Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Essay on ultra vires

PQ on restriction

PQ on directors duties

Essay on crystallisation

Essay on SLP on the context of holding companies

PQ on enforceability of charges

Essay on section 31

PQ on duties of receiver

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kkelly97

PROPERTY

Does anyone have an updated grid? I want to leave out mortgages, covenants and landlord and tenant....

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Landlord and Tenants came up in the last exam, it is usually only ever an essay and it is always the same question so it is unlikely that it will come up this exam I would guess anyways.

Covenants and mortgage have both not made an appearance for a few papers and could be due a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LawCopy16

For people sitting exams online - is there any information from the law society regarding the rules? Are we allowed to use the bathroom? Do we need to show the camera that the room is empty/that there is nothing written in legislation etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Mortgages also tends to be a similar question about how banks may enforce securities

• Advertisement

True. Rights of mortgagee also a popular question.

The general consensus is that most people flick through the legislation to the camera to show there is nothing written etc but it hasn't been made a rule.

Bathroom breaks are allowed.

PROPERTY

Does anyone have an updated grid? Mine only goes up tp October 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

I sat online in March and just said to the screen every time I was going to the bathroom, and once that I had to let in my cat (it was raining and she was clawing at the window lol). Didn't have to show around the room or anything like that just have to show ID to the camera at the start. I have a tendency to look at the ceiling when I am trying to remember things and there were no problems. Just as long as you aren't overtly looking away from your keyboard/screen you won't have any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 fe1taker1998

Opinions on state aid for eu? Hasn't come up in a while and IC lecturer highlighted it could be important any thoughts?

You can apply provisionally. I emailed the law society about this

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Twinings2016

Hi all,

Does any kind person have their Company script, where they passed, available to share?

I failed last time and unsure of where I am going wrong, so it'd be so so helpful!

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Anon3ymous

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

So did I and you can apply no problem. They make allowances for people who want to do the Hybrid, have a training contract, but have 1 or 2 more exams to sit in October before the next intake. They won't offer you a place as such but they will allow you to submit your application pending the results of the exams you have left to sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 musicmanual123

Does anybody have November 2020 Constitutional law examiner's report pleaseeee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

Hey, can I ask who you spoke to about this and where you sent your application?

I also emailed to ask if I could submit my application before I get the results (sitting my last two in October), and they actually told me that I couldn't actually submit until I had my results, but they would make allowances for those of us in my position to put in the application late.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 musicmanual123

does anyone have any exam scripts (with a passing grade) from constitutional they would be willing to share ! ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

I do and I'm happy to send to you, but I'll admit it was a bare pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DarthBhfeidir

Hope everyone's revision is going well and good luck in the upcoming exams, not that any of will need it amirite ;)

Quick question, what is everyone covering for criminal? I have:

1. Homicide/Manslaughter
    2. NFOATPA
    3. Sexual offences
    4. Offences Against Property
    5. Defences
    6. Complicity
    7. Mens Rea/Actus Reus
    8. Practice and procedure
    9. Inchoate offences

Enough or can I trim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

EQUITY

hi everyone, could anyone tell me if I'm on the right track or if I should add anything?

Certaintes, Strong v bird, DMC, Charitable trusts with Cy Pres, Joint Deposit Accounts & Advancment, Trusteeship, All injunctions, Specific Performance, Rectificiation, Proprietary Estoppel and Satisfaction?

I know undue influence is very popular but its just so long

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

I would trim down on injunctions, focus on the more popular ones (e.g Anton Piller etc are small enough too cover) but I didn't study all injunction as its only really 1/2 aspects of it that comes up anyways. Undue influence is long, but the questions seem to usually be very easy to understand (in my view anyways). I sat Equity last sitting and UI was my favourite question by far, along with DMC. I have brief notes I can send onto you if needed.

I am studying along similar line but as Satisfaction came up in the last paper I've left it out.

I'm covering Undue Influence but it's had a long run and maybe not appear this time round. Same goes for proprietary estoppel

I was advised to look at constructive trusts but haven't as I find it too long and I'm at the stage I don't know if I can take on any more info, lol!

I would place a strong focus in understanding interlocutory in general and then knowing the differing approach in mareva, mandatory and quia timet and being aware of the criteria which might affect the granting of an injunction

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Has anybody Constitutional case note answers from March 18 up until the last paper, any of them at all would be greatly appreciated. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

EU LAW

Would anyone with sample EU answers mind sharing the answer to Question 2 October 2019 Exam Paper for EU? The same question came up as Q2 on March 2017 paper.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Thanks.. does this mean that the application will only be considered once the exams are passed? Also, do you include the results of the ones you've passed so far?

i was told I could send in my application and it will remain pending until the fe1 results are released. I will include all my other result letters with my application, even though I haven’t received a results letter since March 2020! They said the traineeship section will have access to our results if we don’t have the letters to prove it. Also not to pay the application fee until it has been approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

Rory O'Boyle - i think he's the coordinator of the Hyrbid or something. I haven't sent my application yet - i was going to get them all done this sitting but I decided to half them and i'm sitting two in March now instead so i'll be going in (hopefully) in '23.

Best of luck with the exams and the application 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Hey guys for those studying contract - I plan on leaving out agency, formal requirements, illegal contracts and undue influence. Covering everything else but now starting to think that I’ve cut myself too short. Anyone have any opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 lawd20

PROPERTY - ADVERSE POSSESSION

Hi, has anyone done the November 2020 AP question?

Just wondering how people have addressed the issue of there being negotiations to enter a lease, and also the issue re Dermot being in a nursing home.

Many thanks 😊

Advertisement