first half an hour one night and never returned to it. Wasn't too bad but clearly wasn't good enough to make me return and watch the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Arghus wrote: »
    The first album is an absolute classic, it's even quite underrated in my book; it's renowned and all, but it really doesn't get all the credit it deserves considering how good it is. One of the all time great alternative rock records. Some of the songs on that I'd still listen to after nearly twenty years - Judith, Three Libras, Sleeping Beauty(man, what a tune) , The Hollow. Also Maynard's best vocals on any album anywhere in my book.

The second album is pretty great in places. Though it stumbles a bit here and there, some songs like The Outsider are a bit cheesy and blunt. It's a very uneven album.

After that, it's serious diminishing returns.

That covers album was a waste. I can't stand that Imagine cover, I loved it when I was a teenager but now it sounds a bit stupid and lame to me.

The most recent one was, quite frankly, crap - no balls, no edge. There isn't a single memorable song in it and the Maynardisms about the usual evils sound pretty stale. Felt like a Puscifer release and they've never done much for me.

I've mentioned it somewhere on here before, but I find Maynard's vocals on Eat The Elephant to be a bit off - they sound a bit artificial and overproduced. I don't think he has the pipes anymore, which is fine, he is nearly sixty.

Fear Innoculm was pretty light on the Maynard front too. I think Adam is the star of the show on that record.

danny's album

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I got through the first half an hour one night and never returned to it. Wasn't too bad but clearly wasn't good enough to make me return and watch the rest.
    I watched it all but did it in bits through my work day. Nothing new if you've spent time watching all the Tool content already on youtube but it has me listening to FI and 10,000 days again today (Lateralus next). Haven't listened to them in 6 months

European Tour announced for May 2022 including an Irish date at the 3 Arena.

Bizarre how much has changed between the release of the album and its European Promotional Tour.

Looks like presale could be tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Pricey tickets - €107.00, 102.00, 92.00 plus fees. They'll hardly sell out the 3 Arena initially anyhow but it's been a long time coming....

I'd say they'll sell it out. Still a hugely popular band - first gig here in 16 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Any way the ticket prices will come down folks? Can’t justify those prices

if not I’ll be chancing the hawkers on the night of the concert.

Yeah those ticket prices are way to high and with the amount of tours happening next year id be iffy about going

Reckon i will end up getting a ticket but go for one of the cheap ones. Sure prob wont matter esp not been allowed use phones during the concert

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

For anyone having trouble getting a presale ticket through ticketmaster today, go through the link provided in the email from Tool Army (and keep your tool army code handy): https://shops.ticketmasterpartners.com/tool. It worked for me after sitting on the TM site for an hour looking at a spinner

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elisacullen

Anyone with a spare code for the Tool presale?

Thanks in advance!

Any codes for pre-sale tickets?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ardeehey

Any pre-sale codes would be great...please! Big time fear of missing out here!!😋

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got tickets, was actually really hard and took over an hour, they were hammered this morning.

I'd say Fri morning for general sale is gonna be a nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Feck it, just bought 3 tickets, Block H using my daughter's presale code. My sciatica has been playing up, the brother's knee is buggered and my son will be doing the Leaving a month after the concert but it's TOOL and the 3 of us are devoted fans.

At least the young fella will know the Fibonacchi sequence off by heart for his Maths exam.

Will there be any chance of cheaper tickets being issued at some stage

my young fella wants to go along with his little friend they are 7 and 9. Their teacher is TOOL mad and love of music in general is something the teacher imparts to the class.

would this show be suitable for that age group?

I’m leaning towards letting them go for the first 20-30 mins then bailing out...?

this is all dependent on tickets being in our budget which is currently very much NOT the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

The promoter is getting an email this morning asking about kid tickets and pricing for same so will report back when I have a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

It says on the tickets U16s can get in with an adult. There will be no discount for a ticket for them though. You'll be paying full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

It's a metal gig, not OneDirection. The band themselves are "well behaved" these days, but swearing is normal.

You'd let them go for 20 min then pull them out? After paying full price on tickets? That's mental. Leave those tickets for people who will stay for the whole show.

This show will 100% sell out. There will likely be touts selling tickets at double the price, but I can't see tickets going for less than sale price unless you get really lucky with someone selling theirs.

Delusional entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Isn't 20-30 mins about two songs at a Tool concert?

Advertisement